Australia Forum banner

6641 - 6660 of 6698 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations.

If I was you, I would contact immigration and ask, as nicely as you can, if you could be considered for a double grant, as it was only 4 days out.

It might just be worth it, and you lose nothing by asking.
Thank you for this advice! I have been searching for a way to do this but have been unable to find an appropriate way to contact them. If anyone knows the best way I can reach them for this, I would be immensely grateful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
received 820 grant this morning, 15 may 2021. i waited for the double grant email to no avail, even though we should be eligible based on the length of our relationship at the time of application. i've since sent through a request to have my application re-reviewed for immediate 801 grant via the official web form and will wait patiently for a reply.
after feeling extremely impatient this week i am very happy to say i just received my 801 grant!

i'm not sure what channel was fastest, but i actually sent 3 enquiries: one to the temporary vic email address, one to the permanent vic email address (which i only found out about after receiving the automated email from the temporary address), and then one through the official online form (which i only found out about a little bit later in the day). i didn't write a lot at all, just something like "i was wondering if it was possible to have my application re-reviewed for an immediate grant of the 801 due to the length of my relationship at the time of application (defacto/married 4+ years)" which i guess worked just fine.

best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very happy to say that my partners 820 visa was granted today!

A special thank you to people who have posted their timelines, application tips & tricks, and to all those who have answered any questions I asked/ others asked that I could use, I have found it incredibly helpful.

Our timeline for reference:
  • Relationship started: January 2019
  • Moved in together: August 2019 (for the second 6 month Melbourne lockdown)
  • Applied for 820/801 visa on my partners, behalf without an agent: 4 October 2020
  • General advice letter: 28 February 2021
  • s56 Request for More Information for; medical, sponsor app form, Aus police check and overseas police check: 25 March 2021 (which was a shock and much sooner than I had expected)
  • Uploaded final item (overseas police check) and pressed the 'Information Provided' button on ImmiAccount: 17 May 2021
  • 820 granted: 20 May 2021
Total time: 7 months

Now some months to relax before the 801 phase!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Reactions: wow

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very happy to say that my partners 820 visa was granted today!

A special thank you to people who have posted their timelines, application tips & tricks, and to all those who have answered any questions I asked/ others asked that I could use, I have found it incredibly helpful.

Our timeline for reference:
  • Relationship started: January 2019
  • Moved in together: August 2019 (for the second 6 month Melbourne lockdown)
  • Applied for 820/801 visa on my partners, behalf without an agent: 4 October 2020
  • General advice letter: 28 February 2021
  • s56 Request for More Information for; medical, sponsor app form, Aus police check and overseas police check: 25 March 2021 (which was a shock and much sooner than I had expected)
  • Uploaded final item (overseas police check) and pressed the 'Information Provided' button on ImmiAccount: 17 May 2021
  • 820 granted: 20 May 2021
Total time: 7 months

Now some months to relax before the 801 phase!
I too clicked the button on Wednesday just past and hoping for similar result 🤞

·
Registered
2 Posts
after feeling extremely impatient this week i am very happy to say i just received my 801 grant!

i'm not sure what channel was fastest, but i actually sent 3 enquiries: one to the temporary vic email address, one to the permanent vic email address (which i only found out about after receiving the automated email from the temporary address), and then one through the official online form (which i only found out about a little bit later in the day). i didn't write a lot at all, just something like "i was wondering if it was possible to have my application re-reviewed for an immediate grant of the 801 due to the length of my relationship at the time of application (defacto/married 4+ years)" which i guess worked just fine.

best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
i didn't write a lot at all, just something like "i was wondering if it was possible to have my application re-reviewed for an immediate grant of the 801 due to the length of my relationship at the time of application (defacto/married 4+ years)" which i guess worked just fine.
That does seem to cover what is needed.

I think they just need a polite reminder to rectify missing it originally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrat Hume, very excited for you, congratulation! I have tried few different ways to contact the Department, but it seems does not work. I am very grateful if you could share the Department email address Vic. I have been trying for few months now. Thank you very much Hume

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just got my 820 approved in 3 months and 21 days.

02 Feb 2021: Lodged application without a migration agent
03 March 2021: IMMI General Purpose Advice Letter to an Applicant
15 March 2021: Health examination and police clearance done. By that date I had uploaded all evidence + 2x statutory declaration
20 April 2021: Received a letter saying my sponsor hadn't lodged in her application. It was my mistake, I didn't know my partner had to lodge in an application as well. I think if we had done so, my visa would have been granted on April 20th when an officer looked at our case. Anyway, my partner lodged in her application for sponsorship on the same day.
22 May 2021: Visa granted.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just got my 801 approved in 3 months and 21 days.

02 Feb 2021: Lodged application without a migration agent
03 March 2021: IMMI General Purpose Advice Letter to an Applicant
15 March 2021: Health examination and police clearance done. By that date I had uploaded all evidence + 2x statutory declaration
20 April 2021: Received a letter saying my sponsor hadn't lodged in her application. It was my mistake, I didn't know my partner had to lodge in an application as well. I think if we had done so, my visa would have been granted on April 20th when an officer looked at our case. Anyway, my partner lodged in her application for sponsorship on the same day.
22 May 2021: Visa granted.
Congratulations.

Just to confirm, was that the 820 granted. Or did you get the 801 grant (PR) aswell?

Reactions: cel960

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations.

Just to confirm, was that the 820 granted. Or did you get the 801 grant (PR) aswell?
Sorry I meant to say 820. I edited my post.

