Australia Forum banner

6581 - 6595 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Popcorn

My parter lodged her 820/801 application last night and we will be front loading our application to give her every chance for the process to be accelerated. We dont mind paying for police/heath checks again if they expire if it gives us a chance of a faster approval. She didn't received her BVA grant letter in her email automatically once we paid last night however it does say on IMMI that she has been granted a bridging visa for her application on 17/04/2021.

Did it take a few days for you to receive the BVA letter? Note her current WHV expires in July 8th so we has plenty of time to receive it.

Kind Regards
Peter
Hi Peter, her BVA should come today or tomorrow latest, check your email spam maybe?. Did you get an acknowledgment letter of a valid application emailed to you automatically after she lodged?

I think our BVA came a day late because we paid BPay and we had to wait for immi to acknowledge that they received a valid application, post-lodgement.

Good luck to you and your partner:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Popcorn
Yes we paid last night with a debit card and the payment was processed successfully. We received the acknowledgement letter of a valid application immediately in our emails but not the BVA letter just yet. On the immi portal under bridging visa it says "this applicant was granted a bridging visa on 17/04/2021" just don't have the letter yet. I will ask my partner to check her junk when she get's home.

Regard
Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Peter, her BVA should come today or tomorrow latest, check your email spam maybe?. Did you get an acknowledgment letter of a valid application emailed to you automatically after she lodged?

I think our BVA came a day late because we paid BPay and we had to wait for immi to acknowledge that they received a valid application, post-lodgement.

Hi Popcorn
Yes we paid last night with a debit card and the payment was processed successfully. We received the acknowledgement letter of a valid application immediately in our emails but not the BVA letter just yet. On the immi portal under bridging visa it says "this applicant was granted a bridging visa on 17/04/2021" just don't have the letter yet. I will ask my partner to check her junk when she get's home.

Regard
Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts

Out of curiousily is the BVA email and letter available in your immi?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Popcorn

Regard
Peter
Out of curiousily is the BVA email and letter available in your immi?
Yes you're right! you can download it from immi, in 'messages'. there's a hyperlink. i'ts the emails that immigration sends you. Her BVA should come today, I lodged my partner's at night and it came late afternoon the next day I believe. She will definitely get one! If she doesnt, contact immi so they can issue her one

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also did you do your sponsorship part for her visa?
Hi Popcorn I am the Sponsor (Peter) and my Partner Patricia is the Applicant. Yes I just completed my sponsorship part of the application this morning. Hoping the BVA arrives by tonight otherwise I will call IMMI on Monday. .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Popcorn I am the Sponsor (Peter) and my Partner Patricia is the Applicant. Yes I just completed my sponsorship part of the application this morning. Hoping the BVA arrives by tonight otherwise I will call IMMI on Monday. .
Hi Popcorn the BVA still hasnt arrived even though it says on iMMI that one was issued. Not sure who to call to resolve this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Popcorn the BVA still hasnt arrived even though it says on iMMI that one was issued. Not sure who to call to resolve this. Any thoughts?
Really? I would give immigration a call to say the BVA hasn't been issued. Have your application details ready, they'll ask for your partner's application ID etc to have a look. Also try to send a quick email.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really? I would give immigration a call to say the BVA hasn't been issued. Have your application details ready, they'll ask for your partner's application ID etc to have a look. Also try to send a quick email.
I'm assuming iMMI
Im assuming 131 881 is the correct number for immi?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes thats right!
[/QUOT

They reassured me she has a bridging visa it just hasn't been issued yet. It can take a number of days they said. They advised if it hasn't come through in a few weeks to call back and that they can give my partner the visa grant number so she can check on VEVO once her current visa expires in roughly 2 months time. They confirmed her email address and everything is correct just hasn't been processed and issued yet. I think gone are the days of BVA being issued immediately with application. The lovely lady reassured me everything was ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh okay thats good you got through to someone. still, the grant letter should have been emailed to you guys automatically. I would follow up with an email now and even next week if you haven't received anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh okay thats good you got through to someone. still, the grant letter should have been emailed to you guys automatically. I would follow up with an email now and even next week if you haven't received anything.
We received the visa grant and confirmation of payment immediately when we lodged on immi and visa email. Just not the bridging visa letter. I will give it another week then call back

6581 - 6595 of 6595 Posts