Australia Forum banner

6121 - 6140 of 6627 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hello all, I have just receive a request for AFP check for my partner and in the attached letter it says we must respond to this request within 28 days after receiving this letter. And we should provide in writing through the contact provided "below"

Do we need to actually write to say we have receive her request and AFP is now in process? and the email provided "below" the letter isnt the same as the email which the letter was sent from. Any idea?
I was about to say to use the email at the bottom, but I just checked what we did.

I actually just clicked reply and used the one it was sent from, and it went through OK, with a reply later that day.

But thinking of it now, I would be tempted to send the reply to both, using the 'cc' option.

Make sure you send something within the 28 days, even if just to say you have ordered the AFP and will upload when it arrives. Then email again when you upload it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks JandE,
Do you know if that name in the letter is actually my case officer?
And, it seems only my sponsor have receive a request and not me. Not sure if thats normal?

I was about to say to use the email at the bottom, but I just checked what we did.

I actually just clicked reply and used the one it was sent from, and it went through OK, with a reply later that day.

But thinking of it now, I would be tempted to send the reply to both, using the 'cc' option.

Make sure you send something within the 28 days, even if just to say you have ordered the AFP and will upload when it arrives. Then email again when you upload it.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Thanks JandE,
Do you know if that name in the letter is actually my case officer?
And, it seems only my sponsor have receive a request and not me. Not sure if thats normal?
I don't think there is one single case officer, each contact we had was from different person.

You say that you got a request for an AFP check for your partner.
Have you done, and submitted, an AFP check for yourself?
If you have submitted everything else required, then there would not be a need for any other RFI.

Not everyone gets an RFI, some go direct to grant with no contact.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi JandE and Pillow,

I was wondering if the RFI in your case specifically asked to be provided in email?

I received a request for police check and medical about three weeks ago and in my letter it says "Attach all documents to your application through ImmiAccount", which I did about a week ago but still no sound..

Should I reply the email to let them know that I have uploaded them to ImmiAccount? Or should I just wait?

Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
130 Posts

Hi JandE and Pillow,

I was wondering if the RFI in your case specifically asked to be provided in email?

I received a request for police check and medical about three weeks ago and in my letter it says "Attach all documents to your application through ImmiAccount", which I did about a week ago but still no sound..

Should I reply the email to let them know that I have uploaded them to ImmiAccount? Or should I just wait?

Thank you in advance,
Did you click the " I have submitted all documents button"?
You can reply without attaching the document on the email just saying that you have complied. Otherwise all documents are uploaded on immi account then u click that button and wait to be contacted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you click the " I have submitted all documents button"?
You can reply without attaching the document on the email just saying that you have complied. Otherwise all documents are uploaded on immi account then u click that button and wait to be contacted.
yes I did, but still no sound after over a week now..

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
yes I did, but still no sound after over a week now..
Very few people would hear anything that fast.
It does happen, but 4 or 5 weeks would be considered fast by some. Some might be months.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh I see! My partner (sponsor) receive the request for AFP check but im the applicant and i didnt get a request. I also have not uploaded my afp check either although i have apply for it already and awaiting certification.

I reckon all applicants NEED afp check thats why i wonder why only my partner (sponsor) is getting the request and not me.

I don't think there is one single case officer, each contact we had was from different person.

You say that you got a request for an AFP check for your partner.
Have you done, and submitted, an AFP check for yourself?
If you have submitted everything else required, then there would not be a need for any other RFI.

Not everyone gets an RFI, some go direct to grant with no contact.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Oh I see! My partner (sponsor) receive the request for AFP check but im the applicant and i didnt get a request. I also have not uploaded my afp check either although i have apply for it already and awaiting certification.

I reckon all applicants NEED afp check thats why i wonder why only my partner (sponsor) is getting the request and not me.
I assume they are doing his sponsorship application first, and then once approved, Hopefully they will look at yours.

Best to ensure all your stuff is now in, so it is all ready to be finalised.

We didn't get our AFP certified, just uploaded a photo of it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks alot JandE!
I will get my partner to reply to the email now and cc it to the other address too.

I assume they are doing his sponsorship application first, and then once approved, Hopefully they will look at yours.

