Australia Forum banner
6801 - 6820 of 6823 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It might depend on how you "word" the complaint, or enquiry.

In general, a reasonable, and well described, complaint can get good results, and would not be negative to your application.
That’s exactly right JnE
@mariap, I was in the exact same dilemma few weeks ago. But there was no option so I gave it shot.
You asked me how did I get response to the complaint? I strongly believe it all depends on how you word it.
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks JandE! There is no way I will be derogatory to them in anyway. I have a feeling it is because I had to switch from one bridging visa to another as my circumstances changed. I was on a NZ family visa which I was renewing, the conditions of which were if I became defacto with an Australian citizen I had to tell them. Which I did of course to do the right thing but as I was in another long wait renewing my original visa in that process I had to go from bridging visa to bridging visa. I was granted the visa with no travel or work rights, I managed to get work rights but wonder now if that is why my application is taking longer.
That’s exactly right JnE
@mariap, I was in the exact same dilemma few weeks ago. But there was no option so I gave it shot.
You asked me how did I get response to the complaint? I strongly believe it all depends on how you word it.
thanks
really appreciate you taking the time to respond everyone thank you so much! It’s been a stressful process and I will try the complaint and let you know how it goes ☺

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone from the UK share their timeline?

Mine is

Dec 2011: Relationship started
Apr 2016 - Defacto
August 19: applied for 820
Apr 21: s56 received for police check and medical
Apr 21: police check uploaded and medical completed
May 21: s56 for stat dec for no live trace (nothing major which I completed)
And now no activity since May 2nd

I have uploaded a new passport and more documents including Australian Qualifications hoping to trigger and nothing....

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello! just wondering, do they always send a notification when your application has been picked up by a case officer? or is it possible that we already have a case officer without having received any sort of notice? thank you!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
hello! just wondering, do they always send a notification when your application has been picked up by a case officer? or is it possible that we already have a case officer without having received any sort of notice? thank you!
No, they don't. Some people get the grant without any previous notification.

Some applications might get looked at, then put back while they wait for the applicant to complete uploading the missing information.

They might get looked at again later, by the same or a different person, and this time decide to ask the applicant for the missing information.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Some applications might get looked at, then put back while they wait for the applicant to complete uploading the missing information.

They might get looked at again later, by the same or a different person, and this time decide to ask the applicant for the missing information.
thank you! just wondering as well, do you know if applications with schedule 3 are generally rejected more quickly? we had to fill schedule 3 criteria on our 820 visa, and it has been processing now for 8 months. i’ve been told that’s a good sign for us, as most schedule 3 are denied within weeks/first months. do you know if this is true?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
thank you! just wondering as well, do you know if applications with schedule 3 are generally rejected more quickly? we had to fill schedule 3 criteria on our 820 visa, and it has been processing now for 8 months. i’ve been told that’s a good sign for us, as most schedule 3 are denied within weeks/first months. do you know if this is true?
No real idea on that.

But I guess some could be refused quickly if the application does not cover that aspect correctly.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Mine is

Apr 2016 - Defacto

I have uploaded a new passport and more documents including Australian Qualifications hoping to trigger and nothing....
Hello,
what do you mean by "s56 for stat dec for no live trace " ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My UK police check came back as "no live trace" and they asked for a stat Dec for the reason. It was a minor theft 7 years ago which I received a caution for and I explained this all in my stat Dec but now I have not heard anything back
I see. btw, did you write only one stat dec and got it signed by a JP or did u write separate stat decs for each aspect of the relationship? appreciate your response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see. btw, did you write only one stat dec and got it signed by a JP or did u write separate stat decs for each aspect of the relationship? appreciate your response.
This is an additional stat Dec I wrote. The relationship ones were completed at the start. The one about the police check I had jp'd separately as I wrote it a lot later

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is an additional stat Dec I wrote. The relationship ones were completed at the start. The one about the police check I had jp'd separately as I wrote it a lot later
Yea, I also meant the relationship ones. did u write multiple or just one..I recently submitted my application and still trying to figure out how to give the stat dec

