Australia Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, congrats.

They applied a week after us. So there's still that.

But yeah, congrats..

It's like when you're down to the last two in Masterchef, and you lose, but you still have to look like you're genuinely happy for the winner.

Yeah, that feeling.
Maybe also try to see the majority of people who applied way before you, who are also still waiting, and try to see this grant as a lucky win, instead of seeing it as you 'losing'. I know it's hard and it's not fair, but I also know someone who applied in January 2016 who is still waiting. It's the luck of the draw, unfortunately.

Reactions: Skybluebrewer

·
Registered
147 Posts
Maybe also try to see the majority of people who applied way before you, who are also still waiting, and try to see this grant as a lucky win, instead of seeing it as you 'losing'. I know it's hard and it's not fair, but I also know someone who applied in January 2016 who is still waiting. It's the luck of the draw, unfortunately.
Oh, I absolutely agree. It's even worse for those that have been waiting even longer than us.

But when you know people applied around the same time as you, then all things being equal, you ask yourself, "then why not us?".

Sure, there could be extenuating circumstances that mean one application is more easily finalised than another. But again, it puts paid to the oft repeated mantra that 'all applications are considered in the order they are received'. Like, it calls massive BS at that notion.

Anyway, just saying it's bitter/sweet. Certainly aware of the fact that there are people with perhaps even stronger applications than me who have been waiting for more than 16 months.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok was wondering, I applied a day after you, but got the generic email from QLD not from CO....and I am from USA.

It was from the case officer..

I really hope all the people waiting a long time get their grants soon..

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hang in there folks. Looks like they are now granting for the new fiscal year, which means you should all be coming up for a grant any time now. I fully understand the frustration. But stay positive! It'll come through. :)

Reactions: jmp425 and Alice_06

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my grant today!

• Applied 24 June 2016
  • Email request for AFP/Med/Police clearance 16 May 2017
  • Uploaded AFP & finished Medical by 23 May 2017
  • Email request for Police clearance again (Sent them an email asking for an extension as process to get NBI was slow) 20 April 2017
  • Uploaded NBI clearance 31 May 2017
  • Received email saying they've received the NBI clearance and no further information was required 9 June 2017
  • Received grant 10 July 2017

Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my grant today!

• Applied 24 June 2016
  • Email request for Police clearance again (Sent them an email asking for an extension as process to get NBI was slow) 20 April 2017
  • Received email saying they've received the NBI clearance and no further information was required 9 June 2017

wow. Congrats, it is such a great new to start the week. hopefully someone will contact me soon :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got my grant today!

• Applied 24 June 2016

Sigh. Haha maybe the goodness vibes I felt this morning weren't for me! Congrats on your grant. Here's to hoping I get mine this week then? Thumb twiddling for 16mo now gets boring :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi All,

Just a few quick questions:

1) If applying for an 820 over the weekend via credit card, would the BVA automated email still come through or would it be through on the next working day?

2) With regards to the relationship statement, our individual statements outline all the criteria that we need to address in the 4 question boxes, rather than complicate things am I able to just put --- Please see attached relationship statements? or something to that affect. I just want to keep it all clear what is his and what is mine, writing in the boxes I didn't feel like I could do that.

Thanks,

:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sigh. Haha maybe the goodness vibes I felt this morning weren't for me! Congrats on your grant. Here's to hoping I get mine this week then? Thumb twiddling for 16mo now gets boring :p
well, don't loose your hope. yours mine come after, who knows? :) mine will be 16m in a week too anyway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well, don't loose your hope. yours mine come after, who knows? :) mine will be 16m in a week too anyway.
Frustrating seeing others with shorter wait times being granted, but trying to hold onto my hope. Who knows... maybe this may be the week... otherwise there's always next week, and well the week after. Haha.

Fingers crossed for the both of us!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Frustrating seeing others with shorter wait times being granted, but trying to hold onto my hope. Who knows... maybe this may be the week... otherwise there's always next week, and well the week after. Haha.

Fingers crossed for the both of us!
haha yea. hard to understand how they work. I have prepared myself for 20-21m. but last week on a visa page I joined, I saw someone who comes from the same country (high risk) got her grant after 10m. sigh...

·
Registered
61 Posts
haha yea. hard to understand how they work. I have prepared myself for 20-21m. but last week on a visa page I joined, I saw someone who comes from the same country (high risk) got her grant after 10m. sigh...
Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all hey. It's annoying & really frustrating at times. I am REALLY hoping I receive mine sooner than later... especially within the next two months so I don't have to apply + pay for another BVB for travel. I'm from US, which isn't high risk and have been waiting 16mo... I have seen others from risk countries receive in little as 8mo!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all hey. It's annoying & really frustrating at times. I am REALLY hoping I receive mine sooner than later... especially within the next two months so I don't have to apply + pay for another BVB for travel. I'm from US, which isn't high risk and have been waiting 16mo... I have seen others from risk countries receive in little as 8mo!
yea. I've been following the thread for a while and pretty surprised when knowing you have been waiting for so long while from the US. I know where I'm from so I had to prepare myself for the wait even though no one likes to wait. Anyway I have a strong belief in your case :) I'm a bit worried about mine after reading some threads, English is just my second language and to me, there were no differences between bf and partner so after reading here I checked my history statement and I found I used 'boyfriend' instead of 'partner' for my de-factor relationship. haha

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi All,

Just a few quick questions:

1) If applying for an 820 over the weekend via credit card, would the BVA automated email still come through or would it be through on the next working day?

2) With regards to the relationship statement, our individual statements outline all the criteria that we need to address in the 4 question boxes, rather than complicate things am I able to just put --- Please see attached relationship statements? or something to that affect. I just want to keep it all clear what is his and what is mine, writing in the boxes I didn't feel like I could do that.

Thanks,

:)
1. I believe since the CC payment is instant you don't have to wait for business days like you do for the bank transfers. The BVA won't go into effect until the visa you're on runs out so doesn't really matter if you don't get the BVA email right away anyway unless you waited until the last minute to apply.

2. Yes, some people choose to put "See attached statement" in the online boxes and attach their own statement. As long as you have something in your own words answering those areas of the relationship (and the sponsor as well).

·
Registered
61 Posts
yea. I've been following the thread for a while and pretty surprised when knowing you have been waiting for so long while from the US. I know where I'm from so I had to prepare myself for the wait even though no one likes to wait. Anyway I have a strong belief in your case :) I'm a bit worried about mine after reading some threads, English is just my second language and to me, there were no differences between bf and partner so after reading here I checked my history statement and I found I used 'boyfriend' instead of 'partner' for my de-factor relationship. haha
Well, I think you are doing quite well with your English, so keep it up. :) I think it is quite amazing that almost all other countries can speak more than one language. It is hard for me to count on one hand (bar my family) who can speak more than one language from the states (that I know). I just refer to my Partner as my partner regardless, I've always thought boyfriend/girlfriend was a bit elementary. Are you able to change the wording? I know that when I registered our relationship it just says partner de-facto on it, so I don't reckon it'll make much of an issue for you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
1. I believe since the CC payment is instant you don't have to wait for business days like you do for the bank transfers. The BVA won't go into effect until the visa you're on runs out so doesn't really matter if you don't get the BVA email right away anyway unless you waited until the last minute to apply.

Awesome, thanks so much.. his window of stay doesn't expire until the 4th August so we have some time but wasn't sure.

2. Yes, some people choose to put "See attached statement" in the online boxes and attach their own statement. As long as you have something in your own words answering those areas of the relationship (and the sponsor as well).
Perfect! we've been working on our statements :)

4521 - 4540 of 6595 Posts