Australia Forum banner

6601 - 6617 of 6617 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
A friend of mine got her 820 yesterday! Five months after application, all front loaded.

Looks like front loaded applications are being processed fast! My medical is in two weeks, so hopefully mine gets granted after that soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
TIMELINE: DOUBLE GRANT (820 AND 801) 13 MONTHS
MARRIED: 2013
FIRST APPLICATION *820/801, 2014 BUT I WITHDREW THE APPLICATION AND WENT BACK TO MY COUNTRY.
SECOND APPLICATION (SAME HUSBAND OF COURSE HEHE) : MARCH 2020
WITH AGENT, FRONT LOADED EXEPT MEDICAL
MEDICAL AND POLICE CHECK: APRIL 14, 2021
GRANTED 820 AND 810 SAME TIME - APRIL 28, 2021

·
Registered
5 Posts
820 Visa

Hi Guys,

Applied 15/03/21
Being Assessed 13/03/21
Initial Assessment 29/04/21 (S56 issued)

After reading forum posts here I was not expecting any movement for 12-24 months at all, lets see what they come back with but happy!

Cheers

Mike
So received email today and application has now moved to "Initial Assessment"
I have an S56 for more information, namely for UK police check and additional evidence.
Now working on closing this out.

Progressing quicker than anticipated.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
So received email today and application has now moved to "Initial Assessment"
I have an S56 for more information, namely for UK police check and additional evidence.
Now working on closing this out.

Progressing quicker than anticipated.

Cheers

Mike
Mike

I received a letter today as well that our application has been assigned a CO (Victoria office) and is under assessment. The letter also said to complete required health and background checks. We applied two weeks ago and wasn't expecting to hear anything so soon. We are in the process of completing our background/health checks and all our evidence is already uploaded. Let us know how you go!!

Kind Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike

I received a letter today as well that our application has been assigned a CO (Victoria office) and is under assessment. The letter also said to complete required health and background checks. We applied two weeks ago and wasn't expecting to hear anything so soon. We are in the process of completing our background/health checks and all our evidence is already uploaded. Let us know how you go!!

Kind Regards
I did my visa health checks on 01/04/21 was informed visa wont progress without those being done.

BR

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you everyone!
Got a double grant 820/801 in less than 1 year.
Thanks fantastic !!! . Were you in a defacto relationship for 3 years at the time of application? Ive heard stories of people who dont meet this requirement still getting double grants

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks fantastic !!! . Were you in a defacto relationship for 3 years at the time of application? Ive heard stories of people who dont meet this requirement still getting double grants
Yes. We been together for more than 8 years now. We did the long pathway. I started as a student did bachelors then apply for 485 graduate visa. The visa processing only took 6 mos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,
Can you please tell me what evidence is enough to prove that you live with your partner?
On our lease agreement, my name exist as an occupant, but I have not signed the lease agreement! and my partner's name is there as the tenant.
Do you think that would be a problem as an evidence? Do we have to amend the lease agreement?

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Hi everyone,
Can you please tell me what evidence is enough to prove that you live with your partner?
On our lease agreement, my name exist as an occupant, but I have not signed the lease agreement! and my partner's name is there as the tenant.
Do you think that would be a problem as an evidence? Do we have to amend the lease agreement?
Ours was originally a letter from the landlords saying she was staying with me in the apartment I was renting. We had photos of us both cooking in the kitchen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my 820 Grant yesterday (18 months wait)

Applied: 17 November 2018
820 Granted: 7 May 2020

We'd been together for a year, married a few days before the application. Did all the paperwork ourselves.

The only tip I have: Don't overthink. I did and it made me go crazy!

My application was all front loaded, even submitted renewed police checks without being asked. I submitted over a 100 documents together. Combined multiple documents into single files, organised by headings and sub-heading, stitched 20-30 pictures together into seperate PDFs, and what not!

I think I did it because I was worried we didn't have an agent. But after reading everyone's experiences here, it calmed some nerves.

Seeing everyone get their grants, even for those that applied like 6 months after me, got me worried. I wrote to the different email addresses and never received a response. Basically nothing can guarantee a speedy grant, when it's your turn, it's your turn.

Good luck❤
Hi there,
Can you please explain a little bit more about the format of your evidence and how you gathered multiple docs in one pdf.. did you label or add description to each photo? did you organaize each pdf for a separate subject (such as evidence of cohabitation,etc).
Thanks heaps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there,
Can you please explain a little bit more about the format of your evidence and how you gathered multiple docs in one pdf.. did you label or add description to each photo? did you organaize each pdf for a separate subject (such as evidence of cohabitation,etc).
Thanks heaps
I found it really helpful to login to Immi, click on the "attach documents" button, then you can see how the evidence sections are laid out. In each section, you can also see a drop down menu to choose from to attach your documents - I found this great to decide what evidence I should gather. I then organised folders on my computer for each section and saved all my documentation in there before uploading - was really easy to keep track of it all and then upload all at once.

I grouped similar docs together in one PDF for each section - for example, I grouped all of our utilities invoices together into one PDF, bank statements grouped into another PDF, all plane tickets in one PDF, etc. For photos, I put several on one page with a short caption under each (try to be very selective with what photos you add as there could be so many - ones with each other's family/friends, on holidays together, etc would be best).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there - under identity documents for the 820 visa application, it asks for a birth certificate. Is a copy of the birth certificate sufficient or does it need to be the original document? The original document is currently with my partner's parents in South America! Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found it really helpful to login to Immi, click on the "attach documents" button, then you can see how the evidence sections are laid out. In each section, you can also see a drop down menu to choose from to attach your documents - I found this great to decide what evidence I should gather. I then organised folders on my computer for each section and saved all my documentation in there before uploading - was really easy to keep track of it all and then upload all at once.

I grouped similar docs together in one PDF for each section - for example, I grouped all of our utilities invoices together into one PDF, bank statements grouped into another PDF, all plane tickets in one PDF, etc. For photos, I put several on one page with a short caption under each (try to be very selective with what photos you add as there could be so many - ones with each other's family/friends, on holidays together, etc would be best).
Thank you, very helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife finally received her 820 today.

Timeline:
Applied for 820/801 September 2019
820 Granted 5th May 2020

Now waiting for the 801 Stage 2 process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys!!

im new to this forum! so excited i found it. i’m wondering, do we always get an email to notify us that our visa is being viewed by a CO? i’m wondering this because its been almost 3 months since we applied, and i’ve gone ahead and booked my medical test for a couple weeks time, and am planning on doing the fbi and police clearances in the next couple weeks as well, for the sake of front loading it all :) we applied in mid february 2021.
so i’m wondering, is it silly to be uploading police and medical even if we haven’t heard from a CO? i worry about things expiring but i also heard its possible to be processed faster if we front load. thanks for taking the time to answer! much love!! xx

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
hi guys!!

im new to this forum! so excited i found it. i’m wondering, do we always get an email to notify us that our visa is being viewed by a CO?
No. For some people, the first contact is the grant notification.

For others it is often just a request to supply missing information.

Many applications probably get looked at early, then put to one side waiting for the rest of the information to be uploaded.

I assume that the recent fast grants, in 1 or 2 months, probably supplied a front loaded application. ie: with everything needed, medicals, police checks, etc.

6601 - 6617 of 6617 Posts