Australia Forum banner

6681 - 6698 of 6698 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Today is the 2nd June, and here are a few of the faster 820 grant details, so far this month, yes, just 2 days...

June 2021 Subclass 820 Visa Grants
  • 820+801 granted 2 Jun 2021. Applied 15 Apr 2021. Brazil. Processed in 1.5 months.
  • 820 granted 2 Jun 2021. Applied Apr 2021. Colombian. Processed in 2 months.
  • 820 granted 2 Jun 2021. Applied 17 Mar 2021. Turkish. Processed in 2.5 months.
  • 820 granted 2 Jun 2021. Applied Feb 2021. Philippines. Processed in 4 months.
  • 820 granted 1 Jun 2021. Applied 24 Mar 2021. Spanish. Processed in 2 months.
  • 820 granted 1 Jun 2021. Applied 11 Mar 2021. USA. Processed in 2.5 months.
  • 820 granted 1 Jun 2021. Applied 23 Mar 2021. French. Processed in 2.5 months.
  • 820 granted 1 Jun 2021. Applied 11 Dec 2020. USA. Processed in 5.5 months.
Immigration have 28 days left to finish of the remainder of the 72,300 Partner Visas allocated in the 2020-21 Migration Program planning levels. The majority of about 75% are expected to be subclass 820s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Immigration have 28 days left to finish of the remainder of the 72,300 Partner Visas allocated in the 2020-21 Migration Program planning levels. The majority of about 75% are expected to be subclass 820s.
Let's hope they get to my partners visa application soon then (fully submitted with medical late April)!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a double grant!

background:
Began dating July 2015
Moved in and considered de facto January 2017

Applied 820: 3 March 2021 front loaded, no agent
S56: Overseas police clearance 17 June 2021, submitted shortly after
Application in progress: 4 March 2021
S56: AFP clearance (original had lapsed) 18 May 2021, submitted 29 May
820 Grant: 31 May 2021
Sent request for 801 approval
801 Grant: 1 June 2021

For a total of 1 year and 2 months for both visas. Ive otherwise left the application alone for the most part and only submitted extra docs once when we renewed our lease excluding the S56's.

I have been seeing people get quick 801 grants after sending a request for review in so I jumped on it the moment I got my 820 approved on monday and wanted to get into the approved side before the FY ends.

Both visa grants came in by 10am in the morning.

huge thanks to this forum for keeping me sane, and your time will come!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My visa got approved yesterday (820) so thought I’d put a timeline 🎉
Defacto date: November 2018
Applied for visa: Feb 2021
General purpose letter: March 2021
Request for info (police checks - I was trying to load before getting a request but from the UK it took forever) - April 2021 & uploaded in April 2021
Visa granted - June 2

Embassy was Bangkok Embassy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
We got our 820 visa yesterday. Thanks to this group - massive help. Processing centre QLD.
Nationality Pakistan
Timeline:
Marriage Mar 2019
820 application date August 2019
Medical RFI May 2021
820 grant June 2021
We also redid our police checks before RFI.

We front loaded our application and updated every 3 months after that. We had more than 120 attachments. To all those still waiting hang in there. I totally understand how it feels. We stopped checking and just focused on our life.

23 months will be complete end of this month. Need to start looking into 801 now! Does anyone know of a good place to start with for 801?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all
We put in our application July 2020
We have received 2 General Purpose Advice Letters stating the same thing (upload health /police) which we have already done.
But no other news. I'm panicking a bit as it's almost 12 months since we applied and we haven't even been assigned a CO, is this normal?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Hi all
We put in our application July 2022
We have received 2 General Purpose Advice Letters stating the same thing (upload health /police) which we have already done.
But no other news. I'm panicking a bit as it's almost 12 months since we applied and we haven't even been assigned a CO, is this normal?
How do you know that you haven't been assigned a CO?

I am curious as we went through the visas never really knowing who a CO was.

When did you actually apply, and how soon did the request letters come through?

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you know that you haven't been assigned a CO?

I am curious as we went through the visas never really knowing who a CO was.

When did you actually apply, and how soon did the request letters come through?
I am just guessing that CO hasn't been assigned because I read somewhere the CO will usually send an email or a message which I have not received.

We applied in June 2020 so 12 months ago and received the general-purpose letter in Jan2021. Just getting a bit worried as we haven't heard anything for almost a year now

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am just guessing that CO hasn't been assigned because I read somewhere the CO will usually send an email or a message which I have not received.

We applied in June 2020 so 12 months ago and received the general-purpose letter in Jan2021. Just getting a bit worried as we haven't heard anything for almost a year now
I suggest you read this forum fully. 12 months no contact is normal for some. We were contacted after 22 months. Some get earlier some get later. Depends on nationality and your case as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our application was submitted April 1st 2020 so far no comments/feedback other than when it was requested for additional documentation and medical in March. According to the agent it shows as "Received" now which doesn't say a lot and when you query of course you get the "average processing time is 22-26 months" which doesn't help the stress it puts on people. Even worse when you can't do anything to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our application was submitted April 1st 2020 so far no comments/feedback other than when it was requested for additional documentation and medical in March. According to the agent it shows as "Received" now which doesn't say a lot and when you query of course you get the "average processing time is 22-26 months" which doesn't help the stress it puts on people. Even worse when you can't do anything to help.
You and I have a similar timeline we should def keep each other updated.

Yes, it shows received for us as well. We didn't go through an agent but Ill def keep you updated with how things go

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, been reading and following this thread.

Applied 820/801 onshore.

December 2019 : Relationship started
November 2020: Got married.
12 January 2021: Application lodged and submitted, front loaded with police checks (local and from home country) and medical. No migration agent.
15 June 2021: 820 visa granted.

Processing took 5 months and 3 days.

I just keep on uploading photos of us, utilities bill monthly. Case officer didn't contact me for anything else. No other requests. We have no assets under both of our names not even car registration. For you out there, just hang on you got this!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wanna share our experience: Got DOUBLE GRANTS!

Feb 2019 - Arrived in Australia
May 2019 - Got married to the love of my life. Same Sex marriage.
May 14, 2019 - applied onshore partner visa 820/801
Dec 2019 - Notified to do medical and submitted same month.
Jan 2021 - yes, 20 months after without any emails or whatsoever we finally received email to upload AFP and foreign police checks for both of us and renewed passport(mine got expired).
June 8 2021 - Submitted new passport. Due to covid took a long time to travel interstate to renew my passport.
June 14, 2021 - Received DOUBLE GRANTS 820/801. I was surprised because except from what they asked we didn’t even upload new photos and etc nor started the 801 application. Only uploaded new lease agreement.

Ours was processed in Ho Chih Min, Vietnam. Finally have PR now. Did everything my own no agent. Our hardwork finally paid off. Total wait time is 25 months. All I can say, If your relationship is genuine you have nothing to worry about but don’t be too relax still do your own research and comply to all requirements. Thank you to this forum and people sharing their experiences and knowledge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
820 granted today!

I applied on March 1st 2021. Front loaded everything as quickly as possible. It seems front loaded applications lodged in the last year or so are being granted very fast.

Best of luck everyone. Thank you to this forum for all the advice.

I have spent HOURS reading through this forum and it saved me thousands of dollars on an agent.

Cheers everyone! 😁

6681 - 6698 of 6698 Posts