Australia Forum banner

6321 - 6340 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
That’s a big rush,you Will waite the visa for ages if you lodge now ,Waite 2 years and with a kid before you lodge you will get so quickly,tell your brother and her partner,especially the partner

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post here and I am hoping you can assist.

My brother is just about to sponsor his partner on an 820 Partner Visa. They have been together for 4 months, engaged last week - and planning to elope in one month.

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

My brother seems extremely happy.. but as his sibling, I am concerned on the motivations of his partner.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? and what was the outcome?

Thanks for taking the time to read my message
Let them know being married means very little for the visa. It's a fact but it could also be interesting to see the reaction if doing it just for a visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you both for your replies, what you say makes a lot of sense.

The marriage part is what confuses me the most as I don't really understand how this will positively impact the 820 Visa. I know that 820 Visa can't be applied for if the relationship is less than 12 months (not considered de facto) so I am assuming they are getting married purely so they can apply. But surely marrying after 5 months does not look 'better', it just allows them to actually be eligible to apply in the first place..

What concerns me more is that this process began after 1 month of meeting!

Its a very confusing situation but I really appreciate this forum as there is lots of helpful information to get through as I try to make sense of this all

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone.
Today i have recieved an email with attached letter with those infomation make me so confused.
They ask me to do police check and health examination.
Police check is ok. i got it
Health examination: i am so confused. As i have done it already from begining straigh after the first time they had asked me to do. In the letter today, they also have showed if listed check with marks "completed" . then i dont have to do another one again. they will just use the existing one.
Any one got the same letter like mine after more than 1 year?
Please let me know.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes thanks Scorpion 9900. I could apply for a BVB but I have no idea when we'd be returning to Australia! It might be a few years! I understand that my bridging visa ends if I leave Australia...and in order to get back in I need a new valid visa...do you think that could just be your average 3 month tourist visa? And then when I'm back in Australia, would the processing of my temporary application continue?
I think obtaining a tourist visa to get back is a common way to trigger the onshore grant. I don't think the process will go to pending while you're overseas, it will continue queuing until a CO is assigned to assess your case, and I'm pretty sure your CO will inform you to come back if your application is finally ready to be granted.

Why don't you wait until you arrived in the US and lodge in a 309/100 offshore visa there? It's a lot less troublesome, and I've seen a few quick outcomes lately that people were being granted 309 visas in anytime between 1 to 3 months after lodgement. They were all process at the Washington DC office. But again the speed highly depends on individual cases and it's better to choose a way that suits you the best over a quick turnaround time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi everyone.
Today i have recieved an email with attached letter with those infomation make me so confused.
They ask me to do police check and health examination.
Police check is ok. i got it
Health examination: i am so confused. As i have done it already from begining straigh after the first time they had asked me to do. In the letter today, they also have showed if listed check with marks "completed" . then i dont have to do another one again. they will just use the existing one.
Any one got the same letter like mine after more than 1 year?
Please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
What kind of email did you receive? Is it a generic email update telling you your application is being assessed and you need to make sure all evidence has been provided. If yes, it's probably not from a case officer but rather an automated system update email.

Some people get it once a year or every six months, some don't get it at all. Some choose to ignore it, and some start to get their health checks and police checks uploaded. It's a matter of personal preference and a risk people wish to take to front-load all the documents because you never know how far away the grant is. It can be another few months, a year, or just a few days. So if I already waited almost a year and got this update, I'd probably make sure everything is uploaded and the application is in a decision-ready status because there's a good chance your application will be finalised within the following year or before things go expired.

If you choose to ignore this generic update, you will still receive an s56 RFI email from your actual case officer if anything is missing from your application and you'll be given a timeframe to upload them. This is usually the email you can count on and hope that your visa grant is imminent as someone is actually reviewing it for sure. However I did see people complaining about waiting for months even after RFI. So nothing is certain, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! Looking forward to hanging out here for a while, but hopefully not too long ;-)

Finally lodged our 820/801 online this morning and have been uploading everything I can since. Was planning on front loading as much as possible, but I think I'll hold off on the police and medical checks for at least a month or so, based on what I'm reading here.

I'm an American applicant married to an Australian sponsor since 2016. Became well acquainted with forums like these when we filed for the Aussie's stateside residency years ago. We've got plenty of evidence of our genuine, lifelong commitment to each other and no complicated histories whatsoever, so I don't expect much trouble with this application other than time.

Best of luck to you all!

Editing to add: lol, I hope I didn't just mess anything up... I just finished undergrad at an Australian university and subsequently received a notification that my Confirmation of Enrolment was no longer valid. I assumed this also meant that my 500 was no longer valid, as it requires a valid CoE. So when lodging the 820/801, I indicated that I do not currently have a substantiative visa, and explained that this was because I had recently graduated.

However, my Bridging A grant shows that my 500 will be active until 30 August 2021... even though I already graduated and no longer have a valid CoE? Strange and honestly a bit frustrating as I was very much looking forward to being free from the 500's working restrictions. Oh well.

As long as this slight misstep is unlikely to impact the 820/801, I'll just try not to worry so much about it. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes thank you! I would wait until I'm back in the US but that won't be until January 2020 and I need to work and live here legally until then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, all the best to those who have applied for the 820/801.

A couple of questions, sorry if i missed them in the thread.

