Australia Forum banner

6581 - 6600 of 6629 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Popcorn

My parter lodged her 820/801 application last night and we will be front loading our application to give her every chance for the process to be accelerated. We dont mind paying for police/heath checks again if they expire if it gives us a chance of a faster approval. She didn't received her BVA grant letter in her email automatically once we paid last night however it does say on IMMI that she has been granted a bridging visa for her application on 17/04/2021.

Did it take a few days for you to receive the BVA letter? Note her current WHV expires in July 8th so we has plenty of time to receive it.

Kind Regards
Peter
Hi Peter, her BVA should come today or tomorrow latest, check your email spam maybe?. Did you get an acknowledgment letter of a valid application emailed to you automatically after she lodged?

I think our BVA came a day late because we paid BPay and we had to wait for immi to acknowledge that they received a valid application, post-lodgement.

Good luck to you and your partner:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Popcorn
Yes we paid last night with a debit card and the payment was processed successfully. We received the acknowledgement letter of a valid application immediately in our emails but not the BVA letter just yet. On the immi portal under bridging visa it says "this applicant was granted a bridging visa on 17/04/2021" just don't have the letter yet. I will ask my partner to check her junk when she get's home.

Regard
Peter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Peter, her BVA should come today or tomorrow latest, check your email spam maybe?. Did you get an acknowledgment letter of a valid application emailed to you automatically after she lodged?

I think our BVA came a day late because we paid BPay and we had to wait for immi to acknowledge that they received a valid application, post-lodgement.

Hi Popcorn
Yes we paid last night with a debit card and the payment was processed successfully. We received the acknowledgement letter of a valid application immediately in our emails but not the BVA letter just yet. On the immi portal under bridging visa it says "this applicant was granted a bridging visa on 17/04/2021" just don't have the letter yet. I will ask my partner to check her junk when she get's home.

Regard
Peter

·
Registered
17 Posts

Out of curiousily is the BVA email and letter available in your immi?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Popcorn

Regard
Peter
Out of curiousily is the BVA email and letter available in your immi?
Yes you're right! you can download it from immi, in 'messages'. there's a hyperlink. i'ts the emails that immigration sends you. Her BVA should come today, I lodged my partner's at night and it came late afternoon the next day I believe. She will definitely get one! If she doesnt, contact immi so they can issue her one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Popcorn I am the Sponsor (Peter) and my Partner Patricia is the Applicant. Yes I just completed my sponsorship part of the application this morning. Hoping the BVA arrives by tonight otherwise I will call IMMI on Monday. .
Hi Popcorn the BVA still hasnt arrived even though it says on iMMI that one was issued. Not sure who to call to resolve this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Popcorn the BVA still hasnt arrived even though it says on iMMI that one was issued. Not sure who to call to resolve this. Any thoughts?
Really? I would give immigration a call to say the BVA hasn't been issued. Have your application details ready, they'll ask for your partner's application ID etc to have a look. Also try to send a quick email.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Really? I would give immigration a call to say the BVA hasn't been issued. Have your application details ready, they'll ask for your partner's application ID etc to have a look. Also try to send a quick email.
I'm assuming iMMI
Im assuming 131 881 is the correct number for immi?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes thats right!
[/QUOT

They reassured me she has a bridging visa it just hasn't been issued yet. It can take a number of days they said. They advised if it hasn't come through in a few weeks to call back and that they can give my partner the visa grant number so she can check on VEVO once her current visa expires in roughly 2 months time. They confirmed her email address and everything is correct just hasn't been processed and issued yet. I think gone are the days of BVA being issued immediately with application. The lovely lady reassured me everything was ok.

