Australia Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 6623 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yey!! Visa granted today! Took 10.5 months.. No emails, no contact from immi, just visa grant straight away :) just had my first glass of wine since getting pregnant and having our baby!

Patience is really a virtue. Hang in there guys!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wish they would hurry up and approve my visa. I really hate waiting at it's been 13 months. I see people apply after we applied and getting their visa before me. It makes me paranoid and all anxious.
We just want to get on with our lives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guy. I applied for partner visa 820 onshore on mrch 2 2015 , i already got my BVapA aswell . I just want to know if i should get my medical exam and police check now or just wait for the immigration to tell mo to get it? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi guy. I applied for partner visa 820 onshore on mrch 2 2015 , i already got my BVapA aswell . I just want to know if i should get my medical exam and police check now or just wait for the immigration to tell mo to get it? Thanks guys.
I applied on 3/3/15 so pretty close to when you did. I think I'm going to wait until June or July to get mine done--of course if immi asks I'll submit sooner.

I got a Bridging Visa C because I submitted my visa late (2-3 days after my visitor expired--passport issue. I sent in an application for work rights last Friday and surprisingly that was approved yesterday. So, now I can work YAY!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I applied on 3/3/15 so pretty close to when you did. I think I'm going to wait until June or July to get mine done--of course if immi asks I'll submit sooner.

I got a Bridging Visa C because I submitted my visa late (2-3 days after my visitor expired--passport issue. I sent in an application for work rights last Friday and surprisingly that was approved yesterday. So, now I can work YAY!
Thanks for replying, i'll just gonna do mine if the immi ask for it.
Goodluck for the two uf us on finding a job and for our visa application . 😂😊

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi All

Good news from our end. Just been granted 820. I'm all shaky :) I applied online from Melbourne end of July.

Just a quick question. I was expecting the 801 directly. We moved together in August 2012, married Jan 2013 and our son was born Oct 2013 . Isnt that a pr directly? If so, what can I do? Thanks guys.

Just wanted to say this forum is a blessing. Everyone contributing in this forum is helping people in a great way. Thank you for all your help. Without this forum it would have been a very difficult ride.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just a quick question. I was expecting the 801 directly. We moved together in August 2012, married Jan 2013 and our son was born Oct 2013 . Isnt that a pr directly? If so, what can I do? Thanks guys.
Need a minimum of 3 years together or 2 years old kid involved, so you aren't eligible for a direct 801

·
Registered
42 Posts
Need a minimum of 3 years together or 2 years old kid involved, so you aren't eligible for a direct 801
Hi Max. First of all great name. One of the best simpsons episodes

The way I read the requirement is, that as soon as you have a child, the requirement is only 2 years de facto. We are married for 2 years. So that's fine. Not that the child has to be 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hi All

Good news from our end. Just been granted 820. I'm all shaky :) I applied online from Melbourne end of July.

Just wanted to say this forum is a blessing. Everyone contributing in this forum is helping people in a great way. Thank you for all your help. Without this forum it would have been a very difficult ride.
Congrats.

The case officer is correct because it is at time of application requirement. Based on what you said you didn't meet the 2 years together prior to lodgement that is why they granted the 820.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats.

The case officer is correct because it is at time of application requirement. Based on what you said you didn't meet the 2 years together prior to lodgement that is why they granted the 820.
And Now have to wait 2 years? If I had just Waited until September with my application it would have been 801 right away. Doesn't seem to make sense....

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
And Now have to wait 2 years? If I had just Waited until September with my application it would have been 801 right away. Doesn't seem to make sense....
It is 2 months from 820 application date that you are eligible to apply so July 2016 and about 3 to 4 months to process so you will get 801 around November 2016.

Correct, if you had applied in September you would have gone straight to 801.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yep, I know - it's silly that they make you wait 2 years just because you applied 2 months too early - but that's how it works, unfortunately. The cutoff has to be somewhere - and that's where they choose to draw the line.

Reactions: slater.maul

·
Registered
40 Posts
VEVO - little comforting needed - suddenly panicked

Hey all,

I know, I should be all cool and patient and just relax until immigration gives me whatever notice. But today, I out of sudden felt like I should check my VEVO to check my Visa situation.

I should be on a tourist visa right now (600) which should expire in the middle of May. Then my Bridging Visa A should be in effect.

Well, I checked VEVO for all my TRN and Visa Grant numbers and it keeps giving me a confusing and non-explaining error message like my details would be wrong. But they are not :eek: HELP ... whats going on? :confused:

Is there just some issue with VEVO or do I have a reason to be worried? :confused:

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
VISA Granted!

My partner was finally granted his VISA granted today!

Visa: Subclass 820
Nationality: Ireland
Applied: Paper, Onshore through Melbourne Office
Application Date: 7 Feb 2014
Police Checks: January 2014
Medicals: November 2014
VISA GRANTED: 23 March 2015 (via email)

We were contacted 2 weeks ago and asked to date a form that we somehow missed which we sent back via Registered Post so took another week for approval to come through. Just in time for us to have to avoid paying for another Bridging Visa B to attend a wedding back at home! :)

Thanks to everyone for all of your advice! It really helped us put together our application meaning we could avoid expensive agent fees etc

·
Registered
40 Posts
La.vie that would be incredibly quick. But I guess I have no other choice than just to wait ;)

Reactions: slater.maul

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, I checked VEVO for all my TRN and Visa Grant numbers and it keeps giving me a confusing and non-explaining error message like my details would be wrong. But they are not :eek: HELP ... whats going on? :confused:

Is there just some issue with VEVO or do I have a reason to be worried? :confused:

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!
I'm not sure what your error message says, but I've been having problems with VEVO sometimes as well (not recently though as I haven't used it) when I tried to log in.
Just try it with different numbers (e.g. visa grant number instead of TRN or vice versa,..), I was only able to log in with one of them for some reason.
I'd also say wait a little bit and if this problem still occurs, contact them and ask them to give you a password (haven't tried that, just advice that I've read here on the forum).

1221 - 1240 of 6623 Posts