Australia Forum banner

4681 - 4700 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds like they are getting ready to approve the visa once they have the documents they requested. I supplied mine and got my grant just 2 days later. Best of luck! So excited for you!! :)
Well the request from SAU for my overseas and AFP check was in March. I had issues getting the overseas one because of being here in Oz. So there was a delay and I had to finally go overseas in May to get everything sorted. Did my wife's overseas police check while we were there.
Late June we received an email requesting the AFP police check and health assessment for my wife. That's been completed and submitted early July along with other documents they requested such as Form 80, history of relationship etc.
A CO hasn't been assigned. It's been 8 months since we applied so I'm not sure where we stand. Wife was granted 3 months BVB which expires in a week and we need to go overseas again to sort out personal things and visit her family. So what do you think? Seems a bit unfair to have to apply for another BVB again when having the TR wold make things less stressful.
That's great that you had your answer 2 days after supplying your documents. Your circumstance must have been different, you were probably well into the waiting queue.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Hi Hotdog, mate it is still luck of the draw but you are deep into that now, so hang in there mate - it is just a process with planning levels that dictate when visas can be issued.

I am pretty sure your application is fine - you worked hard on that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Hotdog, mate it is still luck of the draw but you are deep into that now, so hang in there mate - it is just a process with planning levels that dictate when visas can be issued.

I am pretty sure your application is fine - you worked hard on that.
Good to hear from you again ampk. Thanks. Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well the request from SAU for my overseas and AFP check was in March. I had issues getting the overseas one because of being here in Oz. So there was a delay and I had to finally go overseas in May to get everything sorted. Did my wife's overseas police check while we were there.
Late June we received an email requesting the AFP police check and health assessment for my wife. That's been completed and submitted early July along with other documents they requested such as Form 80, history of relationship etc.
A CO hasn't been assigned. It's been 8 months since we applied so I'm not sure where we stand. Wife was granted 3 months BVB which expires in a week and we need to go overseas again to sort out personal things and visit her family. So what do you think? Seems a bit unfair to have to apply for another BVB again when having the TR wold make things less stressful.
That's great that you had your answer 2 days after supplying your documents. Your circumstance must have been different, you were probably well into the waiting queue.
Actually, I fully believe my grant came so fast because I called them to let them know that I'd uploaded it all. That being said, my case was different in that I had to meet Schedule 3 requirements. Therefore, they looked at my application a lot sooner than most. It couldn't hurt for you to give them a call to let them know everything has been submitted and that you may have to take another overseas trip. Might move them along. If they asked for all of that, it means they are planning to approve. So, give them a ring and see what happens. Could end up getting your approval right after. Either way, at least they are looking at everything. :) Best of luck! Hope you get that grant soon.

Reactions: hotdawg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all,
I as the sponsor was requested to provide an overseas and Australian police check back a few months ago. Then a couple of months ago my wife was requested to provide an overseas and Australian police check as well as her medical. Does this mean that DIBP are close to granting the 820? As these things are valid 1 year is it likely they would request these documents back then and then wait close to a year to grant the 820? We applied for the onshore, online in December 2016. We have already submitted just about everything.
I applied in December 2016 also, but in VIC via paper application. In January 2017 they requested my Aussie partners Police documents. But we have not heard from them since.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I haven't submitted the online application yet. I see the 47sp "Submit" button, but haven't pressed it. I don't want to press it, because we want to wait another month for our de facto anniversary. We haven't paid yet.

When will we pay? After the submit button or do we have to launch the 40sp? When we pay, does the bridging visa get launched? And only after we pay is when the uploading process happens?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually, I fully believe my grant came so fast because I called them to let them know that I'd uploaded it all. That being said, my case was different in that I had to meet Schedule 3 requirements. Therefore, they looked at my application a lot sooner than most. It couldn't hurt for you to give them a call to let them know everything has been submitted and that you may have to take another overseas trip. Might move them along. If they asked for all of that, it means they are planning to approve. So, give them a ring and see what happens. Could end up getting your approval right after. Either way, at least they are looking at everything. :) Best of luck! Hope you get that grant soon.
Yeah I sent an email to DIBP stating all the specifics, so far just the generic email with all the usual info and answers to general questions. It states:
Due to large volumes of enquiries, we will not respond to your email if your query is answered by the information below.
I will call them anyhow and see what response I get.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't submitted the online application yet. I see the 47sp "Submit" button, but haven't pressed it. I don't want to press it, because we want to wait another month for our de facto anniversary. We haven't paid yet.

