Australia Forum banner

5581 - 5600 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
You might have a CO just send email or call the department they will guide you. What's your timeline with in how long did they grant you 820.
I applied for 820 back in 4 Nov 2016 and it was granted 14 Nov 2016.
I've never had any CO assigned to me that I know of, and calling 131881 doesn't really provide helpful options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Advice about BVB

Hi guys,

I am new here and I have a question!

Little back story, I have applied in January 2018 for my 820 and I have been with my partner for 4 years now.

I am travelling in the next week overseas and I have applied for a Bridging Visa B and got it.

Here is my situation:
I actually need to travel for 1 week for work in November which is fine because of my BVB.
I just received my email for my medical check and police check (whhich is great
So my question is, am I allowed to be overseas if my visa gets accepted considering I will be on my BVB?

I am also going home for Christmas and freaking out that my second BVB will be refused if my application is about to be processed!

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new here and I have a question!

Little back story, I have applied in January 2018 for my 820 and I have been with my partner for 4 years now.

I am travelling in the next week overseas and I have applied for a Bridging Visa B and got it.

Here is my situation:
I actually need to travel for 1 week for work in November which is fine because of my BVB.
I just received my email for my medical check and police check (whhich is great
So my question is, am I allowed to be overseas if my visa gets accepted considering I will be on my BVB?

I am also going home for Christmas and freaking out that my second BVB will be refused if my application is about to be processed!

Thanks for the help
They won't grant the 820 while you're outside Australia.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi, I don't really know where it's appropriate to ask this and I haven't found anything helpful online, but do I need to contact home affairs if I'm travelling out of Australia for a holiday? I currently am on 820 visa, and already received an email from them telling me that I can submit the next stage application (even though it's still a month early for my eligibility date). I've tried calling their number but the options they provide don't match what I need at all. Thanks!
If it's more than a couple weeks, just update your contact details in immi account. You can do that even after the 820 has been granted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I have got some serious issue in my current situation on 820 visa, I would like to know if anyone got the similar experience or any advice so I can have some peace in my mind please.

My sponsoring partner recently reported Immi our relationship breakdown after 20 months from the day of application submission. therefore I got email from immi to comment on this allegation. and I confirmed that we are no longer living together. but we have one child who is 17 months old together.

At this stage I am not sure what to expect from immi after my confirmation of separation. Since I was given 28 days to make a comment and I did reply back straight away without any delay and now I am not sure what will happen to me next from immi.

So does anyone have the similar situation or any real life experience of the same story as mine? do I have still chance to stay back in Australia through my son? if so then what do I need to get as an evidence to prove it to immigration? and when can I expect them to send me a letter next? would I be still eligible for 801?

My application period will be 2 years in the middle of December this year 2018 by the way. so I am not sure if I will get any refusal or grant notification from them after that period or period while our marriage is broken down?

I would really appreciate if anyone could share their knowledge or experience on this matter or any suggestion/advice so I can feel little settled.

Thank you for your time to read my issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Evening Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but today I received an E-Mail from my Case Office asking for my police clearances and medicals.
I've seen that a lot of people got their 820 approved quickly after submitting these documents and I'm just wondering if someone happens to know if this is still the case?
I've applied at the beginning on February 2018 and it would seem to good to be true :)

Thanks heaps!
Mila

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good Evening Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but today I received an E-Mail from my Case Office asking for my police clearances and medicals.
I've seen that a lot of people got their 820 approved quickly after submitting these documents and I'm just wondering if someone happens to know if this is still the case?
I've applied at the beginning on February 2018 and it would seem to good to be true :)

Thanks heaps!
Mila
We had to wait 6 months (April to October) after we got the medical requested before our visa got granted. I have read a lot of people get it much quicker after their medical, however, I think it totally depends on the CO's work schedule (and other things probably) :)

Reactions: blinkymila

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi guys,

I have got some serious issue in my current situation on 820 visa, I would like to know if anyone got the similar experience or any advice so I can have some peace in my mind please.

My sponsoring partner recently reported Immi our relationship breakdown after 20 months from the day of application submission. therefore I got email from immi to comment on this allegation. and I confirmed that we are no longer living together. but we have one child who is 17 months old together.

At this stage I am not sure what to expect from immi after my confirmation of separation. Since I was given 28 days to make a comment and I did reply back straight away without any delay and now I am not sure what will happen to me next from immi.

So does anyone have the similar situation or any real life experience of the same story as mine? do I have still chance to stay back in Australia through my son? if so then what do I need to get as an evidence to prove it to immigration? and when can I expect them to send me a letter next? would I be still eligible for 801?

My application period will be 2 years in the middle of December this year 2018 by the way. so I am not sure if I will get any refusal or grant notification from them after that period or period while our marriage is broken down?

I would really appreciate if anyone could share their knowledge or experience on this matter or any suggestion/advice so I can feel little settled.