Best to ensure all your stuff is now in, so it is all ready to be finalised.

We didn't get our AFP certified, just uploaded a photo of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have just got married and my partner is in India at the moment. I want to apply a 600 visa for her and once she is here I want to apply 820 visa. Please advise if this is the right pathway. Plus how the bridging visa work in this process. Any suggestions for the things that I should be taking care of in advance to keep this process smooth.

Thanks in Advance.

Garry

·
Registered
172 Posts
A new sponsor's AFP check was requested 4th September 2019. In 2 weeks I uploaded the clearance certificate (certification definitely not required)
30th December 2019 they requested the applicant police clearance even though everything had expired in August 2019!!
I supplied the AFP clearance for her in two weeks but when I received another request in February 2020 for a THAI police clearance AND a new medical
I realised the December request was for the Thai clearance!

Note 1. They have never asked for a AFP clearance for the applicant - only the sponsor - twice
Note 2. Read any correspondence from DHA and make sure you give them what they ask for.
I had missed the critical words FROM THAILAND
Luckily they asked again but upped the ante by throwing in the medical :mad: But it was was my fault :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey chrislane,

Did u manage to get any reply when u respond to the their email when they ask for AFP? And which email add did u reply to?

My partner jus reply to both [email protected] and also cc to [email protected]

Haven't got any reply not sure if I even sent to the correct place.

😕

A new sponsor's AFP check was requested 4th September 2019. In 2 weeks I uploaded the clearance certificate (certification definitely not required)
30th December 2019 they requested the applicant police clearance even though everything had expired in August 2019!!
I supplied the AFP clearance for her but when I received another request in February 2020 for a THAI police clearance AND a new medical I realised the December request was for the Thai clearance.

Note 1. They have never asked for a AFP clearance for the applicant - only the sponsor - twice
Note 2. Read any correspondence from DHA and make sure you give them what they ask for. I missed the critical words FROM THAILAND
Luckily they asked again but upped the ante by throwing in the medical
But is was my fault

·
Registered
49 Posts

I am the sponsor to my husband, my request for an AFP check came one year before my husbands.

We were at 31 months when they actually requested the medical, police check (AFP) and then also we need to do an FBI Check.

In fact they never requested any additional information on my husband, it was all from me until now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey chrislane,

Did u manage to get any reply when u respond to the their email when they ask for AFP? And which email add did u reply to?

My partner jus reply to both [email protected] and also cc to [email protected]

Haven't got any reply not sure if I even sent to the correct place.

😕
Hi Pillow,

I simply replied to the email "Request for More Information"
My replies have mostly not been responded to other than to say they had received it. The conditions for them to reply are stringent to avoid wasting time.

The email link will not be the same for all applicants as the majority of the processing is done in the Embassy of the country of origin of the applicant.
Most of my processing was done in Bangkok so my emails were sent there.

It was my own stupidity for not reading the initial Police Clearance request for the applicant carefully.
It was not for an AFP but Thai clearance.
But they gave us a second chance once I supplied the un-requested AFP clearance.
I guess they realised my blunder and helped us out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I've been searching all of the forums for an answer for my particular question; If you are engaged and would like to apply for an 820, would you apply as a de facto or a married couple? or is there an engaged option in the 820 application? (not referring to the PMV 300)

Thank you!
Achmat

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hello,

I've been searching all of the forums for an answer for my particular question; If you are engaged and would like to apply for an 820, would you apply as a de facto or a married couple? or is there an engaged option in the 820 application? (not referring to the PMV 300)

Thank you!
Achmat
As the 820 visa is for a de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, etc., you would presumably be either de facto (whether engaged or not) or married.

An option for engaged would presumably not be required.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have just got married and my partner is in India at the moment. I want to apply a 600 visa for her and once she is here I want to apply 820 visa. Please advise if this is the right pathway. Plus how the bridging visa work in this process. Any suggestions for the things that I should be taking care of in advance to keep this process smooth.

Thanks in Advance.

Garry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance.

Garry
Have you considered the 309? I'm not sure about the 600 route, maybe you can get some good advice from an agent. You don't have to use them to apply, just see if you can talk to one to go over all of your options.

6121 - 6140 of 6627 Posts