Australia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I thought you were probably the same Gem from my blog! I didn't ask just in case. ;) Good to see you here. So glad to hear you might be able to get the medical extended. I wondered if they would make exceptions for people who had no health issues whose medicals expired just a little while before they were ready to make a decision. That should be good news for some people!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes Inkhearted I do hope that news is calming to some or at least an avenue to explore.

Handed in AFP check today, and they confirmed in person we have a CO. Don't know who it is though. It's moving. Thats enough for right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
An update on the FBI situation.

Last Thursday, they told us it was mailed on Tuesday (28th of jan).
Today, two different agents told me they have absolutely no record of it.

I have no idea what to think or do. I think today we will reprint all the forms, and pay fedex whatever they charge for the fastest delivery service they have with signed for delivery. I can't think of anything else to do.

We are just praying Immi don't reject because we can't deliver it in a reasonable timeframe :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
They won't reject. Make a copy of your application and keep a copy of the receipt from FedEx. You can scan these into immigration and let them know what's happened. My CO was extremely understanding of the FBI situation--sounded like she was as fed up with them as I was!

I would also get back on the phone with the FBI and ask for an explanation. I was told multiple things about mine and ended up getting a real answer eventually... if you mention that they told you it was sent out and then said there was no record, it's possible you could argue for some expedited processing. I'm not sure how that would go, but it's worth a try.

Hope you are able to get it soon! :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the reassurance Inkhearted. We are expecting the "please submit xyz" email from Immi on Monday.

How much did Fedex cost you? I'm seeing some pretty high quotes on the internet. Is it worth it or just ship via Australia Post Courier 2 day delivery?

·
Registered
182 Posts
We ended up sending by Australia Post because of the extra cost elsewhere. I would say it's probably worth it to submit via Australia Post because of that. Ours was something like $25 or so, but I can't remember exactly which envelope we sent off. I'd just ask someone at the post office for an envelope that will get your documents to the FBI quickly that you can also track, and they'll set you up! Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those playing along at home...

We received an email late Friday asking for more relationship evidence - despite being told that we were all OK on that front. We were headed out of town already so have spent today gathering:
Flight receipts
Hotel receipts
Photos of dinners
Receipts of dinners
Joint bank statements

Will turn these in soon.

FBI check arrived safely and is signed for (ended up going with Australia Post, cost around $45). Suppose we are in a 5-6 week long queue for that one to be processed, let alone sent.

Now just twiddling thumbs waiting.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I'm so sorry MrsGemH!

It just boggles my mind how they pick and choose which applications to pick up. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I wish they would go in the order that the applications arrive so that everyone could have at least a little peace of mind!
I fully agree and think it is quite unfair that someone I know from work applied later at the same office (four months after we did) and got granted after 3 months while we are now at 13.

If they had a written rule to justify or explain it, sure. But the randomness of it seems unfair.

Whatever the reason was for their faster processing, just say it openly. Why make people guess? Was it just a lucky day? Case officer dependent? A better case? Are Italians processed quicker than Dutch people? Did the fact that he'd already been in Australia for three years speed it up? Was it REALLY random?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi guys,

I thought I'd add my details to this!

I applied for an 820 partner visa on December 11th 2013. Was front loaded with medical/form 80/police checks

Bridging visa A and acknowledgement letters were sent to me December 12th 2013.

I am from the UK and my partner is Australian.... interested to see how long it takes!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 820 was approved last Friday and I applied in August 2013 so 6 months total wait. Decision ready apart from medicals that were completed 3 weeks after application. I am from the UK and applied onshore in Sydney. I know someone else on here who had a similar application to mine that applied in July 2013 and was approved a few weeks before me so the timeline seemed to fit with DIBP approving them in date order (providing they have all the information they need of course)

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 820 was approved last Friday and I applied in August 2013 so 6 months total wait. Decision ready apart from medicals that were completed 3 weeks after application. I am from the UK and applied onshore in Sydney. I know someone else on here who had a similar application to mine that applied in July 2013 and was approved a few weeks before me so the timeline seemed to fit with DIBP approving them in date order (providing they have all the information they need of course)

I hope that helps.
Your situation is exactly the same as mine :). Hopefully they approve mine in 6 months too!

Stupid question but how do you tell its approved?! I cant login to VEVO as i didnt submit online..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your situation is exactly the same as mine :). Hopefully they approve mine in 6 months too!

Stupid question but how do you tell its approved?! I cant login to VEVO as i didnt submit online..
I didn't apply online either, you don't need to have applied online to access vevo, anyone can.

But I didn't find out that way, I got an email informing me that it had been approved and they said they will be sending a letter out in the mail but I have not received it yet.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys
my 820 has been granted today.
I was going through photocopy of my 820 application and realised
I did not send many evidence s compare to
other users. I was in dilemma to send extra evidences
or not like pic, before I send anything I got my grant
.yes I didnt even send pics.
I applied in may 2013 and im from high risk country.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I fully agree and think it is quite unfair that someone I know from work applied later at the same office (four months after we did) and got granted after 3 months while we are now at 13.

If they had a written rule to justify or explain it, sure. But the randomness of it seems unfair.

Whatever the reason was for their faster processing, just say it openly. Why make people guess? Was it just a lucky day? Case officer dependent? A better case? Are Italians processed quicker than Dutch people? Did the fact that he'd already been in Australia for three years speed it up? Was it REALLY random?
Wow that's terribly long wait.. I've got no idea why some takes so long. I have no bloody clue really, but my onshore visa was granted on the same day I lodged my application. very quick! I don't know about Italian processed quicker than Dutch, all I know I came from a country that immigration consider as high risk. better case? I don't think mine was better either. Lucky day? Could be..lol

But anyway hopefully things go well for ya. And get ya grant letter soon.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it makes anyone feel better I am waiting over 25 months for 820 visa and applied in Sydney office which later moved my file to Victoria.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am from high risk country, the only reason is they are waiting on security checks to be completed by ASIO, I put in a complaint with IGIS they say everything is going fine with the checks and it's a usual delay and many applicants are experiencing it as well.

I don't have children or anything to complicated the case any further it's just a straight forward case I been living in oz for over 7 years.

Just frustrated really can't get a decent job :(

101 - 120 of 6576 Posts