Australia Forum banner

4621 - 4640 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats horrendous Seb - call me naive but i think its an absolute disgrace that Aus immigration can conceivably take (a completely unjustified) $7,000 off people and leave them waiting so long... i thought the 12-18 month waiting period was appalling enough but to have not even heard anything in 2 years... its a disgrace. Surely there must be a body that oversees their work (or lack thereof) that you can appeal to?

tried to post a link to sbs article on how the aus govt cant justify the 7k fee but seems im not allowed post links.. if anyone interested can go on the sbs website and search 'The hidden cost of Australia's massive partnership visa fees'

Hey Stiller, I applied in 2015 and have not heard a single thing from them. No requests for anything. I still dont have my 820. In your case you have just applied so making any assumptions that your 820 will get refused is not possible. They will definitely let you know or ask you to explain ur case before declining. Anyway I hope and wish you get ur's asap. Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi stiller, I visited sbs and went through the article you mentioned and I can so much relate to it. We are young couple in our early twenties and so much is on the line from a career to our lives. If you visit DIBP website they just revised the processing times which are even lengthier than before. We cant really complain about it to any body! So best we can do is just join the waiting game.

·
Registered
34 Posts
See below for processing times or check the DIBP homepage

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi stiller, I visited sbs and went through the article you mentioned and I can so much relate to it. We are young couple in our early twenties and so much is on the line from a career to our lives. If you visit DIBP website they just revised the processing times which are even lengthier than before. We cant really complain about it to any body! So best we can do is just join the waiting game.
Processing times

820 - Temporary visa 18 months 2 1 months
801 - Permanent visa 18 months 22 months

Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 application is lodged) to finalisation.

Last updated 20 July 2017 (for month ending 30 June 2017)
Processing times vary.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Processing times

820 - Temporary visa 18 months 2 1 months
801 - Permanent visa 18 months 22 months

Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 application is lodged) to finalisation.

Last updated 20 July 2017 (for month ending 30 June 2017)
Processing times vary.
It's like they're not even trying anymore. In 6 months the wait time has really blown out

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's like they're not even trying anymore. In 6 months the wait time has really blown out
They've just taken our money and RUN! :D

I don't mind the wait, it is what it is, but it prevents people from getting jobs, settling down and making their roots in Australia. It can be so frustrating, but being with our loves ones and in the same country (for onshore applicants), as cliques as it sounds is what we all have to focus on and be happy with!

We are in the system and lets hope they start spitting out grants left, right and centre ASAP

Fingers and toes crossed :)

Reactions: Blue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. I have applied for 820 In April 2016 and I haven't heard anything from Immi yet. Anyone has applied at the same time as me get result?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello. I have applied for 820 In April 2016 and I haven't heard anything from Immi yet. Anyone has applied at the same time as me get result?
Hi TC1203.
My partner applied in April 2016 and was granted 820 in March 2017 so nearly a year from application to grant.
That was by paper through the Perth office.
I think we just got extremely lucky with the quick turnaround time so please do not worry I am sure someone will look into your soon...i have my fingers crossed for you.
Have you contacted immigration for an update? Is it still 12 months you can request an update or has this been pushed out along with the processing time does anybody know?

18-22 months is a horrendous amount of time now! how can they justify that!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My partner applied in May 2016 and we haven't heard anything yet. Others in this thread have applied and been granted 820 since then, so there really is no pattern or predictability.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lucky you!
My paper applied in Brisbane but the last time we went to see them to provide more proof they said they sent all cases to Melbourne to process. I wondered wth Brisbane office for? It's ridiculous. It takes long time for some one just to look at your paper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi FIrstladi, I applied in September 2015 and I have not heard a single thing since then. I am in 22nd month of my application and no contact. Good luck with your application and i wish you success!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not to worry. Just over a year is still an OK waiting time. We have been waiting 22 months so far and no word whatsoever from immigration, despite multiple attempts for an update and priority processing. We are just going to wait until we have passed the 2 year mark and then push more directly too 801 rather then 820. We applied on-line in Perth by ourselves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone,

I applied for 820 visa in Jan 2017 but now there's an emergency and I have to travel overseas. I know I need to apply for BVB to be able to return to Australia. But after I return, will I be able to re-apply for BVA or does the BVB remain and I won't be allowed to work here? Does anyone have the experience?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi everyone,

I applied for 820 visa in Jan 2017 but now there's an emergency and I have to travel overseas. I know I need to apply for BVB to be able to return to Australia. But after I return, will I be able to re-apply for BVA or does the BVB remain and I won't be allowed to work here? Does anyone have the experience?
Are you already on a BVA?

From my own personal experience, I was on the BVA and applied for my BVB through my immiaccount, sent them my E-ticket, travel schedule etc and it was granted the next day. When you come back if you are already on a BVA it just continues as it is.

You can apply for a BVB if you meet all of the following:

- you are in Australia
- you already hold a Bridging visa A (BVA) or a BVB
- you have applied in Australia for a substantive visa that can be granted to you while you are in Australia
- you have substantial reasons for wanting to leave and return to Australia while your substantive visa application is being processed.
- Further criteria must be satisfied for the BVB to be granted.

Reactions: Jana_max

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone,

Nope, just get back to Oz before the BVB runs out and when it does run out while you're onshore the BVA will continue. Think of it as being on top of the BVA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone,

Hi Jana

I believe you received the answer of question from Gabby already. I am new to this group. I would like to quickly ask you whether you heard them back at all after applying in January? I applied in early February, hence curious, thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No...no contact since I applied, but I have seen that some of those who applied after me have been requested for further info already!

4621 - 4640 of 6576 Posts