Australia Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm 16 months since the date of my application. So the longer I wait for my visa 820, less I wait for my visa 801? Is that right? :(

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm 16 months since the date of my application. So the longer I wait for my visa 820, less I wait for my visa 801? Is that right? :(

Thanks.
I'm 16mo+ at the moment. I had the same logic until someone told me that's not correct. The processing time to be looked at for progression to 801 is still many months... so not sure what the right answer is.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hello guys,

Thanks.
Not really. You won't go straight to an 801 unless you were together longer than 3 years, or 2 years if you have a child together at time of application for the 820. You can apply for your 801 2 years from when you submitted your 820 application IF your 820 application is approved by then. The issue I see is if they take so long to approve the 820 application, you only have X amount of time from the date of grant of the 820 visa to gather evidence for your 801.

Reactions: Rimmel

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello guys,

Thanks.
Well, you'd wait less long from your visa grant to apply for the 801 (because you can apply for the 801 two years after you applied for the 820), but I think the processing time for the 801 is not dependent on the processing time for 820.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Today is the day. I received my grant.
Oh my gosh that is GREAT!! You even said, you felt lucky today!! Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! Definitely time to celebrate! :)

Reactions: Gabby and jmp425

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh my gosh that is GREAT!! You even said, you felt lucky today!! Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! Definitely time to celebrate! :)
Thank you!! Yahoo!!!! I guess all that fuss about not having any communication with a CO didn't matter since my application was done in full?! Definitely going to celebrate because this weekend is me and my partner's anniversary! How exciting!!! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you!! Yahoo!!!! I guess all that fuss about not having any communication with a CO didn't matter since my application was done in full?! Definitely going to celebrate because this weekend is me and my partner's anniversary! How exciting!!! :)
Awesome news.Enjoy! You've earned it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been following this post for several months now, but this is my first time posting.

My partner (applicant) and I (sponsor) submitted our application for 820 back in Feb 2016, and at the end of May 2017, we got a generic email asking us for additional documents. We submitted everything in early June 2017, and now just praying that we get the grant soon!

It's certainly encouraging to see people who applied around the same time getting their grants recently! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been following this post for several months now, but this is my first time posting.

My partner (applicant) and I (sponsor) submitted our application for 820 back in Feb 2016, and at the end of May 2017, we got a generic email asking us for additional documents. We submitted everything in early June 2017, and now just praying that we get the grant soon!

It's certainly encouraging to see people who applied around the same time getting their grants recently! :D
I know from having been following along I saw that some who received the generic email received their grant a month after they completed all the items in the generic email. For me, it was exactly a month as well after I submitted the medical/police check that was in the generic email! Hopefully that means for you then yours will be soon!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Deleted my question, saw you answered that somewhere else....CONGRATS!

4541 - 4560 of 6576 Posts