We met October 2016
Been living together since mid 2017
Got married January 2019
820 application March 2020 with an agent for the sake of my sanity
RFI Jan 2021
Med check and police check done mid Feb 2021
820 granted today
Country of origin: Indonesia

I would say its pretty lucky considering I didn't supply any additional document since March 20 because too lazy 😅

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, long time lurker here.

My subclass 820 got granted today! Here's my timeline as i know some people find comfort in seeing other peoples journey's:

Partner (Aus)
Applicant (English/British)

Applying in Sydney, No agent used.

Application: 820/801

First met: June 2015
Began dating: Sept 2016
Exclusive Relationship began: November 2016
Engaged: March 2018
Married: April 2019

Please note, my wife and I did not live together until we got married due to religious beliefs. But we would consider Nov 2016 to be the start of our committed relationship.

Applied 820/801: June 29 2019
General 'Application in progress' email: June 30 2020 & Dec 29 2020.
RFI s56: January 29 2021 (for British ACRO police clearance, AFP check & Medical Exam).

At this point I had uploaded minimal evidence so I took a week off of work to upload around 70 documents (although there were multiple uploads with combined documents so it was realistically around double that).

All evidence and RFI s56 supplied: March 16 2021 (status updated to further assessment)

Subclass 820 granted: March 17 2021.

I was so stoked to get the email! I'm curious though, do I qualify to be granted a subclass 801 anytime soon? I've seen people granted the 820 then the 801 a few days later. If not, what are the next steps?

Thanks in advance!
Firstly - congratulations!!

Secondly I've just received my RFI s56 for my partners Health Exam (booked in early May which was the earliest slot I could get)/ overseas Police Check (appointment booked at embassy on Monday but will take 2 - 3 months to receive) - so I'm worried about the 'need to be done in 28 day' note in the s56 letter. So just curious if you wrote to them directly to let them know you needed additional time? Or did you just upload receipts of your payments/bookings and then the full documents when they arrived?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My partner got his 820 grant today!!! It was processed in just over 8 months. Here's our timeline.

Partner (Aus)
Applicant (USA)

Application: 820/801
No agent used.

First met: March 2017
Exclusive Relationship began: July 2017
Lived together as De Facto partners: September 2019
Applied for 820: 23 July 2020
RFI (medicals and police certificates): 26 February 2021
Info submitted: 21 March 2021
820 Grant: 27 March 2021

·
Registered
173 Posts
Firstly - congratulations!!

Secondly I've just received my RFI s56 for my partners Health Exam (booked in early May which was the earliest slot I could get)/ overseas Police Check (appointment booked at embassy on Monday but will take 2 - 3 months to receive) - so I'm worried about the 'need to be done in 28 day' note in the s56 letter. So just curious if you wrote to them directly to let them know you needed additional time? Or did you just upload receipts of your payments/bookings and then the full documents when they arrived?
If you will read the help on the Immi account page, one of the options under attach documents is "Medical Examination, Evidence of Intention to Undergo"
The help on this clearly states "Provide evidence of your intention to undergo a medical examination. This may include a certified copy of your receipt for a medical examination."
Same applies to Police Checks. So try checking the application help before coming to the forum as I did many times!

But no action is NOT a good response to S56!!
Ignore Cannon's flippant response! Keep them informed
I am finalising my own S56 received on 3rd March for AFP checks (mine took over 3 weeks due to interstate checks) as well as the dreaded evidence of relationship :(
So I have until 31st March to complete everything

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you will read the help on the Immi account page, one of the options under attach documents is "Medical Examination, Evidence of Intention to Undergo" The help on this states
"Provide evidence of your intention to undergo a medical examination. This may include a certified copy of your receipt for a medical examination.
So try checking the application help before coming to the forum!
I'd actually already uploaded the receipt of the payment and booking confirmation in the Intention to Undergo section well before the S56 was sent to us - so as the medical was still included in the request and gave the 28 day timeframe I had to assume it wasn't being considered. But thanks for the info will just go back to lurking and not posting haha

Yeah, I will definitely still contact them to let them know we will require an extension (thankfully moved the medical forward and have the AFP), but still won't get the Japanese police check for 2 - 3 months 😞

Goodluck getting yours together too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
s56 Request

Hello! I received a s56 request earlier this month to just provide updated overseas police checks for both myself and my sponsor. I have received these and uploaded to Immi 2 weeks ago, however have not heard anything since.

Do I need to reply to the s56 email and let them know I have uploaded the new police checks? Or did they already receive some kind of notification from Immi when I uploaded them? I just don't want to miss the 28 day deadline in case I'm supposed to reply to the email. It looks like my visa processing office is London.

Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello! I received a s56 request earlier this month to just provide updated overseas police checks for both myself and my sponsor. I have received these and uploaded to Immi 2 weeks ago, however have not heard anything since.

Do I need to reply to the s56 email and let them know I have uploaded the new police checks? Or did they already receive some kind of notification from Immi when I uploaded them? I just don't want to miss the 28 day deadline in case I'm supposed to reply to the email. It looks like my visa processing office is London.

Thank you!
At the bottom of of the 'Attach Documents' page make sure you press the button labeled "I confirm I have provided information as requested"
This sends them a notification 🙂

·
Registered
6,620 Posts

Thank you!
I think they would usually look at the account 28 days after they did the request.

If you click the "I have submitted" button, they may look earlier.

I don't think they ever reply to say they have received it. You just keep waiting until the next question or the decision.

·
Registered
173 Posts
J&E is correct that they never respond with an acknowledgement - too much to ask for $7,000+?

