Australia Forum banner
6821 - 6823 of 6823 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Happy to report that my wife was granted today her 820 and 801 at the same time. Below is a rough timeline of our application progress 😁

Jun 2016 - Married in Indonesia
Jun 2018 - Wife applied for 600 Visitor Visa (granted 3yr multi-entry)
Jun 2019 - Lodged our 820 whilst wife was visiting in Australia. Everything was complete and decision ready with the exception of Police checks and medicals.
Aug 2019 - BVA came into effect.
Apr 2021 - First contact from the Department for RFI
Jul 2021 - Partner given 28days if wish to cancel her application based on my previous criminal records (only minor things I did as a young adult like 20yrs ago)
Oct 2021 - Granted 820 and 801 visa in same day.

We'd been waiting awhile after the 28 day waiting period and hadn't heard anything so as we do every 3 months, we submitted more documents in support of our ongoing relationship which looks like it brought our application back to the attention of our CO.

I can't stress enough the importance to keep updating your applications every few months with anything that shows your relationship is genuine and still ongoing.
Every 3 months we updated the Department with banks statements, utility bills, social photos and anything relating to our shared living as in furniture purchases for the house and white goods etc.

Happy days and thank you to the moderators of this forum for their sound advice and forum members throughout our application process 😀

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All,

Just wanted to jump in and add my partners status here as well.

We've applied for the 820 visa on the 4th of July 2020, so now the waiting game begins. My partner is Russian so I have no doubt application times can take longer for her, but she's on a BVA now. Look forward to an update soon!
Received last night, we're both very happy, let the 801 process begin!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just got my 820 grant this yesterday. Now onto 801!

3/2020 arrived
7/2020 applied for 820
7/2020 BVE granted
10/2021 820 granted

Cheers,
Nitronikon

6821 - 6823 of 6823 Posts