Australia Forum banner

5561 - 5580 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all!

New member here, with hopefully a quick question.

Applied for the Stage 1 Onshore Partnership visa in January 2018, and during the application process, I uploaded all my evidence as in the 'Other' category. At the time, no other categories were present and I was under the misconception that I had to upload it all at once.

Is this likely to impact the processing time of my application? Currently my Evidence list looks scarce because all my evidence is listed under the 'Other' category...

Health assessment has been finalised and the application is still currently 'Received'.

Also - after a quick read through I'm a little confused as to whether or not my partner (sponsor) needs to create an Immi Account for this? So far we have just uploaded the Sponsor Documents in the appropriate subheadings in the Attach Documents section.

Hope that made sense!

Gosh all this waiting certainly makes you overthink at times eh...

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all!

New member here, with hopefully a quick question.

Applied for the Stage 1 Onshore Partnership visa in January 2018, and during the application process, I uploaded all my evidence as in the 'Other' category. At the time, no other categories were present and I was under the misconception that I had to upload it all at once.

Is this likely to impact the processing time of my application? Currently my Evidence list looks scarce because all my evidence is listed under the 'Other' category...

Health assessment has been finalised and the application is still currently 'Received'.

Also - after a quick read through I'm a little confused as to whether or not my partner (sponsor) needs to create an Immi Account for this? So far we have just uploaded the Sponsor Documents in the appropriate subheadings in the Attach Documents section.

Hope that made sense!

Gosh all this waiting certainly makes you overthink at times eh...
Categories don't matter. If it's uploaded, they'll see it.

Sponsor needs to start a new application online and select the sponsorship for partner visa form (it is in the same family section you found your app in). Doesn't matter if they create their own account or use yours for this. This is all listed on the visa website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Categories don't matter. If it's uploaded, they'll see it.

Sponsor needs to start a new application online and select the sponsorship for partner visa form (it is in the same family section you found your app in). Doesn't matter if they create their own account or use yours for this. This is all listed on the visa website.
Cheers for the reply!

My partner has already completed the 40SP form and we have uploaded that to my application. I read a post earlier in this thread that mentioned a sponsor's application status compared to the applicant's status and just wanted to check there wasn't a separate Immi Account with application that needed to be created.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Cheers for the reply!

My partner has already completed the 40SP form and we have uploaded that to my application. I read a post earlier in this thread that mentioned a sponsor's application status compared to the applicant's status and just wanted to check there wasn't a separate Immi Account with application that needed to be created.
They get that status because they did the online sponsorship application I mentioned in my previous response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The wait is over! I got my 820 granted today, having submitted the requested documents last week friday. The 1st part is done and now waiting for the 2nd part. Goodluck to those who are still waiting. The good news is around the corner...
Keep believing.
That's great news, it came through so quickly in the end. I just got asked for my medical and police checks today so hopefully I am not long behind you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I applied for a 820 visa with my partner in December 2017. In April 2018 I was asked to provide a police certificate, which I did within the next couple of weeks. About a month after this my partner applied for a bridging visa B to travel home for a couple of weeks to visit family. The bridging B was granted for 6 months with multi-entry expiring in november. We havent heard anything from the government since then. I was wondering if applying for the bridging B visa places you on hold/makes your application take longer? we are travelling in december again so I was a bit worried this will push the visa processing time back even further. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
We got it!

Hi guys, we finally got our Partner Visa grant notice this morning, almost exactly 11 months after applying!

Thank you all for your help, it has been invaluable! I will be posting a thread with information about our case so I can hopefully give back some help to others.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I applied for a 820 visa with my partner in December 2017. In April 2018 I was asked to provide a police certificate, which I did within the next couple of weeks. About a month after this my partner applied for a bridging visa B to travel home for a couple of weeks to visit family. The bridging B was granted for 6 months with multi-entry expiring in november. We havent heard anything from the government since then. I was wondering if applying for the bridging B visa places you on hold/makes your application take longer? we are travelling in december again so I was a bit worried this will push the visa processing time back even further. Thanks!
Hi Jdant94, my partner was in a very similar situation (RE timelines and etc.). We applied Nov 2017, got a medical request in April 2018, heard nothing, then she applied for a BVB in July 2018 and that got approved for 3 months (meaning it expired today, 13th Oct). Still didn't hear anything until we got the Grant notice this morning :) :)
I don't think it puts it on hold, however, you probably won't get the partner visa grant until your BVB expires.
I am only guessing, but I would say in our case, our Case officer approved the visa while the BVB was still in effect, and so as soon as it expired (which was today), the Partner visa grant came into effect.

