Australia Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. I just received my 801 visa today, came through directly no 820 visa and no contact from case officer (we are together 4yrs and have a baby). I applied at the end of July 2014. My medical had expired in May but wasn't requested to renew this. Thanks so much to all that post such helpful info on here and I hope everyone else gets a grant letter soon! Its a great feeling and a real relief! I was checking this almost daily to see what was happening!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, your bridging visa wont come into affect until 8th july when your tourist visa expires. Same with me, my tpurist visa ended 19th feb and my bridging visa became active 20th feb. Unfortunately you'll get no more notification it just all happens automatically.
Thank you for your reply :) I just need to be patient..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations! Did you apply for the permanent visa straight up, or did they calculate it that you had lived together long enough? I have put that we have been in a de facto relationship on the form since 19th December 2013, which is coming up for 2 years, however I believe we have evidence to show that we may have been considered de facto for longer than that.. It depends what they accept as evidence I suppose! It's been hard for us as he is in the army, and he goes away a lot, and I have been travelling back to the UK for short periods of time to see family/work.

Going straight to permanent rather than temporary for 2 years - permanent would be sooo much easier for us, but again - it's up to the department isn't it!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations, bmb24! We told them specifically that we wanted them to consider us directly for 801 (together 8 years, married for 4), but they do this automatically if you fit the criteria and have substantiating evidence.

LivNaomi, if you indicated December 2013 as the beginning, then my understanding is that DIBP would take it as at the time of application you did not fit the requirement to go straight to PR/801. In the 1127 Partner Migration booklet, page 37, it says:
"In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you lodge your application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:
• at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for 3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship; or
• your partner holds or held a permanent humanitarian visa and you were in the relationship before the visa was granted and this relationship was declared to the department at the time (applies to subclass 100 visas only).
"

It has been said on the forum that for de facto relationships DIBP often considers the date when you started living together as the beginning of the de facto relationship. It might be a bit tricky to go back and revise this date, but if you have solid evidence from that earlier date going forward and if you really want them to consider you to go straight to 801, then it wouldn't hurt to look into it (i.e. consult Mark or others on the forum about whether revising this kind of information is risky or beneficial). At the very worst, if you leave things as is, you'll receive TR/820 and have PM/801 soon thereafter.

Cheers, Misha

Reactions: LivNaomi

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Congratulations! Did you apply for the permanent visa straight up, or did they calculate it that you had lived together long enough? I have put that we have been in a de facto relationship on the form since 19th December 2013, which is coming up for 2 years, however I believe we have evidence to show that we may have been considered de facto for longer than that.. It depends what they accept as evidence I suppose! It's been hard for us as he is in the army, and he goes away a lot, and I have been travelling back to the UK for short periods of time to see family/work.

Going straight to permanent rather than temporary for 2 years - permanent would be sooo much easier for us, but again - it's up to the department isn't it!
To be considered for 801 you need to either be de facto for 2 years (with a child) or 3 years (without a child).

It is an at time of lodgement requirement so even if you had a child together at time of lodging you would not be considered for PR straight up as your 2 years isn't until December.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Yay just recieved my visa at 7pm lol they must of been working late. Took 12 days not bad :)
Congrats! Probably just before they went home ;) (most public servants can work anywhere between 7am and 7pm) unless it was from Perth.

They must be on a roll today ... this is the 2nd PMV to 820 granted today.

·
Registered
195 Posts
11months later I got my 820 granted!!! Applied 7th July 14 and got it yesterday 10th June 15. So so happy as I was a bit nervous we hadnt enough evidence because we spent three years long distance. We didn't do statemenys just filled yhe boxes on yhe actual application form. My AFP Check expired in May and I haven't had time to redo it but that was fine.

I'm so so happy!! Just a year now until we can apply for Permanant Residency.

I applied online from Melbourne but my application was sent to Perth (I got an auto generated email in May).

Good luck everyone still waiting. This forum has been a goldmine of information!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congratulations to you both LouElla... wonderful news... for the 801, just keep gathering plenty of information and evidence from the time of your 820 grant. Cheers... :):):)
Thank you!! Yeah I've got a folder that i started from the begining of this year just to add things too. Im assuming its similar to 820 evidence?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thank you!! Yeah I've got a folder that i started from the begining of this year just to add things too. Im assuming its similar to 820 evidence?
Congratulations!! Happy for you! i am hoping mine comes in soon too i just finished uploading the extra information they had asked for and did my health checks last week which is all cleared now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I've just registered on the forum after MONTHS of invaluable researching on here!

I wanted to join this thread just to keep up to date with what's happening out there with regard to the granting of 820 visas!

I applied for my 820/801 visa online and onshore from Perth, in September 2014. So far I haven't had any contact from a case officer but from what I can see, it is to be expected and I have a bit of a wait still ahead!