Thank you for your time to read my issue.
Hi, I really understand your situation may be stressful but I think it's important to go to an immigration lawyer ASAP. Go to a very good one. For a good one, it will probably not be cheap as I know there are lot of foreign agents who are really dodgy. If you don't have much money, find one that does free consultations. Our agent (for my husband's visa) does free consultation and they are very knowledgable but we live in Brisbane. Not sure where you live but sure there will be one near you. Do not rely on advice from the internet forum or friends or family. For your situation you need a good lawyer ASAP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning everyone,

just wanted to share with you the great news - my partner has been granted 801 PR straight away (with 820 waiver).

It's been only 15 months of waiting...we've submitted our 820/801 application in June 2017 and haven't heard from immi till now when we received the grant letter.

We've been expecting that the process might take another 2-3 years, as my partner is from high risk country and we are in defacto relationship with no kids.

We followed the advices from this forum and have uploaded couple of more documents and updates to prove that our relationship is continuing...and also a letter with request for consideration of direct PR approval (based on the length of defacto relationship for more than 3 years) and Voila - it was worth it! :)

Thanks for all your tips and help and good luck to everyone waiting!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi im new

Hi guys im new here

I'm on my student visa at the moment
me and my partner on the process for a partner visa. i have several questions to be answered on this forum hopefully someone can help me out :)

1. I have filled on my character from where I've been for the past couple of years, and I got the stamp on my old passport, the thing is should I scan and printed on the stamp area and get it to certify on jp?

2. I have a side job as a freelancer, should i put it on my job description on the character sheet?

3. we have a lot of photos together, like should we certify it with JP as well? like printing it out, certify with jp and scan it again to be sumited?

Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,

Today I finally got my partner visa 820 granted.

I still can't believe it and I wish same happen to all of you who keep waiting. I never got contacted by immigration and the status always has been as a submitted. In this 18 months of wait I only upload 3 joint bank account statements, twice some pictures with my partner, and a letter from my partner explaining how was our holidays in bali in April 2018...,

Applied for 820: 11 April 2017
Submitted Spanish Police Checks: 11 April 2017
Submitted Medicals: 11 Apr 2018
CO contact: 10 Oct 2018 Request for AFP checks
Submitted Requested Docs: 18 Oct 2018
820 Visa Grant: 22 Oct 2018
801 Visa Grant: Will apply 11 April 2019

Good luck to everyone :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our Partner Visa 820 was granted yesterday. We only applied in May 2018 and very surprised by how quick it came through! Good luck to those who are waiting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, onshore 820/801 first stage lodged May 2018. Last week received request for me as sponsor for police checks, and was requested Penal Waiver forms as I could not obtain those for a certain country which I submitted the same day (questionnaire and further evidence). Does anyone know how long before I receive a response? Seems like usually this is an indication of a grant being near to be granted, and I note some who had Police Clearance certificates submitted those and they had a grant the same day, next day or within 2 weeks.

RFI was 28 days and I am a bit worried this will delay the process considerably or cause more problems.

Has anyone else been through this that can shed some light to calm my nerves?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear All

Any one has some info on how long it took between this generic mail to an 820 grant?

"We are writing to inform you that your application for a Partner visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks."

·
Registered
29 Posts
does anyone know if it matters if the RRV of the sponsor has expired while an 820 application is in progress? both applicant and sponsor are onshore. does it delay the processing of the 820? is it advisable for the sponsor to renew the RRV and provide updated details in the applicant's account via immiaccount?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
does anyone know if it matters if the RRV of the sponsor has expired while an 820 application is in progress? both applicant and sponsor are onshore. does it delay the processing of the 820? is it advisable for the sponsor to renew the RRV and provide updated details in the applicant's account via immiaccount?
No. Permanent residency is permanent, the RRV is just so a PR holder can travel and reenter Australia. Two different things. The requirement is to be a permanent resident, not a permanent resident with an active RRV. It's irrelevant in your case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all-

Question. I just received an email requesting I complete my medical check and provide the AFP check for both myself and my partner. I have applied for the AFP check and will do the medical check On Friday. The letter stated they need a response in 28 days.

The timing could not be worse. I am about to leave the country for two weeks with my partner on a long planned trip. I assume the health assessment will come back befor we leave, but I am not confident that the AFP check will come in the mail before we depart.

Is there a way to let the department know that I have done what I can but that I will be out of the country and may not make that 28 days date? If the AFP check doesn’t arrive before I leave - we won’t be able to check the mail until we return. So I won’t be able to scan it in and upload until after the 28 days.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all-

Question. I just received an email requesting I complete my medical check and provide the AFP check for both myself and my partner. I have applied for the AFP check and will do the medical check On Friday. The letter stated they need a response in 28 days.

The timing could not be worse. I am about to leave the country for two weeks with my partner on a long planned trip. I assume the health assessment will come back befor we leave, but I am not confident that the AFP check will come in the mail before we depart.

Is there a way to let the department know that I have done what I can but that I will be out of the country and may not make that 28 days date? If the AFP check doesn't arrive before I leave - we won't be able to check the mail until we return. So I won't be able to scan it in and upload until after the 28 days.
Just upload the confirmation/receipt showing you ordered it, then upload it when you get back if it doesn't arrive in time.

I ordered the AFP a few weeks ago and got it within a few days.

5581 - 5600 of 6587 Posts