6081 - 6100 of 6698 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some movement for us recently.

Applied - September 2018
Health check - October 2019
Request for police checks - Jan 2020

From the UK, if that makes any difference.
That gives me some hope that ours will start to move soon. Also from the UK.

Applied - 1 October 2018
Health Check - April 2019
Request to fill out sponsor application - November 2019 - (didn't do it earlier as we wanted to use it as an easy way to give an update on relationship from October 2018 onwards)
From what I have seen on this forum the 309 tends to be a faster grant time. They say that your country of origin has an impact on the processing time but I'm not sure as I am from a "low risk" country, I am from Ireland, I hold an irish and a UK passport. My application is pretty straight forward and we have submitted everything, medical and police checks etc. There has been very little progress and communication regarding my 820 visa application and it has been 26 months since I applied.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I have seen on this forum the 309 tends to be a faster grant time. They say that your country of origin has an impact on the processing time but I'm not sure as I am from a "low risk" country, I am from Ireland, I hold an irish and a UK passport. My application is pretty straight forward and we have submitted everything, medical and police checks etc. There has been very little progress and communication regarding my 820 visa application and it has been 26 months since I applied.
No requests or anything?
I had been hoping, nay dreaming, of an early decision for the 820.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yay!

My 820 was granted this week. So happy.

Application lodged onshore October 2018
Grant: January 2020
Previous visa: 2 years WHV

No further requests straight to grant :) Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No requests or anything?
I had been hoping, nay dreaming, of an early decision for the 820.
I had a request for my police check in April 2018. Then nothing until July 2019 when they requested medical and updated police checks. It's been almost 6 months and I've heard nothing since.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys! After a very very long time coming I've finally applied for my 820 today. My partner is currently doing is online sponsor application and I am uploading our evidence and what not. I wanted to ask a question though: I've been sent an email confirming my application was received and all my attachments are going fine, but I wondered how long it would but until I would get a Bridging Visa grant email, or do you just get it automatically with no notice? I have a month left on my current visa so I'm in no big rush, but I want to be certain I'm at no risk of overstaying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
820 visa

hi all.. im new here. just planning to apply 820 and 801 visa for my spouse. i need help in collecting documents. pls help me with it. i have pr. married my wife on dec 1 2019. she is with me in australia on visitor visa from 19/12/2019. i know her from may 2019.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys! After a very very long time coming I've finally applied for my 820 today. My partner is currently doing is online sponsor application and I am uploading our evidence and what not. I wanted to ask a question though: I've been sent an email confirming my application was received and all my attachments are going fine, but I wondered how long it would but until I would get a Bridging Visa grant email, or do you just get it automatically with no notice? I have a month left on my current visa so I'm in no big rush, but I want to be certain I'm at no risk of overstaying.
You should get the bridgin visa automatically and immediately after you pay. Check the correspondce tab in your immi account. They should also be sent to you via your email as well

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should get the bridgin visa automatically and immediately after you pay. Check the correspondce tab in your immi account. They should also be sent to you via your email as well
It took a few days, but it came through, maybe just because it was the weekend, came in as soon as on Monday morning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
should our first medical check up be for 820 or 801? the booking system of the health examination require me to input a visa subclass and i dont know if i should input 820 or 801 since im still on bridging? thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
should our first medical check up be for 820 or 801? the booking system of the health examination require me to input a visa subclass and i dont know if i should input 820 or 801 since im still on bridging? thanks!
The medical is for the 820 visa. You don't do another one for the 801.

·
Registered
28 Posts
820 partner visa

Hi all
I applied for 820/801 visa in june 2017 police check health check has been submitted
Its 32nd month haven't heard anything im from india anyone on same boat patience become impatience but immigration dont really know what they doing..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all
I applied for 820/801 visa in june 2017 police check health check has been submitted
Its 32nd month haven't heard anything im from india anyone on same boat patience become impatience but immigration dont really know what they doing..
Send an email to [email protected] including your name, date of birth and TRN. Explain that it is beyond the 90% processing time and you are requesting an update on the status of your application.

They don't normally respond to requests for updates, but as your application is well beyond normal processing time they should get in contact with you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

I lodged my 820 application on 6/6/2019 and am currently still waiting for it to be processed. I'm currently holding a Malaysian passport while my husband is a PR (from Singapore). We have also lodged the "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)" online form on 8/1/2020.

Just a couple of questions here:
1. I received my MY police clearance on 23/5/2019 and AU police clearance on 12/4/2019 while my partner's SG police clearance on 19/7/2019. Do you guys reckon we should reapply these police clearances?

2. I am also thinking of updating some of my documents every 6 months to keep them updated. However, I have previously uploaded about 10 documents wrongly in my portal (silly me that wasted about 10 document slots). What happens if it reaches its max 100 documents limit? Can I still update my documents if I haven't been assigned a CO?

3. I understand that I can apply for 801, 2 years (which is on 6/6/2021) after I submitted my 820 application. What if I have not had my 820 granted after 2 years? Can I still apply for 801? Or I can only apply for 801 after I have been granted 820 and 2 years after I submitted my 820 application?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there

Just wanted to find out if this is possible. Would you be able to enter Aus on a tourist visa without condition 8503 and apply for subclass 820? Also, would it be possible to lodge an application and then after lodgement add more information to support your case before further information is requested?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone!
Not all 820 applications take months to process. I’ve unexpectedly had my 820 granted from PMV. The timeline goes like this:
• PMV due to expire - 10 Feb 2020;
• Applied for 820 - 09 Jan 2020;
• s56 request from CO - 14 Jan 2020 for marriage certificate and sponsor form;
• 820 visa grant - 11 Feb 2020

Time to process - about 1 month without the need for a bridging visa.

High risk country: Russia

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Hi everyone!
Not all 820 applications take months to process. I've unexpectedly had my 820 granted from PMV. The timeline goes like this:
• PMV due to expire - 10 Feb 2020;
• Applied for 820 - 09 Jan 2020;
• s56 request from CO - 14 Jan 2020 for marriage certificate and sponsor form;
• 820 visa grant - 11 Feb 2020

Time to process - about 1 month without the need for a bridging visa.

High risk country: Russia
That's good news.

Some 820's from PMV's have been pretty quick recently. A couple of recent ones have been 5 and 8 days. But with the 820 grant often about 8 or 9 months after the 300 application.

Ours, back in 2016, was an 820 finalised after 3.2 months, from Philippines. But 13.9 months after the PMV Application. The PMV itself took almost 9 months.

When was your 300 granted?

6081 - 6100 of 6698 Posts