Once the 820 is granted, do I just wait for the supposed 2 years for the 801 to be granted? I understand if they need updated docs such as police check...etc

If not, will they notify me when to apply a separate 801 form? Or can I just apply straight after the 820 grant?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
88 Posts
ladies and gentlemen good afternoon, I made my partner visa application on 2019 July haven't been assigned any officer, I did my medical immediately and as I can see here guys saying, medical results expire in 12 months, this means mine expired 6 months ago, do I need them to ask me for anything check or I should just do it,??it's 18 month since nothing from them am bored, please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have applied for a 820 visa coming from Canada. We lodged in late September 2019 and just got the s56 e-mail requesting police checks and a medical exam.

I was able to book myself in for a medical exam and finger printing (for my Canadian police check) in early April. This was the earliest dates I could find. I have uploaded my receipts as proof of intent for now.

This is longer than the 28 days allotted per the e-mail. It is my understanding that Immigration is aware of this and won't penalise me. The only drawback is, of course, a longer wait period as they cannot move forward with a decision until these are provided. Is this correct?

Last question: do we have to complete form 1221? It falls under the 'recommended' category alongside several other forms like the 956, 80, 888 etc that do not seem relevant.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everyone,

I hope it's ok to post here, I didn't want to create a post just for this but I'm just starting the 820 application and there are 2 questions I'm not sure to fully understand

Are there any migrating members of the family unit included in this application?

Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not traveling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

I'm just unclear about the term "family unit", what does it mean?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello,

I have applied for a 820 visa coming from Canada. We lodged in late September 2019 and just got the s56 e-mail requesting police checks and a medical exam.

I was able to book myself in for a medical exam and finger printing (for my Canadian police check) in early April. This was the earliest dates I could find. I have uploaded my receipts as proof of intent for now.

This is longer than the 28 days allotted per the e-mail. It is my understanding that Immigration is aware of this and won't penalise me. The only drawback is, of course, a longer wait period as they cannot move forward with a decision until these are provided. Is this correct?

Last question: do we have to complete form 1221? It falls under the 'recommended' category alongside several other forms like the 956, 80, 888 etc that do not seem relevant.

Thank you for your help.
1221 no, not unless asked to

888s most definitely need at least 2. These are a requirement

Form 80 most people seem to do this. Some get asked for it. Others dont. We just did it to save time

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey everyone,

I hope it's ok to post here, I didn't want to create a post just for this but I'm just starting the 820 application and there are 2 questions I'm not sure to fully understand

Are there any migrating members of the family unit included in this application?

Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not traveling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

I'm just unclear about the term "family unit", what does it mean?
Husband/wife/partner and kids

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello everyone, all the best to those who have applied for the 820/801.

A couple of questions, sorry if i missed them in the thread.

Once the 820 is granted, do I just wait for the supposed 2 years for the 801 to be granted? I understand if they need updated docs such as police check...etc

If not, will they notify me when to apply a separate 801 form? Or can I just apply straight after the 820 grant?

Thanks a bunch!
If you wasn't granted 801 shortly after the 820 grant, you're most likely having to manually apply for 801 when the 24 months waiting period ends. The dept will send you an email reminder towards the end of it, and you may start uploading your application 1 month in advance, ie. at the 23rd months. The list of required documents and relationship evidence for the past 24 months can be found on the department website.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ladies and gentlemen good afternoon, I made my partner visa application on 2019 July haven't been assigned any officer, I did my medical immediately and as I can see here guys saying, medical results expire in 12 months, this means mine expired 6 months ago, do I need them to ask me for anything check or I should just do it,??it's 18 month since nothing from them am bored, please help
If it's relatively easy to get yourself booked in for a health assessment within a week, then probably wait until a RFI is received. A number of onshore applications are taking the full 26 months or even longer to be processed nowadays.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for your help.
You certainly won't get penalised for not able to upload a requested document within the given timeframe, but that will definitely delay the processing time of your application as your case is not in a decision-ready state and will be left aside by your CO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You certainly won't get penalised for not able to upload a requested document within the given timeframe, but that will definitely delay the processing time of your application as your case is not in a decision-ready state and will be left aside by your CO.
That's what I feared. Do you know if there is any way to get a faster appointment? The online booking systems for both showed nothing available closer but it's my understanding that people often get this done quickly. Perhaps I will give them a call. It's just disappointing in that I would have readily tried to book these appointments before but always feared I would do them too early.

Sammy J: Absolutely, you are right, 888 is definitely needed! My bad. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for your help.
Hi,

Seems like things are moving faster because I received my RFI s56 (police check and medicals) last 15 December in the middle of closing down of offices because of the holidays and I applied for 820 on April 2019.
I panicked because the earliest I could get for medical appointment was around Feb 2021 and I was pregnant too (20 weeks at that time, thus chest X-ray was safe to do so) but anyway i stayed on Bupa platform refreshing it and I got medical appointment the next day 16 Dec 20, so I took the chance and just did it because I didn't want to wait until Feb because I will be 3rd trimester by then and don't know if I will be comfortable moving around.

So just an advice maybe check the bupa website if you can reschedule to an earlier date because sometimes people cancel / reschedule and that opens up a slot.

Also, since they asked me to get overseas police check (I'm from Philippines) it took 20 days for my application to get to my home country, then processed in one day then my mom just sent me a scanned copy and I uploaded straight away to my immi account.

To reduce my anxiety because I knew it will take longer than 28 days, I uploaded my proofs (receipts) that I applied for police checks and sent an email to them saying that it will take more than 28 days and asked for an extension (they never replied to me but atleast I have proof that I did all my part)

I'm still waiting for their reply to this day after I uploaded all their requested requirement. Hoping for a positive acceptance any day now tho! (Just keeping a positive mind)

6321 - 6340 of 6595 Posts