Looking forward to contributing to this thread!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I've just registered on the forum after MONTHS of invaluable researching on here!

I wanted to join this thread just to keep up to date with what's happening out there with regard to the granting of 820 visas!

I applied for my 820/801 visa online and onshore from Perth, in September 2014. So far I haven't had any contact from a case officer but from what I can see, it is to be expected and I have a bit of a wait still ahead!

Hello and welcome. We can all sit here together and wait patiently. I will bring the popcorn haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Patiently waiting too

Hi Everyone!

Hello all.

I've been a silent observer to this thread too ever since I submitted my 801 application on 1st October 2014.

The thread has been an amazing wealth of information that has helped me on my way and i'd like to thank all the regular contributors for your assistance.

Leema, my situation is similar to yours. I'm a UK citizen but on an NZ passport (Married to a kiwi for 14 years). She has PR and can apply for citizenship next January. Applied online and onshore from Perth, 8 months and 11 days ago and excitedly awaiting news. No CO yet. It seems the average low risk application is being processed around the 10 month mark at the moment so still a little while to wait for me maybe.

I'm checking this site regularly now to see when grants are being made. Congratulations to all those who have had success and I hope to be posting with positive news also soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all

Just got my visa granted yesterday.

FYI, here's my complete timeline

20/10/2014 Application Lodged - Decision Ready (with all doc. Medical & etc.)
21/10/2014 Acknowledgment letter
11/06/2015 820 TR Granted (letter from IMMI, forwarded by MA)
12/06/2015 Access error on VEVO by visa grant number, rang IMMI to speak.
12/06/2015 Found out I have actually been granted 801 Permanent Visa
12/06/2015 Spoke to my MA to confirm there were second grant letter sent after the first one)

So all finished no more visas ... yayyyyy

·
Registered
798 Posts
Congratulations!

Great news! Thanks for sharing with us all. Best wishes to you both for a long, happy and successful life together in Oz. Time to open the bubbly! :) :) :)

Hello all

12/06/2015 Spoke to my MA to confirm there were second grant letter sent after the first one)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great News!

That's great news :) So happy to hear of more visas being granted; enjoy the celebrations - you must be so relieved!

Hello all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all

That's GREAT! Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how did you get to go straight to Permanent?! That's incredible. I can't wait for all this to be finished, I'm finding it incredibly stressful! Hahah. Congratulations again, I bet it must feel like such a relief! :) xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys - any help would be REALLY appreciated!

I'm currently adding more and more stuff to my application. Any idea on what I should add for 'Evidence of Nature of the Household?!' - I'm really struggling with this one, as it seems to overlap with stuff I have added under other headings, and I don't really want to be uploading things twice - I'm not sure the case officer would appreciate that! Haha.. I'm not really sure what to do! Any help would be amazing!

Also, what are the main categories that you MUST have evidence for? Is it:

Length of De Facto Relationship
Nature of Household
Financial Aspects
Social Aspects

I find a lot of the stuff I've added into one, overlap into the others.. I'm hoping the case officers are clever and can see that!? Haha... I'm just worried as I really want it to be perfect, and not confusing for them to trawl through!

Liv x

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Liv!

I also found when uploading my documents things overlapped but it's fine, don't upload the same evidence twice! The CO will find it all! For nature of the household I think I really only uploaded our rental agreement and some joint mail (again this also satisfied the requirements for other sections but as I had nothing in nature of the household, I uploaded it into there and wrote a short statement to say it also satisfied other sections). Of course everyone probably does things differently and you may get some other advice too!

Also regarding the headings - I'm not too sure and maybe someone who has applied more recently can help with the terms used now but when I applied (September 2014) the broad areas to satisfy were:

1. Nature of the household
2.Social context of the relationship.
3.Financial.
4. Nature of commitment (this would include the length and evidence that the relationship is ongoing).

Good luck with all the uploading!

Hey guys - any help would be REALLY appreciated!

I'm currently adding more and more stuff to my application. Any idea on what I should add for 'Evidence of Nature of the Household?!' - I'm really struggling with this one, as it seems to overlap with stuff I have added under other headings, and I don't really want to be uploading things twice - I'm not sure the case officer would appreciate that! Haha.. I'm not really sure what to do! Any help would be amazing!

Also, what are the main categories that you MUST have evidence for? Is it:

Length of De Facto Relationship
Nature of Household
Financial Aspects
Social Aspects

I find a lot of the stuff I've added into one, overlap into the others.. I'm hoping the case officers are clever and can see that!? Haha... I'm just worried as I really want it to be perfect, and not confusing for them to trawl through!

Liv x

1421 - 1440 of 6595 Posts