Australia Forum banner

6541 - 6560 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @Aussie_Oi,
Still nothing. I did end up sending an email, but didn't hear back (wasn't really expecting to, I guess...just felt like I was trying, at least).
Hey @kdalvi, thank you so much for your reply. I submitted my RFI yesterday and got my 820 grant today. I was hoping for a double grant as I have been in a committed relationship for over 3 years at the time of my application in Nov 2019.

Have you been in a long-term partnership for at least 3 years at the time of your application? If so, maybe yours is taking longer as they may be considering you for a double grant? I am hopeful for you! Do keep me posted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey @kdalvi, thank you so much for your reply. I submitted my RFI yesterday and got my 820 grant today. I was hoping for a double grant as I have been in a committed relationship for over 3 years at the time of my application in Nov 2019.

Have you been in a long-term partnership for at least 3 years at the time of your application? If so, maybe yours is taking longer as they may be considering you for a double grant? I am hopeful for you! Do keep me posted!
Hi did you request for 801 consideration when you lodge your application?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone

I just received s56 request for more information from the department regarding my partner visa onshore application. They asked for my health examination and mor evidence on my relationship prior to lodgement. Health examination was already booked, however for more evidence I already uploaded every single document that is required, I satisfied every aspect.

Do they mean updated evidence? Because I can upload updated evidence, I have it all. But it's frustrating that it goes "evidence prior to applying for this visa" in their mail.

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm open to any professional help from migration agents and ready to work with them.

If someone can help me asap, as I only have 28 days to upload these documents.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts

Amazing news, congrats! We don't fulfil the 3 year requirement, so that doesn't seem to be the reason. Hoping to provide my own good news soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I did, via email but no response!
By the way, do you know how long is the grant after the rfi? I got a request for more info after 5 mos. I was surprise bec I thought it will take a year.I was also hoping to get a double grant as Im in defacto relationship for 8years when we lodge the application. I came here as a student (bachelors) then Im on my last year of graduate working visa. We didnt really apply partners before bec we thought only straight couples can do partners visa.
Thank you!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
do you know how long is the grant after the rfi?
It varies. On two of our visas, one was the next day, the other was about 6 months. I have seen some people say it came some time after their 3rd RFI. Some visa applicants never get an RFI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It varies. On two of our visas, one was the next day, the other was about 6 months. I have seen some people say it came some time after their 3rd RFI. Some visa applicants never get an RFI.
[/QU
thank you 😌

·
Registered
4 Posts
thank you 😌
Was really nervous now bec I just received it yesterday. It asked for a new police clearance, new passport( as mine is expired) and medicals. I just lodge it Nov 2020. I need to fly in to Sydney to renew my passport and they need it in 28 days. Tho I know they will give an extension

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was really nervous now bec I just received it yesterday. It asked for a new police clearance, new passport( as mine is expired) and medicals. I just lodge it Nov 2020. I need to fly in to Sydney to renew my passport and they need it in 28 days. Tho I know they will give an extension
I understand that the RFI can cause some of us to be anxious. If it helps, try to break it down to bite-sized tasks. Apply for your new police clearance and medical examination and upload the receipts and you are done - there is nothing more you can do but to (i) upload the new police clearance when that arrives and (ii) attend your medical.

For your passport, if you are unable to renew that within 28 days, show DoHA that you have taken steps to do so during the 28 days and that you are in the process of getting it done. For example, upload a letter explaining the situation and attach a receipt of your flight bookings, receipt for passport renewal, etc.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
820 granted today after 4 months wait

21 December 2020: lodged visa and sponsorship ourselves

March 2021: BVA activated, received general purpose letter, completed health check, uploaded both AFP certificates

1 April 2021: s56 request for overseas police check (uploaded 7 days later)
12 April 2021: 820 grant

Our relationship 2 years, 8 months.
My partner was on a student visa
No agent

Processing offices: QLD, VIC, Australian Embassy Bangkok, then granted in QLD.

I really appreciate the information that's shared in this community, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As soon as he applies (before the expiry of his current student visa), he will receive a Bridging visa A with no work limitation.
The BVA will become active once his student visa expires. Up until the expiry date, he will have to abide by his student visa conditions.
Hi there - I just had another couple of questions if you don't mind me asking!
We are preparing to apply. His current student visa expires in July, should we be rushing to apply as soon as possible or do you think it's OK to submit the application in July?
Also, once he has the BVA, does he have access to Medicare?
Thank you
James

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi there - I just had another couple of questions if you don't mind me asking!
We are preparing to apply. His current student visa expires in July, should we be rushing to apply as soon as possible or do you think it's OK to submit the application in July?
Also, once he has the BVA, does he have access to Medicare?
Thank you
James
If you can apply early, do so. But at least a week or two before the other visa expires, just in case of any last minute issues. Website down etc., which has caught a few people out.

