Australia Forum banner

5841 - 5860 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow congrats Catlady!! I am also Singapore Citizen and my Husband is Australian Citizen. We are legally married and our traditional wedding will be end August. I am planning to apply for the partner visa onshore in Australia in Sept 2019. What visa should I be on prior to applying for the 820-801 Partner visa? I will be moving from Singapore to Australia and have been reading how I should not be on tourist visa etc. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton😊🙏🏻

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! Any chance that I have the visa granted during one of my entries into Australia?. Do you think is a good idea to update my address every time I Enter de country? Or more likely than they wait until my BVB expires to grant the 820? It’s a 7 months length BVB, already upload medical assessment and police checks. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know how long you have to apply and conplete your medical after it is requested by immigration? I got the email today requesting me to do my medical but I am on holidays right now and not back for another 2 weeks. Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone know how long you have to apply and conplete your medical after it is requested by immigration? I got the email today requesting me to do my medical but I am on holidays right now and not back for another 2 weeks. Thanks
You can provide it when you get back ..

The sooner the better. I reckon book a date for your medicals as the date of the medical varies depending which state you are in.

Reactions: TheBerraLad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

Quick question: my partner and I have been together for 6 years of which 2.5 years was in Australia. Since Jan 2017 we've been living together in Australia and applied for partner visa Oct 2017. We're in 23rd month but had 0 communication from immigration. No requests at all. Our agent uploads stuff regularly with medicals and police checks and proofs; but there has been no response. Is this a good thing?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hi everyone,

Quick question: my partner and I have been together for 6 years of which 2.5 years was in Australia. Since Jan 2017 we've been living together in Australia and applied for partner visa Oct 2017. We're in 23rd month but had 0 communication from immigration. No requests at all. Our agent uploads stuff regularly with medicals and police checks and proofs; but there has been no response. Is this a good thing?
The 3 subclass 820 visa applications that I have seen applied for in Oct 2017 were all granted in 2018, March, September and December. Between 4.5 and 14.1 months processing time.

I saw another, applied for in June 2017 and granted in May 2019. That one is similar to yours, in time frame, so far.

However, I would have thought that being together for 6 years would be faster. What country is the applicant from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 3 subclass 820 visa applications that I have seen applied for in Oct 2017 were all granted in 2018, March, September and December. Between 4.5 and 14.1 months processing time.

I saw another, applied for in June 2017 and granted in May 2019. That one is similar to yours, in time frame, so far.

However, I would have thought that being together for 6 years would be faster. What country is the applicant from?
Thank you so much for this.
We are both from Turkey; same sex couple here. It seemed strange with no communication and we were starting to get worried. He's on BVE currently and can't travel outside AU.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,

Quick question: my partner and I have been together for 6 years of which 2.5 years was in Australia. Since Jan 2017 we've been living together in Australia and applied for partner visa Oct 2017. We're in 23rd month but had 0 communication from immigration. No requests at all. Our agent uploads
stuff regularly with medicals and police checks and proofs; but there has been no response. Is this a good thing?
I applied in December 2017 and have heard very little from immigration also. Just requests for medical and police check. Not sure what is going on. I am from Ireland and my partner is Australian. We have been together for 4 years, lived together since January 2017.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I applied in December 2017 and have heard very little from immigration also. Just requests for medical and police check. Not sure what is going on. I am from Ireland and my partner is Australian. We have been together for 4 years, lived together since January 2017.
Is your application decision ready? when did you get request for checks?

·
Registered
322 Posts
but if they have asked for medical it means that you are home and dry
for sure unless you failed the police check . may I ask if you did everything
online with no contact with embassy as I think is the case now but not when my ex wife did application in 2014 ? getting a bit old but I will have to go through the awful process again in due course with my new partner ! ( smile )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,

We just submitted and paid for our PMV 820 application and we are now on the process of submitting documents and evidences, my question is do they have time limit for this?

Thanks for your answers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Everyone,

We just submitted and paid for our PMV 820 application and we are now on the process of submitting documents and evidences, my question is do they have time limit for this?

Thanks for your answers.
There is no time limit.
If you have all the documents upload them as this will be in your favour.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,

My wife will be coming to Australia on a visitor visa (600) soon and we are planning to apply for 820. Can someone please answer to my following questions?

1) Does she need to have her own immi account and apply for it herself? if yes, does she need to select the "Stage 1 - Partner or prospective Marriage visa (300, 309/100, 820, 801)" under the "Family" new application and proceed?

2) On immi account, when starting a new application, I also see an option under Family "Sponsorship for a partner to Migrate to Australia (300, 309/100, 820, 801)". Does that mean I also need to do something on my part? If yes, what is this process and when do I need to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I just want to ask if applying for 820 and being granted with BVA give me the right to apply for medicare? I'm quite confused. Has anyone here applied for medicare after submitting/paying their partner 820 visa application? Any advice or pointers on how you did it will be very much appreciated ☺😊 thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi, I just want to ask if applying for 820 and being granted with BVA give me the right to apply for medicare? I'm quite confused. Has anyone here applied for medicare after submitting/paying their partner 820 visa application? Any advice or pointers on how you did it will be very much appreciated ☺😊 thanks.
Yes you are eligible for medicare.. You will need the acknowledgement letter of the 820/801 application and passport .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i am new.. and immi requested for police check and health check.

I have lodged application last year May 2018.

Do you think its a good thing? If i dont get any respond from immi after I submit all document they asked.. should i keep upload new evidences or should i wait?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is your application decision ready? when did you get request for checks?
Yeah we pretty much sent everything required when we lodged the application in 2017. I have more up to date evidence gathered If they request it. We are using an immigration agent and she has looked over everyyhing and thinks we have a good solid case. I got the request for police checks about 6 months ago, and got the request for my medical just over a week ago. I have booked my medical for next week.

5841 - 5860 of 6587 Posts