·
Registered
51 Posts
oh okay thats good you got through to someone. still, the grant letter should have been emailed to you guys automatically. I would follow up with an email now and even next week if you haven't received anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh okay thats good you got through to someone. still, the grant letter should have been emailed to you guys automatically. I would follow up with an email now and even next week if you haven't received anything.
We received the visa grant and confirmation of payment immediately when we lodged on immi and visa email. Just not the bridging visa letter. I will give it another week then call back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hej Guys,
My 820 has been granted 07-04-2021. I remembered that I'd like to see other couples timeline while I was waiting, hahaha, so here comes ours:
Met through travelling 22/03/2018
my partner visited me two times on April and May 2018.
I got my first tourist visa August 2018, visited him around 20 days in Australia.
mid-September 2018, he followed me back home, and we lived together until mid-Jan.2019.
I got my second tourist visa 05/2019 to 08/2019, I got my medical check (valid 1.5 years) because it was three months tourist visa,
12/08/2019, we submitted the application. (before my tourist visa expired)
( we did not know anything about BVA, I booked my return flight already, so I just left Australia without BVA or before they gave BVA to me.)
I got my the third tourist visa 11/2019 to 02/2020, and of course I got BVA automatically when tourist visa expired.
we are lazy people, so far, we only sent some easy paper work like passport copy and ID.
08/2020, auto letter
12/2020, auto letter
01/2021, auto letter
01/2021, we started to applied for AFP, and made appointment with medical check again.
02/2021, S56
03/2021, we uploaded AFP, medical check, and so on.
07/04/2021 granted
PS: we are not married; we do not like to have registered marriage paper because of 820/801; we do not need a joint account, so we did not apply for a joint account just because of 820/801; we share the expenses of course. I believe immigration officers can see if you are in love or it is true love.
good luck everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
g'day! posting a very small update to my original post:

Finally lodged our 820/801 online this morning and have been uploading everything I can since. Was planning on front loading as much as possible, but I think I'll hold off on the police and medical checks for at least a month or so, based on what I'm reading here.
after lodging the app on 15 january, i received an rfi for police and medical checks today, 22 april. i'd already booked my medical appointment for next month, and the rfi noted that they were aware of that (had uploaded receipt when booked and paid). so, stopped by our local police station in sydney today for some info and they said they can totally help with getting fingerprints to the fbi! will do this weekend. honestly so relieved about that -- was extremely stressed at the prospect of doing all the prints myself.

I just finished undergrad at an Australian university and subsequently received a notification that my Confirmation of Enrolment was no longer valid. I assumed this also meant that my 500 was no longer valid, as it requires a valid CoE. So when lodging the 820/801, I indicated that I do not currently have a substantiative visa, and explained that this was because I had recently graduated. However, my Bridging A grant shows that my 500 will be active until 30 August 2021... even though I already graduated and no longer have a valid CoE? Strange and honestly a bit frustrating as I was very much looking forward to being free from the 500's working restrictions. Oh well. As long as this slight misstep is unlikely to impact the 820/801, I'll just try not to worry so much about it. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?
also, i received no official comments or questions about this, at least not yet. hopefully it won't be an issue at all.

will continue to update with my timeline as it progresses. good luck to everyone else in the meantime!

·
Registered
17 Posts
820 granted today after 4 months wait

21 December 2020: lodged visa and sponsorship ourselves

March 2021: BVA activated, received general purpose letter, completed health check, uploaded both AFP certificates

1 April 2021: s56 request for overseas police check (uploaded 7 days later)
12 April 2021: 820 grant

Our relationship 2 years, 8 months.
My partner was on a student visa
No agent

Processing offices: QLD, VIC, Australian Embassy Bangkok, then granted in QLD.

I really appreciate the information that's shared in this community, thanks everyone!
hi did you need your overseas police check to be notarised? Was there any particular requirement. Trying to figure our what would be acceptable for New York State overseas police check

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi did you need your overseas police check to be notarised? Was there any particular requirement. Trying to figure our what would be acceptable for New York State overseas police check
We didnt get it notarised, I just uploaded a colour scan of it.

We dont event hav the original, my brother in law sent us a scan of it and it was fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
My partner just got her 820 granted today, couldn’t be happier and have to say it went pretty smooth. My partner is Irish and we’ve been de facto for 3 years.

Applied: April 2020
Request for medical and police check: Feb 21
Completed Medical and police check: 21
Request for more info (forgot that I the sponsor needed police check): April 21
Granted: 25 April 21

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

6581 - 6600 of 6629 Posts