You can enrol in Medicare if you live in Australia and have applied for the 820/801 visa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you can apply early, do so. But at least a week or two before the other visa expires, just in case of any last minute issues. Website down etc., which has caught a few people out.

You can enrol in Medicare if you live in Australia and have applied for the 820/801 visa.
Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts

March 2021: BVA activated, received general purpose letter, completed health check, uploaded both AFP certificates

No agent

I really appreciate the information that's shared in this community, thanks everyone!
hey popcorn! I have a similar timeline to you and same processing office - I was wondering how long it took between you uploading your RFI and grant?

thank you! And congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts

No agent

Hi Popcorn,
I just wanted to ask - you applied on 21st of December and BVA activated March - I thought the BVA was immediate when application lodged? Is it normal to have 3 month wait time?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and came across the site when researching what is required for applying for partner visa.
I am looking to sponser my husband who is currently on a student visa. We met Aug 2020 and got married a few weeks ago on 20th of March 2021. (Very quick I know.. but when you know you know it's the right one!! 😉 We are not young kids and both been through quite a lot which helped knowing what we are seriously looking for.)

I have read for de facto relationship you will need to be living together for at least 12 months, my question is - does this apply to married couples?
Also his student visa will expire in August so we are planning to apply in June or July which means we won't have been in a relationship for 12 months at initial application. Will the application be rejected straight away or will it still be considered based on the information we provide?

When we do apply and he receives the bridging visa, does this kick in straight away or it has to wait until the current student visa expires in August?

We have been living together since October 2020 and have shared joint bank account. the household utilities are also in shared names. In terms of proving the genuine state of commitment I think we can do so, but just worried that as it's been a very short time it won't even be considered?

Thank you all in advance! 🙏

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey popcorn! I have a similar timeline to you and same processing office - I was wondering how long it took between you uploading your RFI and grant?

thank you! And congrats!
Hi!

We got the RFI 1st April for my partner's overseas police check from Pakistan.

We uploaded it 8 April (on Thursday). The grant came through on 12 April (on Monday).

When I uploaded the police check I wrote 'RFI Character overseas police check.APPLICATION DECISION READY [our file number] [our application ID]'

We were expecting an RFI soon because we did the medical and our file limit was almost full, so the PC was the last thing we needed.

I should also mention that I planned to apply for our visa in 2019, as his visa was to expire in March 2021 and we thought that by the time his student visa expires, our application would have progressed because we got in early. But we waited to lodge in December 2020. I started collecting evidence in 2018, so it feels like we've been waiting a long time for this visa. We're lucky he was only on a bridging visa for like 3 weeks

Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Popcorn,
I just wanted to ask - you applied on 21st of December and BVA activated March - I thought the BVA was immediate when application lodged? Is it normal to have 3 month wait time?
Thanks!
hi!

The bridging visa will activate the day after the current visa expires. When you apply for an onshore partner visa, you'll get the bridging visa A grant letter automatically. Since your partner currently has a visa, he will have to wait until it expires, for the bridging visa to start. Immi will know that your partner is on a visa and it will show up on the letter.

My partner's visa expired on 15 March 2021, so we waited until there was a few months left on his visa to lodge, knowing that the bridging is NOT ACTIVE, until it was 16 March 2021, when he was on a bridging visa A

I attached the BVA grant letter so you can see what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi!

The bridging visa will activate the day after the current visa expires. When you apply for an onshore partner visa, you'll get the bridging visa A grant letter automatically. Since your partner currently has a visa, he will have to wait until it expires, for the bridging visa to start. Immi will know that your partner is on a visa and it will show up on the letter.

My partner's visa expired on 15 March 2021, so we waited until there was a few months left on his visa to lodge, knowing that the bridging is NOT ACTIVE, until it was 16 March 2021, when he was on a bridging visa A

I attached the BVA grant letter so you can see what it looks like.
Ah! of course, that makes sense now. Thank you so much!

6541 - 6560 of 6595 Posts