So, I wouldn't worry about the BVB putting it on hold. I think someone could still be looking at your case.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi Jdant94, my partner was in a very similar situation (RE timelines and etc.). We applied Nov 2017, got a medical request in April 2018, heard nothing, then she applied for a BVB in July 2018 and that got approved for 3 months (meaning it expired today, 13th Oct). Still didn't hear anything until we got the Grant notice this morning :) :)
I don't think it puts it on hold, however, you probably won't get the partner visa grant until your BVB expires.
I am only guessing, but I would say in our case, our Case officer approved the visa while the BVB was still in effect, and so as soon as it expired (which was today), the Partner visa grant came into effect.

So, I wouldn't worry about the BVB putting it on hold. I think someone could still be looking at your case.

I hope this helps!
A grant would automatically override it. An 820 isn't like a bridging visa so it doesn't wait in the background to go into effect. Once it's granted, it's granted. Also the BVB wouldn't have expired, only the travel facility ended. You would have noticed if you didn't get the 820 grant that VEVO would show you still on the BVB even after the travel facility ended.

Most likely just coincidence!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this happy news with you guys, after 15 months of wait my 820 visa is granted!

My timeline:
Applied: July 2017
Request for more information: Aug 2018
Uploaded everything: Sept 2018
Visa Granted: 15 Oct 2018

and I have attached my evidences list if you guys wanted to take a look for a references, and feel free to PM me if you want to ask about it!

https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/281917-820-visa-onshore-evidences-list.html

Thanks again everyone, this forum is super useful!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this happy news with you guys, after 15 months of wait my 820 visa is granted!

My timeline:
Applied: July 2017
Request for more information: Aug 2018
Uploaded everything: Sept 2018
Visa Granted: 15 Oct 2018

and I have attached my evidences list if you guys wanted to take a look for a references, and feel free to PM me if you want to ask about it!

https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/281917-820-visa-onshore-evidences-list.html

Thanks again everyone, this forum is super useful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A little help. New member here. We’ve applied for 820 last year. Sept 2017 and on March 2018 they requested additional info which I sent immediately.

Today, I received another email requesting another info but it was blank. There was a pdf, but the requesting info section was blank. They weren’t asking anything.

Has anyone experienced this? Should I just call immigration?

Help pleaseee.

Ta.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
A little help. New member here. We've applied for 820 last year. Sept 2017 and on March 2018 they requested additional info which I sent immediately.

Today, I received another email requesting another info but it was blank. There was a pdf, but the requesting info section was blank. They weren't asking anything.

Help pleaseee.

Ta.
I would start by logging into immi and checking the messages there within the application to see if something else is there. If that pdf is blank as well (or not there at all), then I would probably just upload it back into my immi account with a letter explaining it's been received but it was blank. I'd screenshot the upload screen showing it was uploaded as well and save for future reference if required. (If you haven't noticed by now, I like to leave a paper trail as proof should things go south in the future. I doubt I'd win in a their word against mine situation! So document everything ;) )

If you can see where it's being processed (so a footnote usually in the pdf or something in the email), you can try to email them and explain as well. You can call but as it's just a call centre and COs aren't waiting by idly to answer phone calls, I doubt you'd get very far. But I guess anything is worth a shot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A little help. New member here. We've applied for 820 last year. Sept 2017 and on March 2018 they requested additional info which I sent immediately.

Today, I received another email requesting another info but it was blank. There was a pdf, but the requesting info section was blank. They weren't asking anything.

Help pleaseee.

Ta.
I would start by logging into immi and checking the messages there within the application to see if something else is there. If that pdf is blank as well (or not there at all), then I would probably just upload it back into my immi account with a letter explaining it's been received but it was blank. I'd screenshot the upload screen showing it was uploaded as well and save for future reference if required. (If you haven't noticed by now, I like to leave a paper trail as proof should things go south in the future. I doubt I'd win in a their word against mine situation! So document everything
)

If you can see where it's being processed (so a footnote usually in the pdf or something in the email), you can try to email them and explain as well. You can call but as it's just a call centre and COs aren't waiting by idly to answer phone calls, I doubt you'd get very far. But I guess anything is worth a shot.
Thanks! I emailed them already. I just don't know what I'll do next because there's no upload button on my immi account. I'll try and call tmr and see what happens then.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I don't really know where it's appropriate to ask this and I haven't found anything helpful online, but do I need to contact home affairs if I'm travelling out of Australia for a holiday? I currently am on 820 visa, and already received an email from them telling me that I can submit the next stage application (even though it's still a month early for my eligibility date). I've tried calling their number but the options they provide don't match what I need at all. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I don't really know where it's appropriate to ask this and I haven't found anything helpful online, but do I need to contact home affairs if I'm travelling out of Australia for a holiday? I currently am on 820 visa, and already received an email from them telling me that I can submit the next stage application (even though it's still a month early for my eligibility date). I've tried calling their number but the options they provide don't match what I need at all. Thanks!
You might have a CO just send email or call the department they will guide you. What's your timeline with in how long did they grant you 820.

5561 - 5580 of 6576 Posts