Australia Forum banner

5201 - 5220 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys,

Since i lodged 820 app May 2017, so far only received post lodgement email with BVA grant notice included.

do i have a case officer? has my file been assigned to any processing office yet?
or i just don't have one yet, till i receive the further notice/email?

Please help!!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi guys,

Since i lodged 820 app May 2017, so far only received post lodgement email with BVA grant notice included.

do i have a case officer? has my file been assigned to any processing office yet?
or i just don't have one yet, till i receive the further notice/email?

Please help!!
BVA grant is automatic. No way to tell when you have a CO. You find out when they email you, either requesting more info or with a grant notice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guys,

Just to check, I uploaded the Western Australia police checks back with my initial application in Sep 2017. in Feb 2018 I was assigned a CO and they requested the AFP Federal clearances as well as my home country checks (UK). I have only done this for myself as the applicant. Was I supposed to upload an AFP check for my partner (AUS Citizen) too? it didnt clearly state to do this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I guys,

Just to check, I uploaded the Western Australia police checks back with my initial application in Sep 2017. in Feb 2018 I was assigned a CO and they requested the AFP Federal clearances as well as my home country checks (UK). I have only done this for myself as the applicant. Was I supposed to upload an AFP check for my partner (AUS Citizen) too? it didnt clearly state to do this.
5 months only have already got case officer.

10 months waiting no updates yet.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I guys,

Technically the requirement is for applications after Nov 2017 to provide sponsor police checks (unless there is a minor child in the application), but a CO may still request them.

Just comply with the requested information from the CO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Newborn child while waiting for partner visa 820 to be approved

Hi! I am currently on Bridging Visa A, lodged my onshore Partner Visa last February. Just recently I gave birth to our child my husband is an Australian citizen. I need some advise on what to do next?
I read somewhere before that one should inform immigration about any changes, how should I inform them about the birth of our child?
Our child is an Australian citizen by birth is that right? Should I still include her in my visa application?
What are the things I need to do. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi! I am currently on Bridging Visa A, lodged my onshore Partner Visa last February. Just recently I gave birth to our child my husband is an Australian citizen. I need some advise on what to do next?
I read somewhere before that one should inform immigration about any changes, how should I inform them about the birth of our child?
Our child is an Australian citizen by birth is that right? Should I still include her in my visa application?
What are the things I need to do. Please advise. Thank you in advance.
Just upload the birth certificate to your immi account. The child does not get added to your application because it is already an Aussie citizen and therefore does not need a visa to migrate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi Harry,

what your application status says? does this say further assessment. how long ago you have submitted all the document requested?

thank you
A

·
Registered
17 Posts
My partner and I just received the good news today.

820 granted in 4 months!!!!! Record time.

Timeline:
820 Application submitted: 20 November 2017
Case officer assigned: 24 January 2018
All documents submitted: 20 February 2018
820 Approved: 23 March 2018
hi Yooki,

congratulations for visa. where your application was processed. my is in Suva australian high commission. submitted all the documents requested but no update so far. status changed to further assessment

thank you
A

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi Harry,

what your application status says? does this say further assessment. how long ago you have submitted all the document requested?

thank you
A
I lodged by post May 2017 for my wife with police check. Apart from Post lodgement email BVA included, no updates since then.

since i lodged by post, so i can't track anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys
Got my 820 grant today .
Thought I should share
My time line
Submitted 820 26 Aug 2016 - filled by my partner and I online
BVE grant 31 Aug 2016
Over stayed by 4 days over substantive period so had to fulfil schedule 3. Mark was my lawyer and did an amazing job
Notification for more documents (African police certificate and medicals)13 March 2018
Police record submitted on the 15th March 2018
Medicals done on the 22nd and completed on the 23rd March 2018
820 Grant -26th March 2018 - processes from Victoria .we are in Sydney.
19 months exactly
My partner and I are through the roof.
We prayed and hoped especially as we had schedule 3.

