Australia Forum banner

5381 - 5400 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Didn't you get told to get out of town for a grant? or am I drunk and confused?

Your comment of no contact to say nothing is happening is very true.

You also know far more about the whole process than most and know "everything required" and we both know that takes far more than the average effort.

But shyt all that know how goes in hiding when you actually are doing your own applications - talk about mental blanks!
First time told to get out of town. Second time grant. And true on that... I remember how overwhelming the process was for the first application. Much easier from this side of the fence after 3 years of daily research!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you.

Oh yes of course! BVA it is. Thanks for the correction
hallo..
When the tourist visa is expired, the BVA will be automatically active, is that right ? We do not need to submit any form rite ?
We are now in same position. Hopefully we can hear good news soon :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
hallo..
When the tourist visa is expired, the BVA will be automatically active, is that right ? We do not need to submit any form rite ?
We are now in same position. Hopefully we can hear good news soon :)
Correct. When the stay period expires and you're still onshore, the BVA will go active. You can always check VEVO to be sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My partner got a phone call from the department yesterday, from a private number at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon which threw us off a bit. Anyway, the case officer just wanted to confirm the dates he lived in Canada for and then told him he needed a Canadian Police Check. He got his police check ages ago and we uploaded it onto my application which he explained to her and she was able to look on my application documents and see it. Then she verbally told him he's approved to be a sponsor but she has no idea how long it will take until my visa is assessed.

He just signed into his ImmiAccount and the status still says received. I'm guessing it will take a day or two to reflect the approval??

Will this case officer be the same one that assesses my application? Anyone have experiences on how long their visa took to be approved once their partner's sponsor application was approved?

Finally we are getting somewhere!!! We applied on 13 July 2017 and attached all police checks then as well. The only thing I haven't done is the medical but I will wait until they request it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum.

I wanted to know if any of you applied 820 being on 600 visitor/tourist visa? Apparently one can do that if there is no "no further stay" condition is in your visitor visa. But does it affect the evaluation process? Any successful visa grant story this way? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum.

I wanted to know if any of you applied 820 being on 600 visitor/tourist visa? Apparently one can do that if there is no "no further stay" condition is in your visitor visa. But does it affect the evaluation process? Any successful visa grant story this way? Thanks!
Yes as long as there is no NFS condition. People do it all the time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys,

How far into the actual “assessment” of the visa are the medical checks requested.

We’ve just been contacted by the department requesting these and no other information and are hoping to gauge what this means for the visa.

It’s been 50 weeks since application.

Cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey guys,

How far into the actual "assessment" of the visa are the medical checks requested.

We've just been contacted by the department requesting these and no other information and are hoping to gauge what this means for the visa.

It's been 50 weeks since application.

Cheers
There's no real clear answer on this especially given how some applications have been granted in a few months while others are taken the average 12 months +. There have been people asked for medicals one or two months in to their wait who ended up waiting a whole additional year, and others who've been asked towards the end of their wait and received their grant a few weeks after getting it done.

Best thing is to get the medicals done as soon as possible, and hope for the best. That being said, don't get your hopes up for an early grant too much :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi this is my first post here. Hope someone can give me some clarity on 820. apologies if the question has been asked previously as there are over 538 pages here on this thread

I am holding 189 visa and recently got married to an Indonesian lady of my dreams. we plan to file onshore application ( 820). we both right now are overseas and i havent moved to Australia yet after the grant ( 1st entry done). I have read a lot about "no Further Stay " conditions and or visa rejection for subclass 600. what is the possibility of tourist visa granted to my wife if i show myself her sponsor ( as in financial aspect) and writing a statement of purpose relating it to the fact that i am still working overseas and have not moved yet to Australia. so there is no reason for my wife to extending her stay beyond the duration mentioned in the visa application ( typical 2 weeks stay).

·
Registered
6 Posts
bridging for 18 months

Hi everyone,

I apologise in case this question has been asked before on here.
I am Italian, my defacto partner Australian and applied for 820/801 in December 2016.
We have now been waiting for nearly 18 months on BVA (applied for two BVB to travel), only time we heard from them was in July 2017 when they requested my partner's police checks and we got back to them within a couple of weeks. From that moment complete silence.

It is starting to be frustrating as we received a job offer overseas (for a job as managing couple for about one year) but can't make any plans as we don't know when the 820 is going to go through.
Is there anything we can do to get in touch with Immigration (email or call) and explain the situation and speed up the process? and hopefully get the visa granted...

Anybody been waiting so long without news?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
G'day Everyone,

I am in a similar boat to the question above.
- My partner (German) and I submitted our Visa 10/11/2017
- Got requested Medical and Aussie Police Check and then submitted them 20 days later on 22/04/2018. Immi account status changed to Further Assesment.
- It has now been 2 months since submitting medicals. Also, the processing time is no longer visible within Immi.
  1. Should we upload some more evidence (photos, bank statements), or will this just delay the processing?
  2. My partner wants to visit (will have to apply for BVB) Germany for 3 weeks to see her sick grandmother. Is this risky considering we are potentially close to getting an answer?

Thank you everyone!!

