Australia Forum banner

6301 - 6320 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Case officer Assigned. Medical and police checks were requested. All are done and uploaded. Would it be a good idea to inform the CO about this? Or I should just wait.

I applied in feb 2019 with medical and checks. Since they expired I had to do them again.

Case officer assigned 15/12/2020
Medical done 22/12/2020
Police certs submitted 29/12/2020
Hi Xks,
Did the CO contacted you via his/her direct email or you received the "IMMI General Purpose Advice Letter to an Applicant"?
It is the immi general purpose advice letter with the name and position number of the Of someone... i sm assuming the CO?
As soon as I received it my account had "arrange health exam flag".

I then went ahead and did the medical and police checks again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Who else is waiting for sub820 for more than 17 months, who else received auto generated messages that bluh bluh is in progress this 2021??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a meaning to the flag displayed on my immiaccount for the 820 visa application? It's a yellow color flag and my status is still received. Is this normal?

Applied on March 2020. Haven't done my medical checks yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a meaning to the flag displayed on my immiaccount for the 820 visa application? It's a yellow color flag and my status is still received. Is this normal?

Applied on March 2020. Haven't done my medical checks yet.
I remember reading from some other threads that the flag is just a generic information suggesting your next action. You have the choice to either front load your documents such as Police and Health Check bearing the risk of them expiring in a year or wait until you've formally received a RFI from a case officer by email. Your application status should change from Received to Initial Assessment by then, and then to Further Assessment by the time you've uploaded all the requested documents.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Scorpion has given a very nice feedback recommend you upload the health test ,do not waite for comments officer to ask, but am wondering, why they send me automated emails every 6 months that my application is progess, now it's 17 months waiting, married with a kid,

·
Registered
88 Posts
It means some impending actions be done you are not the first one to get a flag just a busy signal of something to be done,so try healthy examinations

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is the immi general purpose advice letter with the name and position number of the Of someone... i sm assuming the CO?
As soon as I received it my account had "arrange health exam flag".

I then went ahead and did the medical and police checks again.
Okay. I have received the same letter from ([email protected]). Then, I did the medical and police check again and I submitted it recently.

I sent a reply to this email to inform them that I have done the medical and police check, but I got auto-generated response.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have been waiting for 820 for 36 months now. Applied from a PMV 300. Status remains unchanged at "Received". No communication other than the auto generated messages. Any ideas on what to do or how to follow up? Have called the general hotline several times and they keep fobbing me off. Have also emailed the generic [email protected] several times now without any replies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have been waiting for 820 for 36 months now. Applied from a PMV 300. Status remains unchanged at "Received". No communication other than the auto generated messages. Any ideas on what to do or how to follow up? Have called the general hotline several times and they keep fobbing me off. Have also emailed the generic [email protected] several times now without any replies.
my GOD that is probably the longest waiting time for 820 I have seen, may I know which country of passport the applicant is from?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Who else is waiting for sub820 for more than 17 months, who else received auto generated messages that bluh bluh is in progress this 2021??
We were waiting for 23 months. Got message after 12 months saying in progress, got request after 21 months for medical and AFP clearance, submitted them and 801 was granted on December 19th 2020. We had a 3 year relationship at application time. No 820 was issued, went straight to 801!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone 😁
Fingers crossed we all get our 820 soon 😍
I’m from Ukraine and my partner is German-Australian
Married in May 2020 (Covid wedding)
Lodged the app in Sep 2020.
I had my 600 visa application onshore, which required medical exam. I’ve done it, now my hap ID shows only blood test required and the rest - “reused”
Planning on getting the blood test done soon.
Soon my bva will kick in!
I love this forum with all the info and wishing everyone good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hii! This post seems like a really helpful platform to ask a basic question about the temporary partner visa (820), since most of you have applied, received your bridging visa, and are waiting to be processed.
Im just thinking about beginning the process because...for some reason I thought that once I submitted my application, I would have to live in australia for the 23-27 months that it takes to process. IS THIS TRUE?? I didn't think a partner visa was the right way forward at the time we got married in May 2020, because we were foreseeing ourselves going to live in the US (so that process for her is where we've been putting our time and money). But that US move date keeps getting postponed as life keeps happening and now I'm in Australia on a visitors visa that ends in April. We'd like to leave for the US by January/February 2022.
When you applied, and were granted a bridging visa, did that have any stipulations about leaving the country??
And would I need to be IN country for the visa to continue to process?
I feel these are some big basic questions but I'm brand new to this and a little lost and im kicking myself that I didn't find out about this online forum until now.
Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hii! This post seems like a really helpful platform to ask a basic question about the temporary partner visa (820), since most of you have applied, received your bridging visa, and are waiting to be processed.
Im just thinking about beginning the process because...for some reason I thought that once I submitted my application, I would have to live in australia for the 23-27 months that it takes to process. IS THIS TRUE?? I didn't think a partner visa was the right way forward at the time we got married in May 2020, because we were foreseeing ourselves going to live in the US (so that process for her is where we've been putting our time and money). But that US move date keeps getting postponed as life keeps happening and now I'm in Australia on a visitors visa that ends in April. We'd like to leave for the US by January/February 2022.
When you applied, and were granted a bridging visa, did that have any stipulations about leaving the country??
And would I need to be IN country for the visa to continue to process?
I feel these are some big basic questions but I'm brand new to this and a little lost and im kicking myself that I didn't find out about this online forum until now.
Thanks!
If you lodged in onshore 820 application, your Bridging Visa A will be granted immediately but will only come into effect after your current visitor visa expires in April, and you will have full work rights and Medicare then but no travelling unfortunately. In addition, from what I heard, your visitor visa must NOT have a "No Further Stay" condition to be granted a bridging visa. (i.e. applied through tourist stream not family stream)

If you do need to leave Australia while waiting on the 820, you're gonna have to apply for a Bridging Visa B which allows you to travel, however if COVID-19 is no longer a travel concern by the time your 820 is about to be finalised, you normally must be onshore for the visa to be granted.

Hope this answered some of your questions, and good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes thanks Scorpion 9900. I could apply for a BVB but I have no idea when we'd be returning to Australia! It might be a few years! I understand that my bridging visa ends if I leave Australia...and in order to get back in I need a new valid visa...do you think that could just be your average 3 month tourist visa? And then when I'm back in Australia, would the processing of my temporary application continue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post here and I am hoping you can assist.

My brother is just about to sponsor his partner on an 820 Partner Visa. They have been together for 4 months, engaged last week - and planning to elope in one month.

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

My brother seems extremely happy.. but as his sibling, I am concerned on the motivations of his partner.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? and what was the outcome?

Thanks for taking the time to read my message

6301 - 6320 of 6595 Posts