Australia Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 6632 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all,
My boyfriend (Italian) Is applying for an 820 defacto visa in November. We have been collecting evidence for 10months now. I would love some advice on the evidence we have so far...

(I met him in Jan 2014 while I lived in the UK and he moved back to Australia with me Dec 2014 when my visa was up - he is now on a WHV in Australia)

- Pictures of us
- Pictures of my sister when she met him (Jan 2014)
- Picture of me and his best friend
- PIctures of him and my friends/family
- Facebook Time Line
- Bank statement showing my family lending us $5000 so he could have an Australia WHV
- Name on lease
- Itemized phone call list (jan 2014 - Dec 2014 while I lived in the UK)
- Itemized phone call list for Australia when the time comes (from jan 2015 - Oct 2015) showing our daily phone calls
- Joint UK bank account - since June 2014
Stat Decs from my UK housemates about him living at my address from Sep - Dec 2014 as his name was not on the lease
- His Payslips with My UK address on them.
- Flights to Australia together
- Stat decs from my friends and fam
- Registered our Relationship with NSW as De facto
- Joint Bank Account Australia - Dec 2014
- Next of Kin at Doctors
- Bank Statments of financial support between the two of us
- I took Italian Lessons so I could communicate with his family better
- Emails/FB messages between me and his parents
- Holiday to Melbourne together x 2
- Hotels in his name
- Evidence we are both saving for the 820 application cost
- Superannuation benificiaries
- Moving to Melbourne together
- Fly Buys Joint Membership.
- Messages/Emails to my friends family about the start of our relationship

and now looking at possibly writing a will and maybe a few other little things.

anyone who has applied have some good evidence we may be missing?
Also, how are we going so far? we still have till November to get things together and to apply! Not going to apply decision ready.

Would love some feed back!

thankyou!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. I have a question to those people who applied online. On the needed document lists under Person 1 (which is me) I was asked to provide a statement of our relationship like evidence that we are living together, household and history of relationship etc... But under Person 2 (my sponsor), there is none that says "Evidence of relationship" or "Evidence of mutual commitment" etc.. Does that mean that my sponsor does not need to provide evidence or statement about our relationship? Or do my sponsor still need to make a statement and I will upload the statement under my document's lists? Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At the top of the page it there is a button that says attach document. Press that select applicant (sponsor) then go through the list and find the category you need
Was this the same case with other applicants where the sponsor is not ask to provide evidence of relationship?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey guys,
The sponsor isn't required to provide an AFP police check unless one of the applicants is under age 18. The evidence of relationship documents can be uploaded under both the applicant and sponsor's name, but other than the required identity documents for the sponsor or past relationship documents for the sponsor (e.g. proof of divorce), you do not *have* to upload other evidence documents under the sponsor's name. I think many people do in order to remain under the maximum limit. For example, we uploaded our photos under the sponsor's name.

Reactions: Schutz24

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all! This forum is just such a gold mine! Applied for my 820 last August, but have been getting a little stressed out with the long wait. Came on here to do a little research and have now (gulp) spent close to 4 hours reading posts!

Would anyone know if there is a thread specifically for 820 Onshore applicants from High Risk countries? It's just that it seems like there's a significant difference in waiting time for low risk applicants vs. high risk ....for instance, I had a brief ecstatic moment when I read that lots of folks heard back around the 10th month (it's been around 10 for us now) and then I noticed most of the posters were from the UK , or US or other low risk countries...whereas a couple of Pakistani applicants appear to have been waiting more than 18 months!!!.....my happy bubble burst :(

Is a longer than 12 month wait usually standard for ALL high risk countries? Are there any threads with specific advice/support?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a quick question reguarding Medicare when you've applied for an 820/801 I already have an interim card, I got when I moved here. Do I get another card? Or do I keep that one until I'm a PR? If I was to fall pregnant say, would I be covered

·
Registered
2 Posts
the interim card usually valid for one year, you can renew your card for another year when it expired. By the time your 801 is granted, you will receive a formal medicare card or you can get it from medicare office.
if you are gonna have babe, maybe you should check out those private insurance like HBF, thats what my girl friends do. there much be sth medicare does cover for pregnant, but i am not sure what those things are. talk to professionals, they would tell you more.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Just a quick question reguarding Medicare when you've applied for an 820/801 I already have an interim card, I got when I moved here. Do I get another card? Or do I keep that one until I'm a PR? If I was to fall pregnant say, would I be covered
The interim card you will keep until you get PR (they automatically send you new cards when the previous expires). They will automatically send you a green Medicare card when you get PR.

Yes you are covered under Medicare for everything regarding the baby if you fall pregnant and the birth is 100% covered in a public hospital.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I applied for the 820 the 2nd of June in Perth and i received few days ago my bridging visa A grant letter by mail...I got a tourist visa until the 7th of July 2015.
i cant see anything about it on my immiaccount tho. Is it normal?

thanks ophé :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi,

I applied for the 820 the 2nd of June in Perth and i received few days ago my bridging visa A grant letter by mail...I got a tourist visa until the 7th of July 2015.
i cant see anything about it on my immiaccount tho. Is it normal?

thanks ophé :)
Hey, your bridging visa wont come into affect until 8th july when your tourist visa expires. Same with me, my tpurist visa ended 19th feb and my bridging visa became active 20th feb. Unfortunately you'll get no more notification it just all happens automatically.

1401 - 1420 of 6632 Posts