Australia Forum banner

6661 - 6680 of 6698 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too submitted everything and still waiting, the 28 days ends tomorrow so hoping for positive result. I want to change jobs and my 482 visa is tied to my current employer, changing employers is a real pain on this visa and I am excited by the freedom the 820 will give in that regard.
I feel you! I'm not tied on that visa but dont want to leave my current job that I hate while on a bridging visa as I don't think that makes me very employable. hopefully we get an answer soon! Where is your processing office?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I wrote mine and my partner’s statement-both were different in writing style but the same details. I asked him what he wanted to include and added them in. My relationship statement was 12 pages, and my partner’s 10 pages- only because I double spaced it and short paragraphs so its easier to read. If I could write it in less, I would have.

I know migration agents can help you write statements that are tailored for you, if you are really stuck or review your documents to see if it is enough
Wow great work popcorn.
Just for the flip side. We only used the boxes on the webform so 2000 characters or less for each aspect.
For the form 888 I deliberately didn't give any guidance so that the words and tone would be different and organic from what we put.

End of the day don't focus on length. If it is short that's fine. If it's multiple pages that's fine. People who wouldn't qualify could write a book. Do it organically yourself and what you end up with will be fine. Keep in mind you want to make it easy to read for the person reviewing it.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I wrote mine and my partner’s statement-both were different in writing style but the same details.
I did both my statement (sponsor) and my wife's statement, myself.
However, I did state that I had done both, as it was easier, due to language issues with writing things clearly.
I think I also said that she was busy making dinner, while I was preparing the statements. (shared responsibilities) :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
My wife did 1.5 pages. I did mine in bullet point form, less than a page.
12 and 10 pages that's just wow. More patience and creativity than I have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah wow that’s true love right there 12 pages ❤

We both wrote a page each in normal font and size in msword, now I feel that’s not enough 🙄

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah wow that’s true love right there 12 pages ❤

We both wrote a page each in normal font and size in msword, now I feel that’s not enough 🙄
Your CO will thank you for that. I'm sure they dread having to go through multiple pages. Especially if they read like a Mills and Boon novel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello !

I come with good news about myself. My 820 was granted this morning ! Here is my timeline, if it can help anyone.

I am from Canada and my partner is Australian.

21/09/19: We lodged the partner visa application
13/01/21: Got the request for medical and police checks
Managed to do the medical fairly soon after, but the process for Canada criminal background checks is quite tedious.. We had attached everything else needed by this point.
26/05/21: Attached my final document (Canadian police check) then pressed the button to confirm that afternoon
27/05/21: This morning I got the email notification that my 820 was granted !

I want to add that I've seen websites encouraging people to write about their relationship in very flowery, romantic terms. We did not do that. Our statements were purely stating facts and dates about our relationship and both were very brief.

Now I guess we wait for the 801 ? I wasn't too stressed, but I'm certainly very happy. Thank you for the help and good luck to all !

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hello !

I come with good news about myself. My 820 was granted this morning ! Here is my timeline, if it can help anyone.

Managed to do the medical fairly soon after, but the process for Canada criminal background checks is quite tedious.. We had attached everything else needed by this point.
26/05/21: Attached my final document (Canadian police check) then pressed the button to confirm that afternoon

I want to add that I've seen websites encouraging people to write about their relationship in very flowery, romantic terms. We did not do that. Our statements were purely stating facts and dates about our relationship and both were very brief.

Now I guess we wait for the 801 ? I wasn't too stressed, but I'm certainly very happy. Thank you for the help and good luck to all !
Not too long to wait to start the 801 though, just another couple of months before you can start on that. Don't miss the sponsor declaration, i've seen a few that missed that and had a long wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did about 10-15 pages in mine and I did bullet points too but mine also included embedded photos as evidence of trips, gatherings etc (maybe 8 pages of statement and the same again of photos, i don't recall now). Mine was completely facts - no Mills and Boon content there. Submitted march this year. My partner did hers when she first arrived here (March 2020) and has provided an updated one since for both of us around the same time that I submitted mine so there's a lot of overlap etc. We're now a bit over a month since the medical was done and final police check from Germany & AFP were sent in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did about 10-15 pages in mine and I did bullet points too but mine also included embedded photos as evidence of trips, gatherings etc (maybe 8 pages of statement and the same again of photos, i don't recall now). Mine was completely facts - no Mills and Boon content there. Submitted march this year. My partner did hers when she first arrived here (March 2020) and has provided an updated one since for both of us around the same time that I submitted mine so there's a lot of overlap etc. We're now a bit over a month since the medical was done and final police check from Germany & AFP were sent in.
Same, i did bullet points. I wrote 2 lines for each point/paragraph, so it was spaced out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Long time lurker - 1st time poster.

My 820 was granted on the 22nd - I waited on anxiously on the 801 to arrive, sending an enquiry and email to the department via the links above. 801 came through this morning - 6 days after the 820!!!

Our timeline is below for anyone that may find it useful

Met - September 2014
March 2015 - start of our defacto relationship
Jan 2017 - moved to Australia
20/01/21 - applied for partner visa
March - assgiend to case officer and request for medicals
22/05/21 - 820 granted
28/05/21 - 801 granted

So happy and relived the 801 has come through and this is the end of the process! Thanks to everyone for the advice on here

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Long time lurker - 1st time poster.

My 820 was granted on the 22nd - I waited on anxiously on the 801 to arrive, sending an enquiry and email to the department via the links above. 801 came through this morning - 6 days after the 820!!!

Our timeline is below for anyone that may find it useful

Met - September 2014
March 2015 - start of our defacto relationship
Jan 2017 - moved to Australia
20/01/21 - applied for partner visa
March - assgiend to case officer and request for medicals
22/05/21 - 820 granted
28/05/21 - 801 granted

So happy and relived the 801 has come through and this is the end of the process! Thanks to everyone for the advice on here
From England by any chance?

What date did you send the enquiry about the 801?

·
Registered
2 Posts
From England by any chance?

What date did you send the enquiry about the 801?
Hey - yep from the UK. sent the enquiry via the webform on monday and via email yesterday - neither were replied to - i'd just about given up hope of getting the 801.

My feeling from reading other posts / timelines on here is that here is currently a delay in the assessment of the double grant 801's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello !

Hey, Congrats!
How long have you been in a relationship+ in a de facto relationship/living together?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just wondering how many others here are also in the waiting phase after applying for the 820 onshore - where are you from, where did you apply, did you go for a subclass 300 first?

How has your experience been so far, and what are the things you worry about? How long have you been waiting?

Just a thread for people in 'the same boat' (although we're all very different) - mods if this isn't an appropriate thread (because the information can mostly be found through Timeline Search) please feel free to adjust, close or delete! I'm just curious who else out there is (still) waiting, since both applicants I knew have been granted before me!
Hi all - me and my partner are in the early stages of our application submission. My partner has submitted his application and I have completed my sponsorship application and currently uploading the documents. There is a section under the Attach Documents section for a "Form 40SP- Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia". I can't find this form anywhere on the Immi website. Am I missing something? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hi all - me and my partner are in the early stages of our application submission. My partner has submitted his application and I have completed my sponsorship application and currently uploading the documents. There is a section under the Attach Documents section for a "Form 40SP- Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia". I can't find this form anywhere on the Immi website. Am I missing something? Thank you!
The old Form 40SP- Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia, is the original paper version of the now online Partner sponsorship part.
You probably did it from this:

6661 - 6680 of 6698 Posts