We plan on using Mark for 801

Am so happy I don’t know how to express myself

Many of you supported me and helped me with information
I can’t thank you enough

Good luck to everyone
Hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quick question, do you guys experienced phone calls from Immigration before granting 820? If They call, is their call marked as “no called id” So We can’t call back? I am thinking of anything. I put My AFP on Monday last week as They requested and on Friday someone called with “Unknown caller” and tried on Monday as well. I Upload more evidence in the meantime But no other call. These Waiting it kills you especially if u know u submitted What They asked for and Now you wait. Maybe there was some other sort of comercial calls. If They really try to call you and you are at work, wouldn’t be normal to notify you that they tried to call? Any answers from your experience will help

·
Registered
242 Posts
Quick question, do you guys experienced phone calls from Immigration before granting 820? If They call, is their call marked as "no called id" So We can't call back? I am thinking of anything. I put My AFP on Monday last week as They requested and on Friday someone called with "Unknown caller" and tried on Monday as well. I Upload more evidence in the meantime But no other call. These Waiting it kills you especially if u know u submitted What They asked for and Now you wait. Maybe there was some other sort of comercial calls. If They really try to call you and you are at work, wouldn't be normal to notify you that they tried to call? Any answers from your experience will help
From what I've read on here, all government calls (including those from immigration) show up as private. So, that very well could have been them who called. On the other hand, it may not have been. I wouldn't stress over it too much, especially if there haven't been anymore calls since then. I think they don't notify about the calls because they are supposed to catch you off guard. If IT IS immigration they may call when they know you or your partner will be less busy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
So we've applied for a partner visa 820 from the PMV. Been waiting 9 months now. Last night I emailed Home Affairs to ask where my visa is being processed and is the 'standard processing time' applicable to those that have applied from PMV. Got a canned response barely more than 12 hours later saying 'it's been processed in Australia' and 'standard processing times apply'. So I guess we dig in and keep waiting. Sucks, was really hoping we'd have it by now. Not concerned but it's always nice for peace of mind to not think have to think about it!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I never believe what they tell people. Someone else called about an 820 from 300 and was told they shouldn't wait as long because it's from a 300 and they pushed the app through.

Only a couple years ago it wasn't uncommon to get it within weeks which proves standard processing times didn't apply then.

It is unfortunate. Maybe use the online complaint system and question it?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I never believe what they tell people. Someone else called about an 820 from 300 and was told they shouldn't wait as long because it's from a 300 and they pushed the app through.

Only a couple years ago it wasn't uncommon to get it within weeks which proves standard processing times didn't apply then.

It is unfortunate. Maybe use the online complaint system and question it?
Thank you. I know someone that got theirs (300 to 820) just last year within 2 months. I only applied a month later so my expectations were high. It sucks to hear others getting 820 not from PMV in a much shorter time than us too!

I did actually write to them through the complaints form...maybe next time will try and email the partner visa processing centre and see if that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quick question, do you guys experienced phone calls from Immigration before granting 820? If They call, is their call marked as "no called id" So We can't call back? I am thinking of anything. I put My AFP on Monday last week as They requested and on Friday someone called with "Unknown caller" and tried on Monday as well. I Upload more evidence in the meantime But no other call. These Waiting it kills you especially if u know u submitted What They asked for and Now you wait. Maybe there was some other sort of comercial calls. If They really try to call you and you are at work, wouldn't be normal to notify you that they tried to call? Any answers from your experience will help
Hi similar has been happening to me . I was asked for medical and AFP, last week I got a call from a "no caller id " was weird first because it was a Saturday afternoon and secondly , it rang 4 times in a row. Due to my phone hacking victim issues in the past, I am always scared of taking these calls with no id.
Also, a couple of days ago, I got same pattern of call from a "no caller id". It's even weirder this time because my visa was granted on Monday and o got a call on Tuesday night - like 8-9pm (Mmhh wondered if they work at night and call at night too)
I tried to wake my partner up to Answer but even though the person called 4 times it was pretty quick.
Not sure this helps

5201 - 5220 of 6587 Posts