Australia Forum banner
6741 - 6746 of 6746 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nelly, my husband's friend applied at the end of August and got his 820 at the end of October, so it was just two months waiting for him. He lodged his application in Sydney. He got every document ready except Form 80, which I guess he later added. He did not go through 300 but he has been living in Australia for 3-4 years on other visas. And he's from China.

As for me, I'm from Malaysia and I applied for 820 in Sydney in early October. Mine is a decision-ready application as well. I did not go through 300. So far I have only received an email from the department acknowledging that my application is valid, together with the grant of Bridging Visa A, etc.

I'm not worried about anything, really. Soon after my BVA kicked in, I applied for a Tax File Number, and enrolled into Medicare. Currently I'm looking for a job. In terms of visa, there is nothing I can do now except waiting patiently for my 820 because you really don't know how long it will take. When things are beyond my control, I will just let it be.

Here's wishing all of us a smooth journey to 820/801. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share the processing time of my application.

Lodged 820 onshore on the 30th May 2021
RFI received 26th June 2021
Medical completed on the 11th July 2021
Visa granted 13th July 2021.

Super quick! Front loaded and used an agent to lodge.
Hey Frances,
Congrats! That is indeed super quick. I am in the process of gathering all our documents to get ready to lodge in a few months time.

May I ask in your application, if you had to include all message transcripts (if any) or just screenshots of specific messages? Also how many photos did you provide?

Appreciate any assistance on the type of evidence documents you lodged with your application too :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Just wanting some quick advise.
Recently we have been contacted by DHA with s56 requesting some more documents (for partner visa second stage) , one of which was a penal certificate for any country other than Australia where the applicant has resided for 12 months or more (cumulatively) since the grant of the temporary partner visa.
Now, this does not apply in our case at all, hence we have attached a general letter to CO saying it does not apply in our case.

does anyone else have been requested this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Just wanting some quick advise.
Recently we have been contacted by DHA with s56 requesting some more documents (for partner visa second stage) , one of which was a penal certificate for any country other than Australia where the applicant has resided for 12 months or more (cumulatively) since the grant of the temporary partner visa.
Now, this does not apply in our case at all, hence we have attached a general letter to CO saying it does not apply in our case.

does anyone else have been requested this?
Hi AUs3, we too rec'd an s56 two days back requesting for a police clearance for spouse and sponsor. Which we luckily had already just done, but only for Australia (not origin country). In my opinion I would apply for the AFP national police check for both you and your sponsor, and first upload the payment receipts and then when the check actually comes - upload that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi AUs3, we too rec'd an s56 two days back requesting for a police clearance for spouse and sponsor. Which we luckily had already just done, but only for Australia (not origin country). In my opinion I would apply for the AFP national police check for both you and your sponsor, and first upload the payment receipts and then when the check actually comes - upload that.
Thanks, yeh its a bit generic (that email), my partner or I haven't left Australia for over a month since the temporary visa grant , so not sure why would they ask for such a document.
Anyway, I have applied for a AFP check and expecting the doc tomorrow. Will hit the upload button after that and go back to keep refreshing my mailbox to see that long awaiting response from DHA.
37 month running since stage 1 application was filed.

6741 - 6746 of 6746 Posts