Australia Forum banner
6701 - 6720 of 6747 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would suggest chasing it up, and asking if they are missing anything from you. If you get no reply from that, then a complaint is suitable.

You are at 30 months now, and most are done in under 20 months, some much faster.

Have you done everything you need? Both the applicant and the sponsor side of the applications? And uploaded all the proof of relationship, form 888s etc.
Thanks JandE
I will do so on Monday.All documents were uploaded at the time of applying except for medical which i voluntarily did 3 weeks ago thinking that it may do some magic.
I have couple of dilemmas -
In Immiaccount My application status says - Received
Sponsor's application status says - Submitted
is it normal ?

And is it worth keep uploading more documents including updated police check ,thinking of 801 approval scenarios?

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Thanks JandE
I will do so on Monday.All documents were uploaded at the time of applying except for medical which i voluntarily did 3 weeks ago thinking that it may do some magic.
I have couple of dilemmas -
In Immiaccount My application status says - Received
Sponsor's application status says - Submitted
is it normal ?

And is it worth keep uploading more documents including updated police check ,thinking of 801 approval scenarios?

Thanks again
Sponsor application status of Submitted is very normal. Ours had that for months after the visa was granted.

It might be worth uploading the 801 sponsor declaration too. It might trigger something .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all - my partner is applying for a Partner Visa 820/201 and we have completed Form 80. In the Immi portal there is also a request to complete Form 1221 but it's almost all the same questions in Form 80. Do we need to complete Form 1221? Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all - my partner is applying for a Partner Visa 820/201 and we have completed Form 80. In the Immi portal there is also a request to complete Form 1221 but it's almost all the same questions in Form 80. Do we need to complete Form 1221? Thanks!
If it asks for it I'd definitely do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask about some confusion.
met 2017 here in Aus, my partner citizen since 1992 i came on student 2015 completed studies got 485 post study in 2018 and applied onshore 801/820 nov 2020
got married august 2018 and living together,
2018 rental together 2019 rental together 2020 rental together 2021 bought our own house.
8 Th. march 2020 general advise letter and 13th march 2020 reminder to provide documents.
8 Th. June asked to re apply afp police check again as middle name was not mentioned in the previous police check.
Now it's on further assessment.
Now the real question, looking at the dates do i qualify for 801/820 together? If i get my visa granted after my anniversary as in less than 24 days we have our 3rd anniversary..
Regards.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Now the real question, looking at the dates do i qualify for 801/820 together? If i get my visa granted after my anniversary as in less than 24 days we have our 3rd anniversary..
Regards.
The three year relationship for a double grant must be reached at the time of initial visa application.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
oh okay, will they count from when the relationship was started or when we were actually married?
They count it from the relevant relationship proof that you originally supplied.

Marriage is not a requirement.

Time spent dating, or in an online relationship, does not count as being in a de facto relationship.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share the processing time of my application.

Lodged 820 onshore on the 30th May 2021
RFI received 26th June 2021
Medical completed on the 11th July 2021
Visa granted 13th July 2021.

Super quick! Front loaded and used an agent to lodge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share the processing time of my application.

Lodged 820 onshore on the 30th May 2021
RFI received 26th June 2021
Medical completed on the 11th July 2021
Visa granted 13th July 2021.

