Australia Forum banner

5181 - 5200 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys,

see if anyone can help me with this?

My wife lodged 820 application May 2017 with police check for both of us. She is on BVA at the moment. Haven't heard anything since then.

just wondering we lodged May 2017 with police check report, since it only valid for 12 months. Will the immi office request a new police check again before she grants 820 visa? Its have been 10 months already.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
see if anyone can help me with this?

My wife lodged 820 application May 2017 with police check for both of us. She is on BVA at the moment. Haven't heard anything since then.

just wondering we lodged May 2017 with police check report, since it only valid for 12 months. Will the immi office request a new police check again before she grants 820 visa? Its have been 10 months already.

Hey, I can Tell you My story . I have front loaded My app with police Check from abroad. I am in My 13 th month Waiting . 2 weeks ago I had an email from department asking for more information. And all that They asked for was the AFP as I didn't have it added when I applied. They didn't ask to redo it my police checks and They were expired. Hope that helps. I don't know if They can turn back to me asking for more information to provide. I don't know How many times They can ask you to provide more information . They should Say it in the first place and ask everything that is missing from the File rather than keep on coming back for more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks mirand for sharing your experience.

Did you front load the medical? if not, have you been asked for to do it yet?
Yeah I did front loaded but They weren't expired at the time They asked for more info. I don't know if Now They Gonna give me a decision or They dragged the whole process and will ask later again. I thought after police Check and medical a decision will follow But not sure. Maybe someone else here can share their experience after submitting the requested documents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if anyone's 820 application is being processed in Suva?

I submitted my application on 22 September 2017 and got a request to submit my medical and background checks on 22 February from the Suva office. I just got my FBI background check this week and submitted the last of the documents on 21 March.

My application moved to Further Assessment on 22 March.

I've seen an influx of applications getting approved recently from overseas offices and was just wondering if anyone had approval come from Suva.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, just read it. says:

Please wait until your visa officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible.

so we got no options, just wait then.
Hi, just wondering if I understand this right:

the processing is only delayed if you use the My Health Declarations service - which is used by people who want to front load their medical.

If I have already applied for the visa and use the HAP number from the referral letter in my immi account all is fine. I can do the medical without the request from a CO.

Am I correct?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi, just wondering if I understand this right:

the processing is only delayed if you use the My Health Declarations service - which is used by people who want to front load their medical.

If I have already applied for the visa and use the HAP number from the referral letter in my immi account all is fine. I can do the medical without the request from a CO.

Am I correct?
Yes, you can do the medical if you so choose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks mirand for sharing your experience.

Did you front load the medical? if not, have you been asked for to do it yet?
hi Harry,

quick question. i have submitted my partner's onshore flike in july 2017. they requested more documents last month now it is in further assessment. but sponsor's application status was still showing as "Submitted". is is correct?

do you have same status for sponsor?

thank you
arpan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Arpan,

I am in a similar situation. I applied in January 2017. In November 2017 my partner received an email requesting Australian police checks, that we uploaded in the following weeks.

No further communication since that day and the application status is still submitted. In this forum, I saw people reporting the same story, so I guess this is correct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if anyone's 820 application is being processed in Suva?

I submitted my application on 22 September 2017 and got a request to submit my medical and background checks on 22 February from the Suva office. I just got my FBI background check this week and submitted the last of the documents on 21 March.

My application moved to Further Assessment on 22 March.

I've seen an influx of applications getting approved recently from overseas offices and was just wondering if anyone had approval come from Suva.

Thanks!
Well, my question just got answered! Not only did I get my 820 application approved today, I also got my 801!

I am totally in shock because at the time of our application, my partner and I had only been together 18 months. I completely expected to have to wait to apply for my 801.

My whole application only took 6 months to be approved - so unexpected :)

Timeline:
820 Application submitted: 22 September 2017
Further Info Requested: 22 February 2018
All documents submitted: 21 March 2018
820 and 801 Approved: 23 March 2018

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, my question just got answered! Not only did I get my 820 application approved today, I also got my 801!

I am totally in shock because at the time of our application, my partner and I had only been together 18 months. I completely expected to have to wait to apply for my 801.

Timeline:
hi Laur,

congratulations for visa. i have submitted all the documents on 21st march 2018 at Suva office. but no update yet.
hopefully i will get reply within week. as your status submitted for sponsor and changed after that.

thank you
A

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

Timeline:
That's interesting. So they waived the two year period when you didn't meet the requirements to do so, and not even close to it.

Sounds like you got lucky and someone is either new at their job or on the chopping block now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's interesting. So they waived the two year period when you didn't meet the requirements to do so, and not even close to it.

Sounds like you got lucky and someone is either new at their job or on the chopping block now!
Haha - I know...I'm not asking any questions! Just taking it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations Laur800,
i have received email requesting more documents from SUVA office and did the same submit all the required documents on 21st of March. hope i will get update soon. i applied flie in July, is it normal that sponsor's status is submitted and applicants status is further assessment.

thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
ohh ok. my flie is located and ask for medical and PCC from home country. submitted every documents they have requested. file status is further assessment but sponsor's file status is submitted from beginning.

thank you
arpan

·
Registered
242 Posts

Timeline:
Very strange, I've never heard of this happening before. Lucky for you, but it raises some questions about the qualifications of the office that processed your application. Are you sure it said nothing about submitting additional evidence two years after you initially submitted your 820/801 application? I know the fact that the 820 and 801 are applied for at the same time can confuse some people.

Regardless, I hope you and your partner have a happy time together in Oz!

ohh ok. my flie is located and ask for medical and PCC from home country. submitted every documents they have requested. file status is further assessment but sponsor's file status is submitted from beginning.

thank you
arpan
Edited to answer:

It's normal for your partner's to stay submitted. Many people's status' stay the same until their application has finished processing. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I m new and I wanna share my timeline as well & wait with you guys 🙂

Application submitted: 27 July 2017 de facto
Further Info requested: 24 Feb 2018 from Bangkok office. Docus requested including AFP check, police check from home country, health assessment etc.
Docus submitted: 12-15 Mar 2018 (not sure exactly date as our agent submit the docus for us)
No updates since then
We applied for BVB and going overseas for 10 days.. not sure will this affect processing time.

Btw congratulations laur800 🙂!!! Hopefully we will get some good news soon 🙂

·
Registered
1 Posts
My partner and I just received the good news today.

820 granted in 4 months!!!!! Record time.

Timeline:
820 Application submitted: 20 November 2017
Case officer assigned: 24 January 2018
All documents submitted: 20 February 2018
820 Approved: 23 March 2018

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Everyone!!!
I have finally received my grant for Visa 820 after 13 months of wait!!!
Processing office is in Victoria, where I live when I lodged the application.
I front-loaded everything when I applied in March 2017 and never been contacted. Applied onshore.
My status on Immi has never changed during this 13 months wait, always shown as RECEIVED.

5181 - 5200 of 6587 Posts