Australia Forum banner

6161 - 6180 of 6623 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Partner Visa 820/801

Hi Beautiful Peoples,

I am glad to see many people helping each other in here. can someone please help me or guide me as well, Me and my wife got married in 26 November 2017 she is Australian Citizen but we both from Pakistan, I applied my Partner Visa by my self as i couldn't afford the agent because paid the immigration fees around $7100 dollars.

Applied PV 820/801. on 01 March 2018
( Received Acknowledgement 01 March 2018).

holding student visa at that time ( which expire on 15 March 2018. )

Bridging Visa Granted 02 March 2018 continued after Student Visa Expired.

Completed my medical check on 07 March 2018.

Requested Sponsor ( Wife) Police clearance 28 August 2018.

Provide Sponsor ( Wife) Police clearance 04 Sep 2019.

Applied Bridging Visa B ( to travel overseas )

Expecting 3 month Bridging Visa B ( But they Grant for year on 8 July 2019 Till 8 July 2020. )

As i submitted my application on 1st march its already 24 months no Case officer has been assigned and no one requested more information.
i upload more proofs time to time like joint account statements and utility bills and also the travel together tickets and stays in hotels.

i got married in Australia so i upload marriage pictures as well.

is anyone else in the same boat waiting like me i was expecting someone from immi contact me for more documents for 801. Is that right ???

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife is still waiting for her Partner Visa 820 to be granted. We came from a PMV300 but have been waiting for 28 months now! Sent several emails with no success except for the automated replies. Anyone have any ideas what to do or how to get immi's attention?

·
Registered
34 Posts
message from immigration

Hi Everyone,
A year to the day after my wife and I lodged our 820 visa application I get an email from immigration with a subject line that begins with
Application in progress - BCC2019/XXX/xxx.....
Subject: Your Australian Partner (subclass 820) visa application is progressing
Is this significant, or just something they do after a year to let you know they are still there?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am currently filling out the application for 820/801 Partner Visa. We want to do this without an agent. My partner and I have been together since Jan 2017 and living together since Aug 2017. We got engaged June 2018 but haven't been in a rush to set a wedding date yet and still don't have one. I'm wondering if it would be better to put our status on the application as De Facto or engaged and just choose an approx wedding date? What do you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,
A year to the day after my wife and I lodged our 820 visa application I get an email from immigration with a subject line that begins with
Application in progress - BCC2019/XXX/xxx.....
Subject: Your Australian Partner (subclass 820) visa application is progressing
Is this significant, or just something they do after a year to let you know they are still there?

Thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael,

I also got an email from immigration recently, as we submitted the application on 14 March 2019.

It seems we have pretty same timeline.

Fingers crossed that we may get some good news in this year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Michael,

I also got an email from immigration recently, as we submitted the application on 14 March 2019.

It seems we have pretty same timeline.

Fingers crossed that we may get some good news in this year.
We were both excited when the email arrived, as it was the first contact we have had from immigration since we lodged the application.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Anyone receive good news on their case recently?
The recent 820 grants in March 2020, have had processing times of 18.6, 16.2, 14.7, 26.6, 18.2, 16.8 and 20.7 months. That is an average of about 19 months.

There was one granted 4 days ago, that took just 2 weeks, but that was from a PMV application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Passport: China ( high risk country?)
Applied: 23/10/2016 by post
Background: Dating for one year, Marriage for one year; first baby born in 2018.
Visa Granted: 23/11/2018 820/801 together
Some informations, hope help you guys,
1. I was refused by applying a tourist visa for one time ;
2. I did not keep sending materials to them. No contacts from immigration department at all during the waiting time till on October 2018, they request AFP and No Crimial records;
3. No CO allocated but TEAM 2
4. I applied by post, but they provided me a link to upload the request information, unfortunately the link didn’t work. I sent the materials by email and my partner got a call from them, nothing serious. Just after one day, I got 820 and 801 together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just wanted to give the update of my application:

31 Dec 2018 --> Submitted 820/801
28 Nov 2019 --> Ask for the overseas police check for both and online sponsor form
17 March 2020 --> Ask for the AFP

I uploaded all the requested documents- still waiting for the outcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations!
I also received 820 this month, finding work on this visa, however, is tricky, as its difficult to explain situation to the employer. Whats your experience so far?
Visa was for my partner. She was able to get a few interviews when she was looking for a job last year however I would expect it to be difficult for a lot of people to find work now due to COVID. The only thing employers really required were no restrictions on the visa. They didn't care if it was "temporary". Luckily her bridging visa had no restrictions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was granted the 820 and the 801 together today after two years and two days. I'm from Switzerland and I came from a student visa.

