Australia Forum banner
6781 - 6800 of 6807 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Thank you JnE

Do you know if they can possible approve visa with just receipt or do they really wait for actual NPC to make the decision?

Thanks again :)
Work on them needing the actual, but it can happen that a grant is given without it, in rare situations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Harry

I never get replies to my emails, and can't seem to get through on the phone. How did you make a complaint? When I have researched I can't seem to find any way to contact anyone. Do you think those steps helped? I have been waiting 35 months now. Have uploaded health check, police clearances, marriage certs etc

Thank you :)

Maria

Hi All ,
Hope your are well and safe.
So after number of emails and a complaint I got a response today and got an email for S56. Only thing DHA has asked for is NPC because the most recent one I had uploaded wasn’t for code 33 “immigration/citizenship purposes”.

However I did realize that 2 weeks ago and applied for new NPC with code 33.

Why should I do now ? Upload the receipt only or wait for NPC certificate which can be few weeks I would guess.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards.
Harry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

long time lurker here.

it’s been almost 33 months since my partner and I submitted the application.
we've done everything we could and our checks and Medicals are going to expire early next year (for the second time, done it before, have been requested again, everything is provided)
This process is really taking its toll on me, feels like we’re banging our heads against the wall with no light at the end of the tunnel.
I really don’t know what else can we do to expedite the process - tried everything, calling, complaining, emailing to the processing office saying that we’ve submitted more docs.
Nothing.
we've been together for many years and in defacto for almost 6 years.
How are guys tracking?
I’d appreciate any advice also 🙌
Hey :)

In a similar situation so if you do get any suggestions would love also to receive them.

We're at 35 months now, married, uploaded all docs, police certs, medical etc together over 4 years. Friend suggested hiring someone but I don't know if that will help anything when we have submitted everything already.

It's also taking its toll on me now, seeing others getting them way quicker is concerning as to why it's taking so much longer, every now and again there is an automated email which is just that the application is in a queue but that's it.

I don't get responses to emails and every time I have tried to phone haven't gotten anywhere either.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Harry

I never get replies to my emails, and can't seem to get through on the phone. How did you make a complaint? When I have researched I can't seem to find any way to contact anyone. Do you think those steps helped? I have been waiting 35 months now. Have uploaded health check, police clearances, marriage certs etc

Thank you :)

Maria
Hi Maria
I have been waiting since Jan 2019 as well. I tried via phone in may 2021 but ended up getting generic response .Then I sent query to 801 permanent partner via query option on immi site and tried my luck. But it gave me a automated email back saying if you are enquiring about temporary partner visa email to …… group. So I sent the same email to that email address as instructed in steps. Waited for 2 weeks again , no response.
Then I decided to go to complaint option 3 weeks ago, which gave me a reference number for the complaint.
I did mention in the complaint that I sent a query few weeks ago and I didn’t response to my application status update and mentioned how we are in 7 year long relationship and have 4 years only child together.
A week later (2 weeks ago) got a response saying that they have forwarded my complaint to relevant department and will get back to me with the feed back in 2 weeks.
So this morning I got s56 email from case officer asking for new NCP and stating that once I submit that, department will be able to issue visa as soon as possible.
But who knows, their ASAP can be another …. Months. But atleast there is some traction and hope.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your detailed reply. Really appreciate it. :)

I sent another email today, if they don’t reply as the answer is not in their list of questions you can’t ask I will do the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, Great news here.. We have received my 820 grant this morning. 1 year and 7 days total. 2 months and 2 weeks from the date we have uploaded requested additional docs. What a great pre valentines gift. We will send them an email for PR consideration. We believe that I am qualified staright to pr,we were hoping for it but atm we are over the moon and time to celebrate!!!

Goodluck to others. “Patience is a virtue”

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
I have got S56 request to provide NPC. I have applied for NPC on 01/09 and i believe it will take longer than 28days as it hasn't even been approved by AFP yet. So I have upload the receipt for it under " Other documents".

My question is should i click on "I confirm i have provided requested documents" ?or wait until closer to 28 days before clicking it ?

Does anyone know if i only upload the receipt and click that button , what happens after that?
If i happen to get NPC before 28 days then i will simply upload it and click it.

I believe this click send an update to the case office to look at the application again.

