Australia Forum banner

5941 - 5960 of 6629 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have been stalking this thread and it has helped me greatly with my application! Thank you everyone!

I now have the 820 grant after 11 months of waiting 🙂
Just curious, now on my 801 process ongoing, do I have to do anything else other than uploading more evidence on my immi account? Or do I have to do another application? If someone can clarify this for me it would be much appreciated!
Nothing until 23 or 24 months after the date you submitted the 820.

The 801 will be reviewed at some point 24 months after that date. What date did you submit the 820?

Part of the 801 is similar to the 820, but no extra payment, and just for the applicant. We uploaded evidences covering the period from the date of the last uploads for the 820.

We uploaded things about 27 months after the 820 application. Some people did it at 23 months, others later, some do it 30+ months after.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have been stalking this thread and it has helped me greatly with my application! Thank you everyone!

Just curious, now on my 801 process ongoing, do I have to do anything else other than uploading more evidence on my immi account? Or do I have to do another application? If someone can clarify this for me it would be much appreciated!
Hey ,

You will need to apply for the 801 visa
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...isting/partner-onshore/permanent-801#Overview

Meet relationship requirements
You must still be in a relationship with your spouse or de facto partner.

See the subclass 820 visa for more information on married and de facto applicants.

You must usually continue to be sponsored.

You might still be eligible for the permanent visa if your relationship breaks down or if your sponsor dies after we haved granted the temporary visa but while we are still considering the permanent visa.

Hope this helps
Ah okay thanks! That makes perfect sense.

Okay and so another thing that I need to clarify, is there any given timeframe as to when I need to create the 801 application after my 820 is approved?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone!

Nothing until 23 or 24 months after the date you submitted the 820.

The 801 will be reviewed at some point 24 months after that date. What date did you submit the 820?

Part of the 801 is similar to the 820, but no extra payment, and just for the applicant. We uploaded evidences covering the period from the date of the last uploads for the 820.

We uploaded things about 27 months after the 820 application. Some people did it at 23 months, others later, some do it 30+ months after.
Hi! Thank you! I applied last November 2018. Okay so it is a separate application, that's what I was confused about... I was thinking that I'm just supposed to continue my 820 application where I will just be adding more evidence in our relationship.. silly me.
Also, do I specifically have to apply after two years of which I initially applied the visa? Or can I apply as soon as I am able? Thank you so much!

Appreciate the help

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hi! Thank you! I applied last November 2018. Okay so it is a separate application, that's what I was confused about... I was thinking that I'm just supposed to continue my 820 application where I will just be adding more evidence in our relationship.. silly me.
Also, do I specifically have to apply after two years of which I initially applied the visa? Or can I apply as soon as I am able? Thank you so much!

Appreciate the help
You do it in the original immi account.

You will need to select the option marked "Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801), and proceed from there.

How To Apply for 2nd Stage Partner Visa

You can actually begin one month before that 24 month date, but it probably won't get looked at until the actual eligibility date, or later.

Try too early and you get stopped.

You can begin in October 2020, and it will be looked at from November 2020.

You need current evidences, at the 24 month mark, so applying too early, would mean evidences not being current.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been granted my 820 and 801! My husband and I have been together for 14 years, married for 12 years and have 2 children together, so I would have been extremely surprised if I didn't get it! It was just a lot quicker than I expected, and I got both granted on the same day! I was told by a friend that would probably happen due to the length of our relationship, but I wasn't getting my hopes up on it happening that way.
I thought I'd add my timeline to the mix.
12 June 2018 - Application submitted
10 December 2018 - Request for husband to submit police certificates
15 January 2019 - Submitted
5 June 2019 - Request me to resubmit police certificates (first submitted almost a year ago)
3 July 2019 - Submitted
13 September 2019 - Request for "Consent to Disclosure Form" for NZ police certificate clarification (to double check any spent convictions)
14 September 2019 - Form returned
18 September 2019 - 801 and 820 visas granted

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello everyone!

Can I ask about your timeline for the 820 and more details? Where are you from? Did you have any further requests or was the case all frontloaded from the beginning. You are the first 820 grant I have seen from Nov 2018. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone!

Can I ask about your timeline for the 820 and more details? Where are you from? Did you have any further requests or was the case all frontloaded from the beginning. You are the first 820 grant I have seen from Nov 2018. Thanks!
Hello! I just realized I wrote November on one of my post instead of October (I must be half asleep when I typed that oops! )

I am from the Philippines and met my partner back in 2016. Travelled to Aus as a tourist to visit family and we started our relationship end of December 2016. I had to go back because of work but before I left we registered our relationship. My partner have travelled back and forth within 2017 to spend more time with me, and meet the rest of my family. I returned back to Aus on May 2018 on a tourist visa, we didn't want to be apart again so before my visa expired, we both decided to risk and apply for the partner visa.

I applied October 2018. Did not do my medicals till January 2019. And was requested AFP check August 2019. I received a grant on the 20th of September.

What I provided:

EVIDENCE OF LIVING TOGETHER:

1.)Joint lease from May 2018 to present.
2.)Joint Bank Account Statements
January 2019-August 2019
3.)Relationship Certificate
4.) Receipt of Vehicle purchased both under our names.
5.)Utility and Phone Bills under our names.
6.) Photos of our rented house.

EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:

1.)Screenshots of Facebook page
relationship started to current.
2.)Screenshots of messages while apart.
3.)Airline Tickets of me and my partner's travel together.
4.)His and my personal statement about relationship.
5.)Our two daschunds proof of ownership both under our names
6.) Photos together with family and friends in word format with descriptions.

The only thing I did not provide were the 888 and form 80 as I thought they will request it only when needed. No agent was used during the process, we did all paperwork ourselves 😊

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Appreciate the help
You do it in the original immi account.

You will need to select the option marked "Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801), and proceed from there.

How To Apply for 2nd Stage Partner Visa

You can actually begin one month before that 24 month date, but it probably won't get looked at until the actual eligibility date, or later.

Try too early and you get stopped.

You can begin in October 2020, and it will be looked at from November 2020.

You need current evidences, at the 24 month mark, so applying too early, would mean evidences not being current.
Thank you so much for all your help 😊

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

Quick question: my partner and I have been together for 6 years of which 2.5 years was in Australia. Since Jan 2017 we've been living together in Australia and applied for partner visa Oct 2017. We're in 23rd month but had 0 communication from immigration. No requests at all. Our agent uploads stuff regularly with medicals and police checks and proofs; but there has been no response. Is this a good thing?
Hello everyone,

We got 820 & 801 together today. So happy!. I guess no communication from immigration is a good thing. I wish everyone speedy grants. Cheers!..

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hello everyone,

We got 820 & 801 together today. So happy!. I guess no communication from immigration is a good thing. I wish everyone speedy grants. Cheers!..
Congratulations. No communication means you must have submitted everything they needed, to finalise without any requests.

24 months from first application to PR is pretty good.

What nationality ?

Reactions: jpio25

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I have been following the forum for a year now and really appreciate all the valuable inputs shared by the members. These inputs have helped me prepare my application throughout the process.

I need some guidance regarding the AFP. Department of home affairs has contacted me to provide a new, latest AFP, saying that my uploaded document has expired. However, I applied and received my AFP certificate in the month of June 2019, which I uploaded in my application.

Please suggest what are the probable courses of action.

Cheers !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All

I have been following the forum for a year now and really appreciate all the valuable inputs shared by the members. These inputs have helped me prepare my application throughout the process.

I need some guidance regarding the AFP. Department of home affairs has contacted me to provide a new, latest AFP, saying that my uploaded document has expired. However, I applied and received my AFP certificate in the month of June 2019, which I uploaded in my application.

Please suggest what are the probable courses of action.

Cheers !!
AFP certificate has 1 year validity. So I assume they may have missed it or not able to find it online. Try uploading again if you received it on June 2019. Also email co that you have this certificate with validity and get his confirmation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my visa approved on the 3rd of October. Long time lurker here too. 2nd post so far I think.

I am HIV positive so my journey might be different to most of you all. I had to go through the health waiver process.

My timeline:
Applied for 820/801: September 2015
Health Waiver submission: Feb 2017
Asked for health waiver again (Migration Agent made an error): April 2018
Asked for new health check and also AFP check: Jan 2019
Asked for s56 (Request for more information) : Jun 2019
820 and 801 approved at the same time: October 2019

I sent immigration emails and called them a few times in a these 4 years. It has been a long 4 years since I didn't get my 820 and was on bridging most of the time. Every time I applied for a BVB it seemed to get them looking at my files again though.

Thanks everyone for all the information

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I'm a silent reader here and thought I will share my timeline here. Im from Philippines

820/801- Submitted June/2017 complete paper application. Melbourne office.

August 2018 : asked to take another medical examination and Police check here in Australia.

October 2018 approved both 820/801

Me and my Aussie partner is been together for 5 years before we applied, have 2 years old child and a 12 years old step-child which I included in my application.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Everyone. I joined this forum today and also applied my 820 today on my own. Can someone please help me what documents should i upload. me and my partner are living together from last 5 years, married for 2 years with 1 child. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
We applied for 820 on april 2019 through a registered Mara.
*We have have provided screenshots evidence by giving screenshortsof texts, our photos and friends and family,

*3 808 statement declaration comprising 2 family members and one of our close friend.
*Marriage certificate
*bills showing that I am an authorized person to the account since the organisation don't allow two people to have the account .
*relationship statements from both of us.
*house lease agreement on our names.
*house chores responsibility, adding my partner as my emergency contact at work.
*household furniture and goods in our name , also added me on centerline as partner.
* provided form 40.
*some movie tickets in our name and some other ticket. We have not done travels outside the state because we can't afford to atm but planning on travelling soon.

Please I need some help as regards to what we have to do while waiting and what document we have to add

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All
Very comforting scrolling through this page as so many are in the same boat and this can be so very stressful!
A couple of questions i'm hoping people might have the answers for...
My partner and I have just applied for 820/801 in Sep (obviously still waiting to be assigned a CO). He is currently on a student visa active until Nov 2020; however, he will finish his study in Dec of this year. I understand that the BVA that he has been granted and that is currently not active, will come into effect in Nov 2020 once his Student Visa expires naturally... However, my question is: as he will have finished his study in Dec of this year will he then be granted full work rights/Medicare prior to Nov 2020? Is anyone aware of how we go about investigating/any application process for this?
I know we are in a better position applying for 820/801 when we did rather than waiting until Nov next year as that would have put us however many months further behind but it will be highly frustrating if his work/medicare rights do not change until such time.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

5941 - 5960 of 6629 Posts