Australia Forum banner

4741 - 4760 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We jumped the gun on that and got the health check done before any request was made. Basically our application has been ready for processing since we lodged it.
Do you mean that we can do a medical test before waiting for them to ask us to do?! I assumed that we must wait for them to ask us to do the medical test, otherwise it will not be valid!:confused:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thank you for your info. However, I have recently submitted my new born baby's birth certificate and in reply I was encouraged to do my foreign police certificate and health check up. I am not sure if I should go ahead and act on it since its not a reply from actual case officer.

Besides, I am also concerned about the medicare card which I was issued since I got granted for BV of 820. and it is valid for 12 months. therefore, if they take 18-21 months to make decision then whats gonna happen to medicare after running of its date?

Here I have started processing for my country police certificate which I am not sure if that is too early to apply, Also I have done my medical check up before I launched my application for 820. I am not sure now which medical check up they are asking me to go for.

So if you have any idea on this please let me know.

Much appreciated.
It is an interim medicare card because you are on a temporary visa (or in your case a BVA). They will automatically send you a new interim card before the expiry of your current one. Once you get PR, they send you the normal medicare card.

As for the medical it's best to wait as 820s take so long to process.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Do you mean that we can do a medical test before waiting for them to ask us to do?! I assumed that we must wait for them to ask us to do the medical test, otherwise it will not be valid!:confused:
You can do it whenever, but it's recommended to wait until requested because visa processing times are so long and medicals are only valid for 12 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since they've already waited 17 months, I'd do the medical now. It's not going to be a 27 month wait. Get it done, and once you get the confirmation of the department receiving it, send them an email telling them that everything is uploaded.
Grazie mille for your advice! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Since there hasn't seemed to be much action in this thread of late, I figured I'd share a minor development.

Just did my OCD morning ritual of logging into our immiaccount, and noticed with out even looking for it that next to my name (the sponsor) the word "approved" has appeared.

I honestly don't know how long it's been there to be perfectly honest, but I'm glad I noticed.

I know it's not much, but at the very least we can call it progress.

I don't know if this just happened randomly or if it's connected in any way to the email I sent the Perth office last week informing them of our imminent re-entry from Europe next week. Who knows? Not even worth contemplating the inner workings of this particular branch of federal bureaucracy. Will send me crosseyed no doubt.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On my wife's immi account, the "View health assessment" doesn't have anything stated next to it such as "approved". This was apparently what appeared on someone elses immi account in a previous comment on this thread. When we do press on the view health assessment link however, there is a paragraph stating that "Health Clearance Provided -No further action required". What does this mean? It was was in early July and no CO assigned. Applied for 820 Dec 2016.

·
Registered
147 Posts
On my wife's immi account, the "View health assessment" doesn't have anything stated next to it such as "approved". This was apparently what appeared on someone elses immi account in a previous comment on this thread. When we do press on the view health assessment link however, there is a paragraph stating that "Health Clearance Provided -No further action required". What does this mean? It was was in early July and no CO assigned. Applied for 820 Dec 2016.
Well I just checked my Mrs application and when you click on view health assessment, it has this written next to it: Health clearance provided - no action required.

I think whoever said that it had approved written next to it might be mistaken. Dunno.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,
I have applied for partner visa onshore 820 few days back .
I might have this silly question but can someone help me.
Can i withdraw my 820 application and file Visa 189 in that case will my fee will get refunded or is this even allowed to do.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
You wont get a refund, and I don't think you need to withdraw the 820 application (at least not until you had a 189 grant).

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi all, I got s56 email from the immi yesterday which asked for health check, police check and more evidence up till now. Just a bit unsure why, as I have submitted my police check to my agent on May (from my country and AFP), does that mean I need to do another one? and what is the difference between AFP and police clearance certificates? Because they asked for certificate too. About the evidence, I have been updating lately as we went oversea on April and bought a car couple months ago, should we ignore it because we have submitted the evidence or write them a letter saying about it? thanks, I'll be 18m tomorrow btw. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi all, I got s56 email from the immi yesterday which asked for health check, police check and more evidence up till now. Just a bit unsure why, as I have submitted my police check to my agent on May (from my country and AFP), does that mean I need to do another one? and what is the difference between AFP and police clearance certificates? Because they asked for certificate too. About the evidence, I have been updating lately as we went oversea on April and bought a car couple months ago, should we ignore it because we have submitted the evidence or write them a letter saying about it? thanks, I'll be 18m tomorrow btw. :)
Sounds like the generic letter. If you've submitted everything, and it's not out of date yet, then no need to re-supply it. Just write an email saying everything is uploaded and you feel you're decision ready.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
I have applied for partner visa onshore 820 few days back .
I might have this silly question but can someone help me.
Can i withdraw my 820 application and file Visa 189 in that case will my fee will get refunded or is this even allowed to do.

Cheers!!
They don't refund partner visa fee.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Little Peanut,

s56 is the email from your case officer, once you submit the required documents within 28 days then your assessment will be in progress. I received my grant 2.5 months after I got the s56 email, so not long for you to go.

See my timeline in my signature.

Good luck!

Gabby

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Little Peanut,

s56 is the email from your case officer, once you submit the required documents within 28 days then your assessment will be in progress. I received my grant 2.5 months after I got the s56 email, so not long for you to go.

See my timeline in my signature.

Good luck!

Gabby
Thanks Gabby, I hope so :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi MarcellusF

That's still better than nothing! so when did you apply? Thank you.

Since there hasn't seemed to be much action in this thread of late, I figured I'd share a minor development.

Just did my OCD morning ritual of logging into our immiaccount, and noticed with out even looking for it that next to my name (the sponsor) the word "approved" has appeared.

I honestly don't know how long it's been there to be perfectly honest, but I'm glad I noticed.

I know it's not much, but at the very least we can call it progress.

I don't know if this just happened randomly or if it's connected in any way to the email I sent the Perth office last week informing them of our imminent re-entry from Europe next week. Who knows? Not even worth contemplating the inner workings of this particular branch of federal bureaucracy. Will send me crosseyed no doubt.

4741 - 4760 of 6587 Posts