Thanks once again :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi All,
I have got S56 request to provide NPC. I have applied for NPC on 01/09 and i believe it will take longer than 28days as it hasn't even been approved by AFP yet. So I have upload the receipt for it under " Other documents".

My question is should i click on "I confirm i have provided requested documents" ?or wait until closer to 28 days before clicking it ?

Does anyone know if i only upload the receipt and click that button , what happens after that?
If i happen to get NPC before 28 days then i will simply upload it and click it.

I believe this click send an update to the case office to look at the application again.

Yes i will do same thing thats why i was wating for medical and npc do lets see what they say on 22 sep

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Hi All,

As you haven't uploaded the required documents, you should not click and say you have.

If you do not click, they will look at it in 28 days or later. They will see that you have uploaded the receipt and normally wait longer.

If you do click, they can look at it, and finalise it, immediately.

Once you upload what they asked for, you then click the link.

Reactions: harkanwal

·
Registered
11 Posts
As you haven't uploaded the required documents, you should not click and say you have.

If you do not click, they will look at it in 28 days or later. They will see that you have uploaded the receipt and normally wait longer.

If you do click, they can look at it, and finalise it, immediately.

Once you upload what they asked for, you then click the link.
Thank you
That’s exactly what I wondering and was expecting.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone, Great news here.. We have received my 820 grant this morning. 1 year and 7 days total. 2 months and 2 weeks from the date we have uploaded requested additional docs. What a great pre valentines gift. We will send them an email for PR consideration. We believe that I am qualified staright to pr,we were hoping for it but atm we are over the moon and time to celebrate!!!

Goodluck to others. “Patience is a virtue”
beautiful congratulations!!!! may i ask, why is it you believe you are qualified for PR? i just genuinely am interested, i didn’t realise you could request that! and which email do you contact to ask this? i have searched for a proper email address to ask them a question and all i ever got back was an automated response.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
why is it you believe you are qualified for PR? i just genuinely am interested, i didn’t realise you could request that! and which email do you contact to ask this? i have searched for a proper email address to ask them a question and all i ever got back was an automated response.
If you prove in your original application that you had been in a committed "marriage like" relationship for 3 years before application, you can be granted the PR visa (801) straight after the 820 is granted.

The relationship time can reduce to 2 years if you also had a child at the time of the 820 application.

If it is missed by immigration, you can remind them using the Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey you guys. what are the logistics if you are offshore when they are ready to finalise your visa? has anyone experienced this? do they notify you that it’s time to return onshore? do they give a time frame at all? thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received my 820 visa on 14 September 2021.
Timeline:
I am the visa applicant.
  • February 2019 - Met online
  • March 2019 - Met in person I travelled again in July to meet my partner in Australia.
  • September 2019 - Moved to Australia on tourist visa. I stayed with my partner temporarily while I intend to apply to study in Australia. I called this as dating phase not de facto phase in my application.
  • October 2019 - Applied student visa, declared not in de facto relationship in my application as we were in dating phase, we didn't consider our else committed yet in relationship.
  • late November 2019 - Moved in together. De facto date started.
  • 10 March 2020 - registered relationship (date of civil partnership - 10 March). We also opened joint bank account on the same day.
  • 11 March 2020 - Applied for partner visa 820 (literally one day after registering relationship and joint bank account). We haven't received physical copy of civil partnership but stated the date indicated on the civil partnership certificate. De facto date stated as November 2019. It was risky looking back how quickly we submitted our partner visa application. I should have waited, luckily I had enough evidence even though we were only in 3 months de facto relationship. Registering relationship helped bypass the 12 months requirement.
  • 12 February 2020 - Uploaded very little evidence - joint rent agreement, identification documents
  • October 2020 - AFP and home country police check submitted
  • 20 February 2021 - I figured no point clogging my partner visa with constant updates as I can upload maximum 100 documents for my application (I know that documents can be uploaded to sponsor's side too but I didn't like the idea of attaching it there). So I compiled one year worth of evidence since November 2019 (De facto date). Visa 820 and bridging visa (both temporary vsai) made no difference for me as a lot of jobs require you to have PR not temporary visa. I purchased subscription from Adobe to compile and edit PDFs. I didn't like the free online PDF editor as it involves uploading private information there.
  • February 2021- did my medical. I didn't want it to be expired while waiting for visa grant so I waited close to one year before doing it.
  • 11 March 2021 - 12 months application in progress letter
  • 21 July 2021 - RFI s56. My passport expired and case officer asked for all 4 pillars of evidence. I think it was a general request without them looking at my application in details. Main thing was that passport was missing. Due to pandemic, I was only able to renew passport in early 2022. I emailed and attached my request for extension in my application. I uploaded very little update to my 4 pillars evidence due to procrastination (I had to compile Jan 2021 to July 2021 photos, bank statements etc which was a lot and I didn't manage to submit those before my visa 820 grant, it's risky but I couldn't have the time to sit down and do it so I did it on my own pace)
  • 9 September 2021 - uploaded other evidence like mail and superannuation beneficiary. I also asked one non-PR/citizen friend to write a statement using Form 888. I already have two friends (citizen) who helped with Form 888. I still didn't finish compiling my bank statement and photos at this point.
  • 13 September 2021 - I updated my address. I was waiting to get my 18 months application in progress letter. I didn't receive it. Either my address update triggered the case officer to look at my application or he already was looking at it since I didn't get my 18 months application in progress letter. I also didn't click the button at the end that confirms I have submitted all my evidences.
  • 14 September 2021 - visa 820 granted on my expired passport. You can actually get visa 820 granted on expired passport but not for visa 801. I called a few months ago to ask immigration department about this. I was sort of hoping to get double grant when I submit my renewed passport. I didn't want to apply for 801 visa again and go through the torture.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I received my 820 visa on 14 September 2021.
Timeline:
  • March 2019 - Met in person
  • 11 March 2020 - Applied for partner visa 820
  • Either my address update triggered the case officer to look at my application or he already was looking at it since I didn't get my 16 months application in progress letter.
I've noticed a few grants after an update.

