Australia Forum banner

5681 - 5700 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wife whos German just had her 820 granted this arvo (coming from PMV 300). Good times.

PMV 300 applied: 29/10/17
PMV 300 granted: 06/01/18

820 applied: 06/09/18
PCC request: 11/01/19

820 granted: 23/02/19 (today).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wife whos German just had her 820 granted this arvo (coming from PMV 300). Good times.

Did you mean 13/02/19?
If so, that was fast! My wife and I applied for her 820 visa (coming from PMV 300 too) on 25/08/2018 (two weeks before you) and it's still in progress (status: Received)...

·
Registered
345 Posts

Did you mean 13/02/19?
If so, that was fast! My wife and I applied for her 820 visa (coming from PMV 300 too) on 25/08/2018 (two weeks before you) and it's still in progress (status: Received)...
Oops - yeah did mean the 13th, not the 23rd haha.

Hopefully yours comes through soon too. Good luck.

Remember a couple of years back when 820s coming from the PMV would only take about a week!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good news after 4 months we have a request for more info.
Partners AFP Clearance & proof sponsor (me) is an Australian Citizen.
Question do I just re upload my Birth Certificate & Passport in my partners application once we have the police clearance back? They were both uploaded in my sponsor application.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question do I just re upload my Birth Certificate & Passport in my partners application once we have the police clearance back? They were both uploaded in my sponsor application.
Hey can you please provide your timeline? Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey can you please provide your timeline? Thanks!
Timeline
PMV applied 14/12/17
PMV granted 7/2/18
820/801 applied 12/10/18
Request more info 18/2/19

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. So finally my 2 years is up and need to submit my evidence for my 801. Just wondering if I can get my parents (British) to do an 888?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hazzeled, if your parents are permanent residents of Australia, they can do 888. If not, they can still make a statement for social evidence but it will not be officially the 888 form. 888 form must be provided by Australian permanent residents or Australian citizens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, im new to this forum and was just curious if anyone had a similar prcessing time as my giance and I.

Submitted February 2018
I (sponsor) was asked for my police checks in July 2018
My fiance just received an email that it is in the prcessing stage.
Waiting to be asked for police checks and medicals.

Anyone in a similar timeline?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, im new to this forum and was just curious if anyone had a similar prcessing time as my giance and I.

Submitted February 2018
I (sponsor) was asked for my police checks in July 2018
My fiance just received an email that it is in the prcessing stage.
Waiting to be asked for police checks and medicals.

Anyone in a similar timeline?

Thanks
Hi I have a similar time line.

I applied in March 2018 and my partner (sponsor) was asked for police checks in July 2018. I haven't heard anything else from them since

·
Registered
107 Posts
Husbands 820 Visa GRANTED today :) :) :)

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Husbands 820 Visa GRANTED today
That's a very quick turnaround, congrats!
Which office did you get the approval from? I ask this question because nowadays it looks like even though we're onshore applications are being assessed anywhere in the globe.

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's a very quick turnaround, congrats!
Which office did you get the approval from? I ask this question because nowadays it looks like even though we're onshore applications are being assessed anywhere in the globe.

Thanks!
We came from a PMV so nearly 5 months from application, a lot slower than it used to be for PMV holders. Not that it really made any difference to us. We got a home loan while on bridging visa & hubby has been employed since a week after he arrived in Oz.

820 was processed in WA.
Now the long wait continues until we can apply for 801.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone,

You can see my timeline in my signiture. I am writing because quite frankly just need to vent. Background is that I have emailed and called Immigration 6 times in the last 3 months to check on an update of our application because we have heard absolutely nothing and we lodge in April 2017. It is a Partner visa and we registered our relationship because we were hoping to be granted the stage 1 801 visa a year ago. We have been holding off getting married until we got the PR because I assume if we got married things may change with the visa process and we didn't want to add on any further delay.

My question is now, has anyone got married after they have submitted the 820 and what happens? what do you have to do?
We applied online ourselves.

We have uploaded everything and keep adding evidence and still haven't been granted the 801. The consultant at Immigration said there's nothing that can be done unless it was 4 yrs after application submission which I feel is just ludicrous. I know the global wait time is 21 - 26 months for Partner Visa, but shorter for PMV.
What are your suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks for allowing me to vent if you read this far. :D

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
My question is now, has anyone got married after they have submitted the 820 and what happens? what do you have to do?
Some people have and they just upload the marriage certificate and wedding photos if applicable.

It is extra relationship proof and might speed up the process.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After AAT win

Hi All

would anyone have any idea how long does it take for the visa grant (820) after the AAT remits back the application?

If anyone has been in the same situation?

many thanks
Sebs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi can you explain what AAT remit means pls
Thanks for response RezaKarn. I appealed to AAT and I won the appeal. So the tribunal has sent back the application to Immigration for reconsideration. So I am just wondering how long before I hear anything from immigration?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello,
I applied Feb 21 2018, had request for medical and overseas police checks Dec 28th 2018. Had everything uploaded by January 28th 2019.
Still haven't heard anything beside the generic processing email everyone seemed to have received. Hoping something happens soon as people have mentioned medical request can be a sign you are near the end.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone noticed this year has started very slow? I have not seen many visas being granted. :(

I applied March/2018 and up until now only received a request for sponsor's police check in September, then nothing else.

5681 - 5700 of 6587 Posts