Although I have yet to see a decision in general you will hear nothing until another request is made - sometimes 12 months later.
Nothing personal - they are equally and impartially incompetent to everybody it seems.

The only exception in our experience has been a couple of phone calls to my wife (then fiancee) to clarify the request and suggest another required action.
If they had spoken to me it would have been MUCH clearer but it is what is was!

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
J&E is correct that they never respond with an acknowledgement - too much to ask for $7,000+?
They may choose to spend time working on visas, rather than replying to possibly thousands of uploads every day, just to say they have received it.

The IMMI account shows what we uploaded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also got s56 asking for overseas police checks and medical - despite contacting processing office a couple of weeks ago to let them know medical appointment was booked but isn't until early May due to the known backlogs on visa medicals. Already uploaded the receipts etc at the time of booking so not sure why they've done this, just seems like a formality?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone,

I hoped someone could help me with the below.

I'm unsure what evidence I should provide under the category "Nature of the couple's household, Evidence of"

Here's what I provided for the other categories:

• Couple are living together, Evidence of: Provided detailed financial transactions showing we shared major assets + day to day financial transactions showing we lived together
  • Length of the de facto relationship, Evidence of: Here we provided pictures of my partner and I from our first date, to when we entered an exclusive relationship to when we moved in together and lived together + social aspect of our relationships + proof of travels together.
  • Nature of the couple's mutual commitment to each other: here we provided 2 statutory declarations covering the 4 pillars as per below:
  1. how the relationship started and developed over time. (emotional support etc)
  2. when we entered a de-facto relationship (committed to a shared life & living together)
  3. nature of the couple's household (house chores, shared housework responsibilities, share finance etc)
  4. Our future plans

After providing all the above, I'm struggling to find what else I should provide under the "Nature of the couple's household, Evidence of" category. I feel like we've already covered this aspect in our statutory declaration?

If anyone had any advice or examples of what we could be adding here it would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A list of a few living together evidence that I used:

Emails from our real estate agent
emails and notices for furniture deliveries
any mail we get or emails we have with our address on it- seperate or with both our names i.e paypal receipts, online orders, emails from uni showing address
Ubereats account (show orders with delivery address thats home)
Ikea and Costco family memberships and receipts showing membership numbers (Ikea writes your postcode on the receipt and Costco usually only allows a second card holder that lives at your address)
Work payslips have address on it
texts from friends/family coming to our house
emails/texts to us both from people working on our house
charity donations with our names/address on it
car insurance writes our cars are parked at our address

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you very much Popcorn for taking the time to share this list.
I really appreciate it!
This has given me a couple of ideas, this is great!

·
Registered
27 Posts
At the bottom of of the 'Attach Documents' page make sure you press the button labeled "I confirm I have provided information as requested"
This sends them a notification 🙂
Hey, sorry I must be blind but I cannot find that button on my page.
In the "attach documents" section, when a click on a category to upload a file, the only button I have after I selected my document is "attach"

I scrolled all the way down and there is no "I confirm I have provided information a requested"

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the button"

I've uploaded all my documents and I would be keen to send them a hint that my application is ready to be reviewed

EDIT: It seems like this button only appear when you were specifically asked extra information by the department of home affairs.

"Confirming you have provided the requested information
If the Department has sent correspondence requesting information, you should attach it as soon as possible. When you have provided all the requested information, select the I confirm I have provided information as requested control. This lets processing staff know that the application is ready to assess. If you do not select this control, the application will be assessed on the information available after the time you were given to provide the additional information has expired."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, sorry I must be blind but I cannot find that button on my page.
In the "attach documents" section, when a click on a category to upload a file, the only button I have after I selected my document is "attach"

I scrolled all the way down and there is no "I confirm I have provided information a requested"

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the button"

I've uploaded all my documents and I would be keen to send them a hint that my application is ready to be reviewed

EDIT: It seems like this button only appear when you were specifically asked extra information by the department of home affairs.

"Confirming you have provided the requested information
If the Department has sent correspondence requesting information, you should attach it as soon as possible. When you have provided all the requested information, select the I confirm I have provided information as requested control. This lets processing staff know that the application is ready to assess. If you do not select this control, the application will be assessed on the information available after the time you were given to provide the additional information has expired."

When you log in to Immi, click the "Attach Documents" on the left side menu. Then scroll all the way down past the list of documents/sections, and the button should appear at the bottom. You will only be able to click it after you have uploaded documents, but it should still appear there:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
This forum has been immensely helpful keeping me sane over the waiting period, and I want to thank everyone that has contributed to the discussion.
My question is regarding the time taken after the Dept sends a Request for Further Information - I received one on the 02/02/21 to do my medical tests. I happened to have them booked for the week after, fortunately, so I was able to have it finalised by 16/02. I clicked the button on the attachments page to confirm I've submitted everything, and I replied to the email I received confirming the same. From what I've read, they will process the application usually within a couple of weeks. I haven't heard a peep since, so I'm wondering if I should be contacting them again through the same email ID (the temporary processing centre from VIC)?
The email I received was from a Team 4, and not a specific Case Officer, so I'm not sure what that means either. The current status is Further Assessment.
Basically, how much longer can it be expected to take now?
Timeline:
Applied: 09/09/19 (Loaded docs by 01/20, regularly updated police checks and relationship info as required)
Request for further info: 02/02/21
Medical submitted: 16/02/21
Hey @kdalvi did you ever hear back from them? I have the same processing office and team :)

6521 - 6540 of 6742 Posts