Australia Forum banner

5921 - 5940 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guys I'm new here and hopefully I can get some help.
I submitted my 820/801 application in the March 2017 and uptill now no one has reach out to me from h o me affairs not even to provide medical. I'm thinking to contact them but just wanna if anyone is in the same boat as me and what can I do.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I submitted my 820/801 application in the March 2017 and uptill now no one has reach out to me from h o me affairs not even to provide medical. I'm thinking to contact them but just wanna if anyone is in the same boat as me and what can I do.
Thanks.
Hi kay234, i'm also the same as yours, I applied since Dec 2018 but no one reach us yet. All we have done was medical but i assumed that medical was auto from the immi account.

We are still waiting atm, I suggest you complete and keep updating all the document that need to be provided.

hope my situation also gives you some peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks.
You can send an enquiry, or even file a complaint as you are past the time frame for processing. If I were you, I'd just go do your medical, upload anything else that may still be required (police checks) and I'd upload new evidences showing you're still in an ongoing, long term relationship. That way, you may get both the 820 and the 801 granted to you at the same time. Ultimately, that would be the best outcome, as you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Onshore 820 granted today

- Lodged May 2018 (decision ready)
- RFI sponsor for police checks Oct 2018
- RFI September 2019 by CO for new AFP National Police Check

Granted same day as uploading in IMMI

We uploaded new evidence monthly, we are very excited we are done with the first stage, now look forward to the eligibility date

·
Registered
215 Posts

We uploaded new evidence monthly, we are very excited we are done with the first stage, now look forward to the eligibility date
Congratulations!

Did you submit medicals with the application? Did sponsor/applicant had interviews?
Thanks, SLB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question regarding the application and evidence...

My partner and I who are in the process of organizing everything have written several page long testimonies on the different categories required i.e. social aspect, financial, commitment, development. I was going to upload these as evidence.
Now im currently going through the actual 820 application and near the end it has the boxes to submit up to 2,000 words for each of the categories i mentioned above.

Should I upload these documents (copy and paste) into these boxes or best to briefly summarize in the application and upload the full document as a separate document for evidence upload? Or something else?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have almost the same timeline as you (decision ready in April 2018) and was asked for a new AFP National Police check mid August. Uploaded it a week later. Nothing since...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Question regarding the application and evidence...

My partner and I who are in the process of organizing everything have written several page long testimonies on the different categories required i.e. social aspect, financial, commitment, development. I was going to upload these as evidence.
Now im currently going through the actual 820 application and near the end it has the boxes to submit up to 2,000 words for each of the categories i mentioned above.

Should I upload these documents (copy and paste) into these boxes or best to briefly summarize in the application and upload the full document as a separate document for evidence upload? Or something else?

Many thanks in advance
You can just put "Refer to relationship statements" or whatever you've titled the files. Or, you can copy and paste as you stated. It's up to you. I've seen both done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Applied end of May 2018 for 820 and it was granted a few days ago.
-Absolutely nothing happened to my decision ready application until I applied for a BVB a 3 months ago
-A few days after applying for BVB they requested a new police check because it was older than a year, uploaded it as soon as it was in the mail
-While out of the country I received an email asking when I'm coming back to Australia as my application might be ready to decide on
-5h after arriving I got the grant letter

Side notes:
-no agent used
-uploaded an update with evidence once last year September

Now waiting for May 2020 to apply for 801.
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Applied end of May 2018 for 820 and it was granted a few days ago.
-Absolutely nothing happened to my decision ready application until I applied for a BVB a 3 months ago
-A few days after applying for BVB they requested a new police check because it was older than a year, uploaded it as soon as it was in the mail
-While out of the country I received an email asking when I'm coming back to Australia as my application might be ready to decide on
-5h after arriving I got the grant letter

Side notes:
-no agent used
-uploaded an update with evidence once last year September

Now waiting for May 2020 to apply for 801.
Cheers
Hi Miner, Congratulations to you on getting the 820. If you don't mind, can I ask when did you apply for BVB. I am on a similar timeline and on my way to sign up a short term project (3 month) overseas. And unfortunately I wont able to travel in-between.
Thanks Vince

·
Registered
19 Posts
I applied for the BVB end of May 2019 with a two week trip in mind in August but it was granted as a multiple entry visa valid for one year.
Confirmation for the BVB came 3 days after application and payment was done.

Good luck with your 820.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I applied for the BVB end of May 2019 with a two week trip in mind in August but it was granted as a multiple entry visa valid for one year.
Confirmation for the BVB came 3 days after application and payment was done.

Good luck with your 820.
Thanks a lot Miner!

Apologies, I missed to ask this question previously.

Did you have to provide them the flight tickets while applying for BVB?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No worries.
I didn't provide anything for the application because we didn't book our tickets at this stage. I just wrote "holidays" in the field and the proposed dates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some reassurance.

My partner is Australian, I'm Swiss. We applied for the 820 end of March 2018. We submitted a very thorough application including police checks and I've also done my health check a few months after applying.

I've received a s56 request for further information on 19 August. The letter acknowledged that I had previously submitted a AFP police check but asked me to provide another one as it had since expired. I uploaded a new AFP police check on 27 August in the same category as the previous character documents. I've been waiting ever since.

I've read that many people got their grants almost immediately after uploading additional police checks – the fact that I haven't been granted mine as well makes me rather nervous. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some reassurance.

My partner is Australian, I'm Swiss. We applied for the 820 end of March 2018. We submitted a very thorough application including police checks and I've also done my health check a few months after applying.

I've received a s56 request for further information on 19 August. The letter acknowledged that I had previously submitted a AFP police check but asked me to provide another one as it had since expired. I uploaded a new AFP police check on 27 August in the same category as the previous character documents. I've been waiting ever since.

I've read that many people got their grants almost immediately after uploading additional police checks - the fact that I haven't been granted mine as well makes me rather nervous. Has anyone else experienced this?
I just noticed that button at the very bottom - the one saying 'I confirm I have provided information as requested'... I'm such an idiot that I haven't seen this before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was lucky in that I had a case officer who gave me their direct number who requested me to call once I uploaded police checks. I called and was granted within minutes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have been stalking this thread and it has helped me greatly with my application! Thank you everyone!

I now have the 820 grant after 11 months of waiting 🙂
Just curious, now on my 801 process ongoing, do I have to do anything else other than uploading more evidence on my immi account? Or do I have to do another application? If someone can clarify this for me it would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have been stalking this thread and it has helped me greatly with my application! Thank you everyone!

I now have the 820 grant after 11 months of waiting 🙂
Just curious, now on my 801 process ongoing, do I have to do anything else other than uploading more evidence on my immi account? Or do I have to do another application? If someone can clarify this for me it would be much appreciated!
Hey ,

You will need to apply for the 801 visa
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...isting/partner-onshore/permanent-801#Overview

Meet relationship requirements
You must still be in a relationship with your spouse or de facto partner.

See the subclass 820 visa for more information on married and de facto applicants.

You must usually continue to be sponsored.

You might still be eligible for the permanent visa if your relationship breaks down or if your sponsor dies after we haved granted the temporary visa but while we are still considering the permanent visa.

Hope this helps

5921 - 5940 of 6576 Posts