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi! I have a newborn baby, I haven't inform the department about this yet. My baby was born here in Australia and his father is an Australian citizen. Do I need to fill up the Form 1022 and add her in my application? Or just inform them about the baby but no longer to add since she's Australian citizen? What to do? Please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
G'day Everyone,

I am in a similar boat to the question above.
- My partner (German) and I submitted our Visa 10/11/2017
- Got requested Medical and Aussie Police Check and then submitted them 20 days later on 22/04/2018. Immi account status changed to Further Assesment.
- It has now been 2 months since submitting medicals. Also, the processing time is no longer visible within Immi.
  1. Should we upload some more evidence (photos, bank statements), or will this just delay the processing?
  2. My partner wants to visit (will have to apply for BVB) Germany for 3 weeks to see her sick grandmother. Is this risky considering we are potentially close to getting an answer?

Thank you everyone!!
There's no telling how close you guys are to getting a grant. Some people wait an extra few weeks after submitting medicals, others wait an additional year. How sick is your partner's grandmother? Whether she wants to visit is up to her as it won't affect the outcome of the visa (as long as you notify immigration of travel). If this is a situation where the grandmother's health might decline rapidly, you don't want your partner staying in Australia and regretting not visiting her, but as I mentioned that's up to you guys.

There also shouldn't be a problem uploading additional evidence, in many cases it helps move your visa along and proves you and your partner's continuing commitment toward each other. I've never heard any members state that uploading more evidence delayed processing.

Reactions: monoles

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi! I have a newborn baby, I haven't inform the department about this yet. My baby was born here in Australia and his father is an Australian citizen. Do I need to fill up the Form 1022 and add her in my application? Or just inform them about the baby but no longer to add since she's Australian citizen? What to do? Please help. Thank you.
First off, congrats! And no, your baby doesn't need to be added to the application as she is automatically an Aussie citizen (and therefore doesn't need the visa). Immigration does advise to still fill out the 1022 form. I'm assuming that they'll take the change in circumstance into consideration, but not add her to your application. Also, be sure to upload your baby's birth certificate to your application via immi for added proof of you and your partners relationship :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,

Some good news here - Our 820 has been granted after approximately 9 months of waiting. We were on PMV.

Applied 10 October 2017 and today had a grant on 23 June 2018.

More detail is in my signature, very happy! Good luck to everyone else waiting :)

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi everyone,

I apologise in case this question has been asked before on here.
I am Italian, my defacto partner Australian and applied for 820/801 in December 2016.
We have now been waiting for nearly 18 months on BVA (applied for two BVB to travel), only time we heard from them was in July 2017 when they requested my partner's police checks and we got back to them within a couple of weeks. From that moment complete silence.

It is starting to be frustrating as we received a job offer overseas (for a job as managing couple for about one year) but can't make any plans as we don't know when the 820 is going to go through.
Is there anything we can do to get in touch with Immigration (email or call) and explain the situation and speed up the process? and hopefully get the visa granted...

Anybody been waiting so long without news?

Thanks in advance
Don't upload anything unless requested. It's just more for your case officer to deal with.

We had our 820 granted approximately a month after we supplied our Police Checks and form 80, nothing was asked for.

if they need anything they will ask you for it. otherwise, just sit tight. It's on the way!

·
Registered
11 Posts
7/2013: arrived in Australia with 2 years student visa
11/2014: met my partner
3/2015: moved in with my partner
9/2015: finished my course and applied for 2 years post graduate working visa
4/2016: applied for 820, based on 1 year de-facto
9/2016: engaged with my partner
9/2017: working visa expired, BVA came into effect
10/2017: got married
4/2018: applied for BVB before travelling overseas with my partner, 820 granted instead
5/2018: 801 granted while we were travelling, without submitting forms and supporting documents for 801.

I was pretty confident that I would have got my 820 before my working visa expired (17 months waiting), but I waited almost 24 months. Then I was prepared to wait another 24 months for 801 and luckily it was granted straight away when fulfilled 2 years from the time I applied for 820.

I provided supporting documents every 6 months while waiting for 820. We have a joint account which both of our salaries are going in on weekly basis. All our daily expenses and saving are in our joint account. My partner is European background and was born in Australia. I’m from China. We have 13 years age difference. He had a 10 years relationship before me, but never married and no kids.

Hopefully my experience can give everyone still waiting some hope. As long as it’s continuing and genuine relationship it will all come to a good result. Be positive, hang in there, and good luck to all.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don't upload anything unless requested. It's just more for your case officer to deal with.

We had our 820 granted approximately a month after we supplied our Police Checks and form 80, nothing was asked for.

if they need anything they will ask you for it. otherwise, just sit tight. It's on the way!
As I mentioned before, I've never heard of any one waiting extra time by uploading "new" information. Perhaps if the information was in relation to the application (ie what was recommended to upload for the 820 itself), but new documents only work to continue supporting the couple's CURRENT relationship as of when the documents were uploaded. As long as the additional uploads are properly labeled and grouped there shouldn't be an issue. Many members upload new information as soon as every three months! I've even seen applications processed not long after new information was added, mine included.
I.e new (current) information isn't processed with information previously submitted with the 820.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Many people keep updating with the hopes that it will move the app along or just to update immigration with significant events in the relationship since applying. I've never seen proof that doing so either speeds up or slows down processing. They get to the app when they get to it.

But seeing how they make a decision based on what was supplied at time of application and time after applying doesn't count towards building evidence, there's not much of a point really.

Plenty of people don't upload extra evidence regularly while waiting and get their grants just the same.

5381 - 5400 of 6587 Posts