Super quick! Front loaded and used an agent to lodge.
Congrats Frances !
I have a few questions:
-How long have you been in de facto?
-Did you use evidence such as "joint will" or have you guys added each other as "beneficiary in Super funds" ?
-Did you have joint lease?
I am asking because an agent told me to have these evidence can make a stronger application.
Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats Frances !
I have a few questions:
-Did you use evidence such as "joint will" or have you guys added each other as "beneficiary in Super funds" ?
I am asking because an agent told me to have these evidence can make a stronger application.
Thank you
I would appreciate anyone's opinion regarding these questions, especially the ones who have their visa granted. I think this thread can help others who are starting their application.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats Frances !
I have a few questions:
Thank you
Our agent made the comment that wills weren't necessary as they're not really binding and can easily be replaced vs the super fund beneficiary which requires legwork to get changed.
The application for us is still ongoing, submitted waaaay back in April 2020 (legally recognised/certified DeFacto for 4 months or so at that stage). Medical was done in April this year (as directed by immi). No joint lease as I owned the property outright already, joint bank accounts, insurance policies etc (all financials are joint from utility accounts to savings accounts).
We also have no social media which our agent did push for.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Our agent made the comment that wills weren't necessary as they're not really binding and can easily be replaced vs the super fund beneficiary which requires legwork to get changed.
The application for us is still ongoing, submitted waaaay back in April 2020 (legally recognised/certified DeFacto for 4 months or so at that stage). Medical was done in April this year (as directed by immi). No joint lease as I owned the property outright already, joint bank accounts, insurance policies etc (all financials are joint from utility accounts to savings accounts).
We also have no social media which our agent did push for.
I think you might have the wills and super the other way around. Super is just filling a form out. Changing a will means going to a lawyer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you might have the wills and super the other way around. Super is just filling a form out. Changing a will means going to a lawyer.
Only if you choose to go that route, a will can literally be written on a napkin and be binding if it's witnessed (the will kits from aussie post for example require no lawyers). It should only need a lawyer if you submit it to one for safe keeping is my understanding. The super thing is a lodged form (don't remember if it needed notarising or not).

Just what they told us anyways (and not saying it's not right - was just the advice given to us when asked, ymmv of course!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, just wanted some advice regarding 820 application. Current timeline:

Spouse from India, I have been an Aus citizen since 2000
August 2019 300 PMV approved
Married Nov 2019
March 2020 Applied for 820 onshore
Now 16 months on we haven't heard anything nor been assigned a CO.

Questions:
1. Our initial police clearances have expired. Should we get new ones issued?
2. And does my spouse require both an AFP as well as the PCC (Indian police clearance).
3. Is there a minimum amount of documents that need uploading before it triggers a viewing by Immi? We have uploaded documents in all applicable categories, total docs are about 40 in her name and 10 for me (sponsor).

We were hoping that something would happen last financial year as apparently 70k+ visas were prioritised as they were onshore. Thanking you in advance for any help, it is truly appreciated :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I need some help haha. I had to come home due to mental health issues before our partner visa was granted. i want to send an email to the appropriate people to notify them of the changes in situation, but i cannot find an email anywhere on the immigration page. I sent an enquiry form and received an automated response back, that had emails listed but when i try to send an email to those addresses they either get bounced back to me or i get an automated response. Does ANYONE know if there is an email option I can send to an actual person who can respond to me? I’m starting to freak out hahaha. Thanks in advance <3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some amazing news at 7.30am this morning. I received my grant for the 820 after what feels like forever (20 months).

After receiving the s56 and supplying what they asked for 3 months ago, it has been an especially frustrating wait. I figured it wouldn't hurt to send some sort of document to maybe ping a notification for the CO I was never explicitly assigned, and it looks like it worked?! I supplied a relationship update yesterday afternoon, and BAM...visa!

My timeline is as follows:
Nationality: Indian
Partner: Australian Citizen

Met my partner: May 2017
Moved in together: April 2019 (De facto starts here)
Application submitted: September 2019 - Front loaded, including police clearances for Aus and abroad (and uploaded when validity expires)
12 month notification - September 2020
Relationship update uploaded - September 2020
s56 RFI/Initial Assessment - For Medicals - February 2021
Status Final Assessment - February 2021
Final nerve-racking wait - February 2021 to May 2021
Supplied one last relationship update doc - 07/05/21
820 Grant - 08/05/21 (Woo!)

Thanks to this forum, you've all been great for many reasons. Will definitely hang around and give pointers wherever I can.
All the best everyone!
HI kdalvi,
I HAVE A QUESTION.
Did you guys nominate each other as beneficiary in Super, or use "Joint Will" as commitment evidence?

6701 - 6720 of 6747 Posts