Applied for 820: 30/03/2018 (Police checks supplied and health test done shortly afterwards – I felt optimistic).
19/08/2019: Request for more information – had to resupply the AFP record because it had expired
22/01/2020: Request for more information – had to resupply Swiss police record and redo the health test.
01/04/2020: 820/801 granted at the same time

I had to apply twice for a travel visa and I had the extra cost of redoing police checks and the health test, but I'm obviously pretty stoked that I went straight to PR. It almost feels like they waited deliberately to get across the two-year mark before finalising. The processing office was the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone i applied 820/801 partner visa in June 2017
We have submitted all documents and regularly updated but hasn't heard anything its annoying buy can't do nothing its nearly 31month
Still on bridging visa a
Anyone on same boat.
Yes me, applied in December 2017 and still on BVA.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same case I was granted the 820 and the 801 together yesterday after 2 years and 1 day. I'm from England.

Applied 820/801 online: Mar 2018

granted: April 2020

I was granted the 820 and the 801 together today after two years and two days. I'm from Switzerland and I came from a student visa.

Applied for 820: 30/03/2018 (Police checks supplied and health test done shortly afterwards - I felt optimistic).
19/08/2019: Request for more information - had to resupply the AFP record because it had expired
22/01/2020: Request for more information - had to resupply Swiss police record and redo the health test.

I had to apply twice for a travel visa and I had the extra cost of redoing police checks and the health test, but I'm obviously pretty stoked that I went straight to PR. It almost feels like they waited deliberately to get across the two-year mark before finalising. The processing office was the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lucky and congrats for both of you!

I received an email from IMMI regardless of my grant letter today. Here is my timeline ;
I applied straight for 820/801 10 Aug 2018, Marriage in September 2018.

Applied for BVB 05 April 2019
Application in progress 19 Oct 2019
S56 request from CO 17 Feb 2020
Further Assesment 09 March 2020
Another S56 request 19 March 2020
Submitted AFP 30 March 2020
Granted Partner visa 820 today 02/04/2020

I am from Indonesia, next step is 801 ...

Same case I was granted the 820 and the 801 together yesterday after two years and 1 day. I'm from England and came here initially with tourist visa.

Applied 820 only: 31 Mar 2018

820 & 801 granted at the same time: 1 April 2020

Applied for 820: 30/03/2018 (Police checks supplied and health test done shortly afterwards - I felt optimistic).
19/08/2019: Request for more information - had to resupply the AFP record because it had expired
22/01/2020: Request for more information - had to resupply Swiss police record and redo the health test.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Yes me, applied in December 2017 and still on BVA.
Seems a long time.
What is the Nationality, and place of application?

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Yeah a very long time, I'm from New Caledonia, French nationality and I applied onshore, Brisbane....
There was another French applicant, in Sept 2017, who got their 820 and 801 grant (one hour apart) in November 2019. (26 months)

They got the grant about a month after they submitted answers to a request for extra information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah a very long time, I'm from New Caledonia, French nationality and I applied onshore, Brisbane....
There was another French applicant, in Sept 2017, who got their 820 and 801 grant (one hour apart) in November 2019. (26 months)

They got the grant about a month after they submitted answers to a request for extra information.
Here's my timeline:
December 2017: Applied 820 partner visa
December 2019: Asked to submit form 80 and provide extra information on the relationship
March 2020: Asked to do again medical and afp (police check from both applicant and sponsor)
Now, still waiting.....
I wonder how long I'm going to wait

6161 - 6180 of 6623 Posts