When will we pay? After the submit button or do we have to launch the 40sp? When we pay, does the bridging visa get launched? And only after we pay is when the uploading process happens?
When you pay, you will automatically receive a receipt for payment and shortly after confirmation of your partner's bridging visa a. Obviously, pressing submit will take you to the payment page.

You can upload more evidence as soon as you've paid and can continue doing so for the duration of your wait (up to a limit or 60 documents) which could be many many months

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you pay, you will automatically receive a receipt for payment and shortly after confirmation of your partner's bridging visa a. Obviously, pressing submit will take you to the payment page.

You can upload more evidence as soon as you've paid and can continue doing so for the duration of your wait (up to a limit or 60 documents) which could be many many months
Thanks :) So the applicant submits the 47sp, submits/pays, then the 40sp gets done by the sponsor after the payment/bridging visa? Again, we don't apply until October, but want to understand due to timing of our current visa expiring vs the bridge visa going into effect :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thanks :) So the applicant submits the 47sp, submits/pays, then the 40sp gets done by the sponsor after the payment/bridging visa? Again, we don't apply until October, but want to understand due to timing of our current visa expiring vs the bridge visa going into effect :)
Correct. The sponsor can do the application after payment. Bridging visa depends on when payment is processed so if you do BPAY, expect for it to take several days, especially over a weekend. Credit card is instant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a Hong Kong and British citizen and was granted a partner visa on De Facto grounds in Feb 2017. (onshore) My partner (Australian-British) and I met in the UK and I applied for a working holiday visa to come to Australia with him before we satisfied the 12 month relationship requirement. We never used a migrant agent and I understand how stressful the application process might be. I just shared my experience on YouTube and I hope the videos can help out those who are going through the same process! The slides are in English and the recording's in my native language. I inserted English subtitles for those who are interested to hear my story and personal suggestions.

【Part 1】 - Eligibility, (Hidden) Cost, Processing Time

【Part 2】 - My Story (my worries, documents I attached, supporting witnesses and more..)

【Part 3】 - Advice On Gathering Documents

【Part 4】 - Online Application - Things I Wish I Knew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

Wondering if I could get some information, I'm Canada and been with my Australian partner for 2 and a half years now. In that 2 and a half years I lived with him for 4 months while on a Australian Working Holiday Visa and currently 10 months on a Visitor Visa. We've since got our relationship registered in Queensland, opened a joint bank account, have many pictures, letters, etc etc together and we are starting our De facto application this weekend !

My question is, is it best to submit the application online or physically print all the documents out and mail them in? It seems more organized to mail them in but online might be quicker?

Also my visa expires late october so we will be applying in the beginning of october, should I get my canadian police check now or wait until requested?

Does my partner need to get a Australian police check?

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi guys,

Wondering if I could get some information, I'm Canada and been with my Australian partner for 2 and a half years now. In that 2 and a half years I lived with him for 4 months while on a Australian Working Holiday Visa and currently 10 months on a Visitor Visa. We've since got our relationship registered in Queensland, opened a joint bank account, have many pictures, letters, etc etc together and we are starting our De facto application this weekend !

My question is, is it best to submit the application online or physically print all the documents out and mail them in? It seems more organized to mail them in but online might be quicker?

Online is preferred, as you can continue to upload documents/evidence. Plus, it's easier to track and correspond with DIBP. Not to mention, if they request documents, you can submit them electronically, which is much faster. Also, when you submit and pay, you'll have instant notification that it's done and receive your BVA straight away. Posting it takes more time and leaves you in limbo as to when they receive it. My preference was online.

Also my visa expires late october so we will be applying in the beginning of october, should I get my canadian police check now or wait until requested?

I would wait on your police check, depending how long it takes to receive it. If it's going to take months for you to get it, you could start it now. If not, I'd wait until after you've lodged your visa application.

Does my partner need to get a Australian police check?

From my understanding, Yes. The new rules require your partner to have one, too.

Thanks everyone :)
Answers in Bold above. :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thank you SO Much !!!! So helpful...

Do case officers look down on your application when you've come into the country on a tourist, or working holiday and end up applying to stay here?
Not that I'm aware of. I came on an ETA visa, left and returned 3 times...then applied for the 820 after my visa extension/tourist visa was denied. I received my grant in May. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Applied for 820 today, I'm on the 300 at the moment.
Applied for sponsor's police check from Canada and Australia just to be prepared.
Agent requested more background info from sponsor (where he lived and visited within the last 10 years and all the other "have you been convicted", "are you a terrorist" etc kind of questions).

4681 - 4700 of 6576 Posts