·
Registered
19 Posts

Hi JandE,
I was just wondering: In your case, did the applicant write multiple stat decs for each aspect of the relationship, or you did only one? and did you get it signed by a JP? tnx

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Hi JandE,
I was just wondering: In your case, did the applicant write multiple stat decs for each aspect of the relationship, or you did only one? and did you get it signed by a JP? tnx
We didn't do any stat decs, We used the boxes in the online application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Submitted 820 application at the end of July, today we received an email from a case officer asking for 2 things:

1. Correct police check for my partner as we uploaded the wrong one
2. My medical

I can't get my medical as all of the centres in Melbourne are closed, have been for a couple of months and they aren't even taking bookings. Any ideas what i should do in this circumstance? I have no idea how I let them know...

Also, I know it's all speculation but if you get a request for this type of thing does that usually mean the case officer has looked at everything else and these are the only further things they need?

thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
Hope you are all well…
So I submitted my new NPC as requeste last night within 22 days of s56 email.
Then I got an email form Department today saying that department know me by below name -
For example If my name is John Smith

Their records have
Smith John
Jon Smith
John Smith

and please provide code NPC for all these names.

I was shocked to see that , so I rang them and customer service guy spoke to someone as he was bamboozled by my problem himself.
So they asked me to simply get NPC name check certificate.

now I am so lost , not sure if I will be even able to apply for NPC because I was never known by those names and I don’t have any proof to upload when you apply for NPC.

any suggestion ?

My luck…. 😣

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Hi all,
Hope you are all well…
So I submitted my new NPC as requeste last night within 22 days of s56 email.
Then I got an email form Department today saying that department know me by below name -
For example If my name is John Smith

Their records have
Smith John
Jon Smith
John Smith

and please provide code NPC for all these names.

I was shocked to see that , so I rang them and customer service guy spoke to someone as he was bamboozled by my problem himself.
So they asked me to simply get NPC name check certificate.

now I am so lost , not sure if I will be even able to apply for NPC because I was never known by those names and I don’t have any proof to upload when you apply for NPC.

any suggestion ?

My luck…. 😣
Do you need to supply proof of other names that you have used ?

I didn't think it was required when we did one.

They so say this, and it is probably worthwhile just adding those names to save time.
  1. All other names by which you are known or have previously been known (such as your maiden name), must be provided in full, including given names. Check that your date of birth is correctly entered.

·
Registered
13 Posts

They so say this, and it is probably worthwhile just adding those names to save time.
  1. All other names by which you are known or have previously been known (such as your maiden name), must be provided in full, including given names. Check that your date of birth is correctly entered.
[/QUOTE

I actually was never known by any other name or don’t have any middle name.Simply first and last name. But somehow DHA has my name written in 3 different ways. I would love to know how their system pick up these names but obviously I will never get an answer to this dilemma. However as per rep on the phone suggested, I am just going to get a new NPC matching all names they have and give it to them.
I am assuming my name was hand written incorrectly by my agents in past at some stage. But if it was wrong compared to my ID at that time , why not say something then. Now all of sudden they have my name written in 3 different ways. Now I am hoping AFP won’t have trouble issuing NPC with 2 names (out of 3) that don’t even exist.
Fingers crossed. Just silly silly stuff ..

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mine is

Apr 2016 - Defacto

Hey I'm from the UK and got my 820 granted yesterday

June 2015: Relationship started
Dec 2018: Married in Aus
Jan 2021: Applied for 820
Mar: request for police checks (I already had my medical done for a tourist visa in 2020 so didn't need to do this)
Aug/Sep: Applied to have a Indonesian police check wavered as you have to be in the country to get it.
Oct 6: 820 Granted

I had a lot of back and forward over the generic partner email address but I always spoke with the same guy that made it helpful - he seemed to be really understanding and supportive and seemed to be rooting for us to get approved asap.

My immi status never changed from received so I don't think that's anything to focus too much on :)

6801 - 6820 of 6823 Posts