Australia Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
ny idea on what I should add for 'Evidence of Nature of the Household?!'

*** if you think you have already attached some documents that supports a category then you dont need to repeat them. You're right they can get a bit redundant.

any idea on what I should add for 'Evidence of Nature of the Household?!'

*** this is more like describing your household dynamics. In my case I wrote who does what in the house. I do dishes when partner cooks. etc. Its more like writing a story of your household situation. Hope that helps. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,
My boyfriend (Italian) Is applying for an 820 defacto visa in November. We have been collecting evidence for 10months now. I would love some advice on the evidence we have so far...

(I met him in Jan 2014 while I lived in the UK and he moved back to Australia with me Dec 2014 when my visa was up - he is now on a WHV in Australia)

- Pictures of us
- Pictures of my sister when she met him (Jan 2014)
- Picture of me and his best friend
- PIctures of him and my friends/family
- Facebook Time Line
- Bank statement showing my family lending us $5000 so he could have an Australia WHV
- Name on lease
- Itemized phone call list (jan 2014 - Dec 2014 while I lived in the UK)
- Itemized phone call list for Australia when the time comes (from jan 2015 - Oct 2015) showing our daily phone calls
- Joint UK bank account - since June 2014
Stat Decs from my UK housemates about him living at my address from Sep - Dec 2014 as his name was not on the lease
- His Payslips with My UK address on them.
- Flights to Australia together
- Stat decs from my friends and fam
- Registered our Relationship with NSW as De facto
- Joint Bank Account Australia - Dec 2014
- Next of Kin at Doctors
- Bank Statments of financial support between the two of us
- I took Italian Lessons so I could communicate with his family better
- Emails/FB messages between me and his parents
- Holiday to Melbourne together x 2
- Hotels in his name
- Evidence we are both saving for the 820 application cost
- Superannuation benificiaries
- Moving to Melbourne together
- Fly Buys Joint Membership.
- Messages/Emails to my friends family about the start of our relationship

and now looking at possibly writing a will and maybe a few other little things.

anyone who has applied have some good evidence we may be missing?
Also, how are we going so far? we still have till November to get things together and to apply! Not going to apply decision ready.

Would love some feed back!

thankyou!
Some suggestions,

1. DIY Wil kit from the post office and attach that as evidence
2. You could also get joint health insurance/extra cover and attach a copy of the card with both your names on it as evidence.
3. Same goes with Ambulance membership, not sure if you can get it in your state, but in Victoria you can get Ambulance cover and both be covered under the one policy.
4. Tax office statements, I believe that if you both live together and are in a relationship, the ATO considers you to be in a spouse relationship.
5. One or both of you could get a life insurance policy, I know there are ones with 50k cover which start at about $8 per month to cover.

These are some of the things that both myself and my partner attached as evidence. Our visa was recently granted. Good Luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I finished our 820 application on Friday the 5th of June. Omg, I am still losing sleep over it. I've asked a bunch of questions on the main forum. Now going to be watching this forum eagerly to hear about people getting their application granted. Fingers crossed you all hear more soon!. Thinking about everyone in this situation. I feel so alone out in the world thinking about it, but in here it's nice to be able to chat with everyone in the forum. I just want to say thank you for all the help everyone has provided us. We couldn't have gotten this far without the help of the forum.

What are we supposed to do now after applying?! lol

pdub x

·
Registered
283 Posts
any idea on what I should add for 'Evidence of Nature of the Household?!'

*** this is more like describing your household dynamics. In my case I wrote who does what in the house. I do dishes when partner cooks. etc. Its more like writing a story of your household situation. Hope that helps. :p
That's what we did, which turned out to be pretty lengthy for 8 years together. We wrote about how the dynamics changed when we moved house, and when one of us was studying and the other working. This is where we mapped out where we lived together and when so that they had a reference point for the mail and documents showing addresses. In addition to the evidence suggested on the forum for this section (rental contracts, joint correspondence, shared household expenses, joint tax returns), we added our overseas voter registration applications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
820 visa grant pakistan 10 months

Dear All

I have been granted 820 visa in 10 months. I am from Pakistan (high risk) and i was on a student visa, before applying for my partner visa. Never came on bridging visa as my student visa was valid until september 2015. I thought its gona take 18 months but seem da department has raised its service level. My time line is as follows.