We couldn't get the 801 granted at the same time as the 820 as we didn't meet the requirements.
We lodged in our 820 application on our 1 year anniversary living together.
2-year de-facto relationship
1-year living together.
(by the time of application)

Really couldn't be happier, when I was starting to plan to apply for the partner visa end of 2020, waiting times announced were 2+ years, browsing the internet and forums I would see people that have been waiting for 2 or even 3 years in some instances which was depressing to be honest.

Getting our 820 in 3 months is just so unexpected

Hope everyone gets theirs soon as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, can anyone help me with the email address for the 820 visa?
I heard about "Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form", but it seems to be for the ones who are granted for 820, mine is still under processing. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
This might help: Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form
We used it for something.
Thank you so much. I did use this form and this morning on 24 May received our 801 grant. I'm so grateful for people like you who continue to share your experiences and advice just to help as well as the community here going through this together. I honestly did not think this would work for us and had resigned to submitting our 801 application in July 2022, but you were right, we had nothing to lose and something to gain. Bit in shock if I'm honest!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Have been reading this forum throughout the process.

820 approved.

April 2019: Relationship began
June 2020: Registered as DeFacto
August 2020: Application submitted, front loaded with police checks. Used a migration agent.
January 2021: Agent advised to book medical. First appointment was April 2021.
April 2021: Medical completed. RFI for police cert from home country (this was previously provided in initial application). I got this quite quickly and uploaded 14/4/21.
25 May 2021: 820 visa granted.

Processing time just under 9 months. Delighted and very grateful that it has come through so quickly.

Hang in their everyone who is reading this!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hi everyone,

820 approved.

August 2020: Application submitted, front loaded with police checks. Used a migration agent.
April 2021: Medical completed. RFI for police cert from home country (this was previously provided in initial application). I got this quite quickly and uploaded 14/4/21.

Processing time just under 9 months. Delighted and very grateful that it has come through so quickly.

What is the applicants nationality, and how long in Australia before applying?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi!

We've been together for 2 years and 7 months since 2018.

I don't want to say its the best idea, but i had a feeling that it immi would look at our account in the first 12 months. In our minds, we aimed to have the usual RFI items done by the 3rd month after we lodged. we wanted to beat immi to the RFI and get everything done before they asked.

We front-loaded our evidence, we had about 165 uploaded. In march got a last-minute medical exam appointment and our AFP certificates. We were already applying for the overseas police check and contacted the police station overseas so they could have it done quicker. When we got our RFI, the overseas police check came a week later and the 820 grant came 4 days after.

Also I know someone applying for a particular offshore visa for their family member, and they contacted immi and immi said that their family member should apply for a visitor visa, because immigration offices are giving attention to visitor visa's, partner visas and some other subclasses because of COVID. So, it just made sense for us to apply for police checks and medical early, if there are apparently more offices processing partner visas.
Hey popcorn, here's another question.
Could you please elaborate on how many pages you went for your statement, partner's statement and also the witness statement? did you follow a format or did you just go your way explaining the milestones of the relationship? what did you witnesses add to their statement?
I appreciate the details, thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey popcorn, here's another question.
Could you please elaborate on how many pages you went for your statement, partner's statement and also the witness statement? did you follow a format or did you just go your way explaining the milestones of the relationship? what did you witnesses add to their statement?
I appreciate the details, thanks.
I wrote mine and my partner’s statement-both were different in writing style but the same details. I asked him what he wanted to include and added them in. My relationship statement was 12 pages, and my partner’s 10 pages- only because I double spaced it and short paragraphs so its easier to read. If I could write it in less, I would have. We followed the format the department gave: how our relationship developed, financial, social, our commitment, living together. (About 2 pages for each ‘aspect’)

I had my siblings as 888 witnesses. I wrote both of their statements as well.

I basically wrote everyones statements, based on their experiences/thoughts I assumed lol, so that it was all the correct dates, no discrepancies in certain details, no excused for them to say they’re too busy to write one and then write one in 5 mins. Obviously, I showed them what I wrote and once we were happy with it, my siblings got it certified.

The first page of the 888 form writes:
  • Purpose of this form
    When assessing a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa application, the Department of Home Affairs (the Department) must consider the social aspects of the claimed relationship. The Department will use the information provided in this form (your statements), among other things, to assess these aspects.

For our 888’s, it covered social and other relationship aspects. It mentioned how my partner and I spend out social life, that we go out with friends and family and they come to our home, that the witness knows we have been to certain places together as a couple, we share money with examples and a few examples showing emotional support and that the witness has seen and heard this themselves.

The visa application only asks for 2 888’s and I think that’s enough really. so give REAL details/examples of things that have happened in your relationship. Don’t copy the samples you see online or anything like that, I’ve seen a partner visa refusal letter, they had heaps of witness statements but all were ‘generic’ and the department didn’t give it weight, which is such a miss.

I wouldn't go into detail with what I wrote in my statement on this forum, what we have been through is not the same as anyone else lives. I don't think our relationship had heaps of milestones or anything interesting. I wrote about what is important for me and him.

I know migration agents can help you write statements that are tailored for you, if you are really stuck or review your documents to see if it is enough

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

820 approved.

Congratulations on your visa firstly!

Which processing office was it?

I submitted my RFI on the 12th of April and still havent heard anything:cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations on your visa firstly!

Which processing office was it?

I submitted my RFI on the 12th of April and still havent heard anything:cry:
I too submitted everything and still waiting, the 28 days ends tomorrow so hoping for positive result. I want to change jobs and my 482 visa is tied to my current employer, changing employers is a real pain on this visa and I am excited by the freedom the 820 will give in that regard.

6641 - 6660 of 6698 Posts