I get the feeling that a case officer, on looking at an update, might decide to finalise the visa there and then, if completed, rather than put the application back in the pipeline to be reviewed later.

My wife's visa was granted in a similar way after uploading new passport.

I've not heard of a 16 months application in progress letter, but that 12 month one sounds common.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulation.
I had a long wait timeline.
Applied 820 on 2/04/2019.
As my substantive visa was ceased I got stuck my schedule 3{S57} on 7th June 2021.
(1st response from immigration)
I manage to gather some evidence and put it through.
I managed to get extra time of another 28 days.
I supplied the evidence for schedule 23rd of july.

And on August 3rd got s56 for more information like our police check and birth certificate and remaining relationship evidence.
I submitted the ask documents by 29th August.

Now my status is further assesment.
Does that mean my schedule 3 have been waived and will get a positive outcome if everything is alright.

Really any answer will be appreciated?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed a few grants after an update.

I get the feeling that a case officer, on looking at an update, might decide to finalise the visa there and then, if completed, rather than put the application back in the pipeline to be reviewed later.

My wife's visa was granted in a similar way after uploading new passport.

I've not heard of a 16 months application in progress letter, but that 12 month one sounds common.
Oh I had a typo. I meant 18 months letter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Maria
I have been waiting since Jan 2019 as well. I tried via phone in may 2021 but ended up getting generic response .Then I sent query to 801 permanent partner via query option on immi site and tried my luck. But it gave me a automated email back saying if you are enquiring about temporary partner visa email to …… group. So I sent the same email to that email address as instructed in steps. Waited for 2 weeks again , no response.
Then I decided to go to complaint option 3 weeks ago, which gave me a reference number for the complaint.
I did mention in the complaint that I sent a query few weeks ago and I didn’t response to my application status update and mentioned how we are in 7 year long relationship and have 4 years only child together.
A week later (2 weeks ago) got a response saying that they have forwarded my complaint to relevant department and will get back to me with the feed back in 2 weeks.
So this morning I got s56 email from case officer asking for new NCP and stating that once I submit that, department will be able to issue visa as soon as possible.
But who knows, their ASAP can be another …. Months. But atleast there is some traction and hope.
Thanks for that. I’ve waited a week from my last message to them which was for a question they do not cover in their questions they won’t answer so will submit a complaint next week. I have been concerned if I complain it will
Make my application worse not better but I’m sure they can’t do that in reality.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I have been concerned if I complain it will
Make my application worse not better but I’m sure they can’t do that in reality.
It might depend on how you "word" the complaint, or enquiry.

In general, a reasonable, and well described, complaint can get good results, and would not be negative to your application.

6781 - 6800 of 6807 Posts