Got married in June 2014
Applied visa in septemer 2014 along police and medical check
Request for additional documents (form 80) oct 2014
820 visa granted in June 2015

cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dumb question here guys, but we are waiting on my husbands 820. We were contacted and told to send in our marriage certificate ... I sent the one you get on the day like an idiot....lol. anyhow, my mother-in-law went to the registry office in Tonga (where we married) and got us the correct one but it's only a certified copy... Which is fine but that's all we have ...like, can I certify a certified copy of a document? Lol.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dumb question here guys, but we are waiting on my husbands 820. We were contacted and told to send in our marriage certificate ... I sent the one you get on the day like an idiot....lol. anyhow, my mother-in-law went to the registry office in Tonga (where we married) and got us the correct one but it's only a certified copy... Which is fine but that's all we have ...like ***can I certify a certified copy of a document? Lol.
*** not you personally. There are designated people who can do so.

Who can certify a copy of a document?

Any person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live can certify documents. All our offices outside Australia have a person who can certify or witness documents. You might have to pay for this service.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So I got an email from my CO...before I opened it I was so excited and breathing so heavily. I didn't know what to expect and I guess I was scared and happy at the same time.

Anyway, they asked for few more documents. So my question to you people, is:

When you guys attached your ATO tax refund forms (if you have) and you have declared your relationship to the ATO, is there a way to extract that document so you can attach it as evidence with the visa application? My partner can't find hers but she definitely declared us as de facto on her form, it's just that we can't find it. Is there a way to locate that form either online or ask the ATO to send it back? There must be a way.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Bay56: how did she lodged? Paper/etax/mygov/tax agent?

Etax you can log in and you can print the tax return - I just PDF'd the page that showed I said I had a husband.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Applied for partner 820 visa on July 2nd last year and on the 22nd of May i received a phone call from my case officer requesting for health check up and form 80. Completed that a week ago and i emailed my case officer last Thursday asking if she needed anything else. Finally got a reply today stating my visa will very unlikely be approved before the new financial period starts. Sighs i suppose they do have some wort of a quota for partner visas or rather they just slow down when it comes to the end the financial period.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have they at least responded saying they received the application? Usually they do that fairly soon after the application is lodged.
But if you're just waiting to hear from a CO, could be a few months still. It says 15 months is the high end of the waiting time at the moment on their site.
Actually got my visa on February, I think calling them helps. I called IMMI the days before my visa granted, but on the phone they say it usually takes between 12 and 15 months. But on the second day, I got my visa. Waited 10 months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys

When you say you contacted the Department, which number do you phone?

I phoned yesterday at 15:57 and started out as #79. After 1:06:08 I was down to #25 and got stuck there for about 10mins when I just couldn't hold on anymore! I couldn't believe it!

Kind regards
Mietsie

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi, first time posting!
I applied for my 820 at the start of January this year, and I received the email letting me know they'd received my valid application and the receipt for payment etc
I haven't been assigned a CO as far as I know, but I'm not really expecting to hear until next year to be honest, I've settled in for a long wait!
I applied through the post to the office in Perth, as I live in Alice Springs and the Darwin office doesn't accept these applications apparently!

Very exciting though!
How did everyone find the application process? I did it myself as opposed to with a migration agent and didn't find it too bad, gathering evidence was the worst part! Had to get things sent fro the UK to get copies of etc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, first time posting!
I applied for my 820 at the start of January this year, and I received the email letting me know they'd received my valid application and the receipt for payment etc
I haven't been assigned a CO as far as I know, but I'm not really expecting to hear until next year to be honest, I've settled in for a long wait!
I applied through the post to the office in Perth, as I live in Alice Springs and the Darwin office doesn't accept these applications apparently!

Very exciting though!
How did everyone find the application process? I did it myself as opposed to with a migration agent and didn't find it too bad, gathering evidence was the worst part! Had to get things sent fro the UK to get copies of etc
***I find it quite easy actually. I did the online application. mind you I got so much help from people on this forum. It was such a blessing to have found this when I was processing mine. It helped me a lot. I applied for my 820 coming from a PMV. It was approved in less than a month which came as a total surprise. I hope you will get yours soon. Best of luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi everyone!!

I am on the waiting list of the PMV application from Phils..Would like to ask or clarify something and i hope u guys can help me..Soon after the PMV approval, we will be applying Partner Visa 820 after the wedding, my question, is the fee for that will be the increased Partner Visa Fee ( AUD 6k+)?

Thank you!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everyone!!

I am on the waiting list of the PMV application from Phils..Would like to ask or clarify something and i hope u guys can help me..Soon after the PMV approval, we will be applying Partner Visa 820 after the wedding, my question, is the fee for that will be the increased Partner Visa Fee ( AUD 6k+)?

Thank you!
*** Coming from PMV you will only be paying the 1k+ fee. I don't know if there is an increase by July though.

1441 - 1460 of 6595 Posts