Australia Forum banner

6621 - 6627 of 6627 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
How long is a piece of string haha who knows how long they will take but if they have made the s52 requests then you should be very close to a decision, maybe a few days. Once we had the police check and health check in, it was less than a week till approval of 820.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys i have applied for 801/820 in October back in 2019 and then i had CO assigned exactly 12 months after in October 2020. Now few months ago they have requested me to provide them my Police Clearance Certificate from my home country whichever i have already provided and they also requested for medical assessment that i have just done few days ago on 6th of may. Just wondering do you reckon they will issue it now and how long does it takes more after medical assessment as its already been 19 months since i have applied.
Thanks in advance 😇

got the grant after 3 days. I did medical monday then received a grant friday. 😊

·
Registered
3 Posts
How long is a piece of string haha who knows how long they will take but if they have made the s52 requests then you should be very close to a decision, maybe a few days. Once we had the police check and health check in, it was less than a week till approval of 820.
Wow that's good stuff, we're a bit over 2 weeks since all the stuff was sent in as far as I know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some amazing news at 7.30am this morning. I received my grant for the 820 after what feels like forever (20 months).

After receiving the s56 and supplying what they asked for 3 months ago, it has been an especially frustrating wait. I figured it wouldn't hurt to send some sort of document to maybe ping a notification for the CO I was never explicitly assigned, and it looks like it worked?! I supplied a relationship update yesterday afternoon, and BAM...visa!

My timeline is as follows:
Nationality: Indian
Partner: Australian Citizen

Met my partner: May 2017
Moved in together: April 2019 (De facto starts here)
Application submitted: September 2019 - Front loaded, including police clearances for Aus and abroad (and uploaded when validity expires)
12 month notification - September 2020
Relationship update uploaded - September 2020
s56 RFI/Initial Assessment - For Medicals - February 2021
Status Final Assessment - February 2021
Final nerve-racking wait - February 2021 to May 2021
Supplied one last relationship update doc - 07/05/21
820 Grant - 08/05/21 (Woo!)

Thanks to this forum, you've all been great for many reasons. Will definitely hang around and give pointers wherever I can.
All the best everyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys
I am so happy to announce today i finally received my 820 Grant letter. I have applied back in 2019 October and got it today on 12th May. Its been a long annoying wait but eventually once you got your grant letter it all get settle and you forget everything lol.
Therefor now my Question is now when i will be eligible for 801 as this September it will be 24 months being married and we have little 6 months old as well. I have red somewhere that if you’re relationship get 24 months old or over and if you have baby so you can apply staright away is that right just need any opinion if that’s true.
Yeah Just to give follow up from my last message as i have done my Medical last Thursday and here i got my grant on Wednesday within a week it got granted.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
I have applied back in 2019 October and got it today on 12th May. ...
Therefor now my Question is now when i will be eligible for 801 as this September it will be 24 months being married and we have little 6 months old as well. I have red somewhere that if you’re relationship get 24 months old or over and if you have baby so you can apply staright away is that right just need any opinion if that’s true.
A 24 month relationship, with child, at the time of 820 application, is eligible for PR grant.

Otherwise, you are eligible to have the 801 assessed from Oct 2021. 2 years after the 820 application.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Double grant received today!!!!!!! Seriously never thought this day would come 😂 Timeline below:

De Facto Relationship started: May 2017
Started Living together: September 2017
820/801 application: February 2019
s56 request for all evidence: January 2021
s56 request for medical and AFP check: February 2021
Double grant May 2021!
(Processing center was London)

Some info about our experience - we did not front load our application, which in hindsight may have been why ours took 27 months to process, I uploaded all evidence after we received the s56 request. We did not use an agent, did it all ourselves - to be honest, I don't think we would have benefited from an agent, our application was very straightforward. I'm American, partner/sponsor is Aussie born, no kids, and we are engaged but not married yet, heaps of evidence provided.

I did find it really interesting that I received a double grant - we had NOT been in a de facto for 3 years when we first applied as required for a double grant, however it took so long for the 820 to be processed that I was eligible already for the 801 portion so I think they just approved both at the same time since all of our evidence was up to date anyways.

Also to note, it had been about 6 weeks since uploading the requested documents and I had not heard anything - I uploaded a few more random documents of updated evidence today (recent joint bank statement and recent joint utility bill), I think this triggered a notification to them because I received the double grant just a few hours later.

SO excited this portion is finally over!!!!! Hang in there everyone, it'll happen!

6621 - 6627 of 6627 Posts