Australia Forum banner

901 - 920 of 6617 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So... does anyone know how to check online for my visa?
Applied throughout paper and received my acknowledgment letter but the numbers in there don't match on what's is required to check my VEVO.
It can be so frustrating dealing with something I know so little about!
Sorry for the silly question guys...

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
You can call Immigration and they can give you a password to use to access VEVO. It's easier. :)

Reactions: raissa

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just submitted my 820/801 Visa form and adding in all the attachments. My partner and I have discussed about doing my medical checkup next week (the schedule at Bupa is pretty full!!). On my Referral Letter, under Client Visa Details, it states "BS 801 Spouse (Permanent)" - Is that correct? Or is it supposed to be 820 (which is the one that I am applying for)? I am pretty sure I answered all the questions correctly when I submitted my online form and that little questionnaire thing you do on the e-Medical before they generate the Referral Letter.

Just want to double-check before I schedule my medical appointment.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
On my Referral Letter, under Client Visa Details, it states "BS 801 Spouse (Permanent)" - Is that correct? Or is it supposed to be 820 (which is the one that I am applying for)? I am pretty sure I answered all the questions correctly when I submitted my online form and that little questionnaire thing you do on the e-Medical before they generate the Referral Letter. Just want to double-check before I schedule my medical appointment. Thanks!
As far as I understood, that's exactly how it needs to be. As the procedure has two stages (820 and 801) which will run automatically, you already need to do the medical check when you apply for the 820 while the medical is technically for the 801. Hope I didn't make that sound more confusing ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
As far as I understood, that's exactly how it needs to be. As the procedure has two stages (820 and 801) which will run automatically, you already need to do the medical check when you apply for the 820 while the medical is technically for the 801. Hope I didn't make that sound more confusing ;)
Hi Butterfly2014,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understood clearly what you meant.

So, when scheduling my appointment, I should put 801 (there is a drop-down menu on Bupa's website that asks for type of visa)? That's the confusing part. haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Seems to be quiet on the approval front.
I'm almost up to 14 1/2 months...hopefully not too much longer to go
i'm just one month behind you, Dayvt.

any mail from DIBP at all? requesting anything? i didn't get any....

anyway, hopefully, both of us will get the best gift ever for Christmas....

fingers crossed

·
Registered
84 Posts
i'm just one month behind you, Dayvt.

any mail from DIBP at all? requesting anything? i didn't get any....

anyway, hopefully, both of us will get the best gift ever for Christmas....

fingers crossed
Nothing to date whatsoever. Yes, would be a nice Xmas present

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
426 Posts
My 820 visa application got acknowledged on 17 April 2014. Haven't heard from immigration since then. I guess it will take as long as my PMV took (18 months).

I've got one question though, hope it's not out of topic on this thread. I'm expecting in about 6 weeks, when should I let DIAC know of the new arrival? Should I wait till I get buba's birth certificate and all?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
My 820 visa application got acknowledged on 17 April 2014. Haven't heard from immigration since then. I guess it will take as long as my PMV took (18 months).

I've got one question though, hope it's not out of topic on this thread. I'm expecting in about 6 weeks, when should I let DIAC know of the new arrival? Should I wait till I get buba's birth certificate and all?
OMG! Where did you apply to? Post or online? That is a ridiculous amount of time! You really should contact DIBP and see if there are any problems. My concern is that they don't realise you are coming from a PMV. This is by far the longest PMV to 820 I have heard of!

In relation to the baby was it mentioned in any statements? If not then let them know. Then once the baby is born give them a certificate afterwards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow! that is a long time! crazy amount. surely it must be on its way soon. I applied April 2014 and I guessing mine will take a year. such a long process and alot of money. good luck and im sure you will have a 820 visa shortly

·
Registered
426 Posts
OMG! Where did you apply to? Post or online? That is a ridiculous amount of time! You really should contact DIBP and see if there are any problems. My concern is that they don't realise you are coming from a PMV. This is by far the longest PMV to 820 I have heard of!

In relation to the baby was it mentioned in any statements? If not then let them know. Then once the baby is born give them a certificate afterwards.
I applied by post to the sydney office. I didn't mention the baby because I must have conceived around the time i sent the application so I didn't know I was pregnant. I'm gonna give them a call. I don't even know if I have a CO. Will update you when I hear from them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We've hit the one year mark . . . Not in any hurry just want to be able to go for a wedding overseas in March! I know they approve BVBs for serious medical reasons but what about weddings? ��

·
Registered
666 Posts
I know they approve BVBs for serious medical reasons but what about weddings? ��
Since the processing times for partner visas blew out to ridiculous timeframes,,BVB's are granted much more easily. Haven't heard of anyone being refused the BVB and they will accept "visiting family" as good enough reason to grant. There doesn't seem to be the compelling circumstances requirement any more.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for that info Valentine1981. I guess we can give it a go.
I feel like the 820 will be taking at least one more year.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi

I'm new to this and would like to see how other people go in the same situation as mine.

I applied for my 820 visa last week. I checked the online post tracking service and my paper application arrived in Melbourne on the 12/12. By lunch time I had received 3 emails. One automated to say my bridging visa was approved but will not start until my previous one expires on feb 15th, one with my payment receipt and another requesting the AFP check which I sent of today.

When my bridging visa starts can I apply for medicare ? I'm from Ireland so iv never been entitled to it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Medicare

Hi Kellie
I believe you can apply for Medicare now, as you have lodged your application for the 820/801. There is a helpful thread on this issue. Good luck...

Hi

I'm new to this and would like to see how other people go in the same situation as mine.

I applied for my 820 visa last week. I checked the online post tracking service and my paper application arrived in Melbourne on the 12/12. By lunch time I had received 3 emails. One automated to say my bridging visa was approved but will not start until my previous one expires on feb 15th, one with my payment receipt and another requesting the AFP check which I sent of today.

When my bridging visa starts can I apply for medicare ? I'm from Ireland so iv never been entitled to it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We are 14 1/2 months too...still no news. I sent an email requesting an update because I thought it was after 13 months you could do that but got an auto reply saying that they wouldn't provide any updates until after 15 months waiting. Looking increasingly unlikely to get a result before Christmas :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hubby & I submitted his application today (still in the process of uploading docs) so guessing I'll be hanging around this thread for the next year (plus however long the waiting period has ballooned out to by then).....

We're hoping he'll get the 801 immidiately as we've been married for 7 1/2 years, and living together in Norway for a little over 7 years (just arrived back in Aus this past week).

901 - 920 of 6617 Posts