1521 - 1540 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on your 820, ak640!

·
Registered
24 Posts
WoHooo!! I can finally say I am in this group - I applied for 820 this evening (took hours) and hopefully (cross all my fingers and toes) I did it correctly.
I had to get my partner to create his own account and I'm a little skeptical it didn't correlate properly!

But here is for the waiting game!

Thanks for all your support guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I applied on 26th April 2015 for Partner 820. Apart from the bridging visa grant I haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? Have I missed something? Should I call DIBP? Or is this normal? I know the wait can be a day to a year and a half. Looks like mine may end up being a longer wait.
Hi there, I rang few weeks ago to check with my BVB. The officer told me I wouldn't hear anything till they need the police check or health check. So no CO, nothing at this moment. It doesn't look real at all.

As I applied once offshore, there was CO assigned in few weeks time.

* applied onshore by paper the end of March 2015.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi there, I rang few weeks ago to check with my BVB. The officer told me I wouldn't hear anything till they need the police check or health check. So no CO, nothing at this moment. It doesn't look real at all.

As I applied once offshore, there was CO assigned in few weeks time.

* applied onshore by paper the end of March 2015.
I applied for partner 820 online on the 3rd of July last year and never heard anything back till almost 11 months later when my case officer rang me to ask me for my health check up and a month after I got approved. My advice is just sit back and wait. Most people do not hear from the co until closer to the gran date or if they require further evidence :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
820 Visa Granted!

hi there,
I just wanted to post my visa journey so far as I have found this forum really helpful in submitting my application.

I'm from the UK. My partner and I had been together 2 years and 10 months at the time of application and living together for over 2 years.

Lodged via courier: 16 September 2014
More info requested: 11 June 2015 (AFP certificate and health check)
More info submitted: 1 July 2015 (medical results were sent to the department by Bupa on 6 July)
820 Visa granted: 20 July 2015

10 months isn't too bad but the waiting was terrible!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrat Aus

Mine is 9 months and 12days now, not hear anything. i done health check and AFP already. I am just waiting for they call my name, asking for more info or give me visa.

Which office you are applied?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Throwing my hat in the ring...

Applied 11 months ago, submitted medicals and police certificates a while back (they weren't requested; I just followed the advice on the Immi website which now makes me feel a bit foolish!) :)

Patiently (*cough*) waiting :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Throwing my hat in the ring...

Applied 11 months ago, submitted medicals and police certificates a while back (they weren't requested; I just followed the advice on the Immi website which now makes me feel a bit foolish!) :)

Patiently (*cough*) waiting :)
Don't worry fingers crossed yours wouldn't be far away. I got mine granted on the 11st of this mth just a few days before I hit the 12mth mark and at that point my policeclhecks had expired by almost a mth and I asked my case officer if she needed me to get new ones but she did not reply lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't worry fingers crossed yours wouldn't be far away. I got mine granted on the 11st of this mth just a few days before I hit the 12mth mark and at that point my policeclhecks had expired by almost a mth and I asked my case officer if she needed me to get new ones but she did not reply lol
That's good to know! I've reached the "obsessively checking my email" stage haha :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a little confused (and impatient :)) with the whole waiting time thing. On the website it says visa can take 12-15 months to process whilst in a separate page (service standards) it says 820 Partner visas applied for onshore with applicants from low risk countries (which the UK is) should be processed in 6 months and are number 1 priority.

Can anyone clarify which is more likely or advise if it is worth contacting immigration?

Also, I have already submitted my police and health checks. Does anyone know whether this speeds things up at all?

I know I'm being impatient but I'm finding it so hard getting a permanent job on a WHV.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hi Hoddie32

The 12 to 15 months is correct the 6 months for low risk is outdated. However on this forum we have been seeing grants coming through at 10 to 12 months.

I believe on the WHV you can get the 6 month restriction waived since you will be on a BVA soon enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this group and forum. I applied for 820 on 15th Oct 2014, and since then it has been a waiting game.

I'm monitoring this thread on who else has gotten their 820. Based on everyone's response, looks like around 10-12 months. So I should be expecting some comms soon. (Fingers crossed).

Regards
Kathleen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this group and forum. I applied for 820 on 15th Oct 2014, and since then it has been a waiting game.

I'm monitoring this thread on who else has gotten their 820. Based on everyone's response, looks like around 10-12 months. So I should be expecting some comms soon. (Fingers crossed).

Regards
Kathleen
Same here. I applied on 1st Oct 2014 so coming up to 10 months soon. No news yet. I'll post when i hear something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I applied on 10th Oct 2014, case officer request health check just few days after that, then wait. Granted on 27th July 2015(last night). I thought the email from immi is request police check or something but its visa grant notice! Much quicker than I though,less than 10 months. Im from China, husband is local, my case is quit simple, no children, no previous marriage. Hope everyone good luck^_^

·
Registered
5 Posts
I applied on 10th Oct 2014, case officer request health check just few days after that, then wait. Granted on 27th July 2015(last night). I thought the email from immi is request police check or something but its visa grant notice! Much quicker than I though,less than 10 months. Im from China, husband is local, my case is quit simple, no children, no previous marriage. Hope everyone good luck^_^
by the way, I just pregnant for 15 weeks and did some medicare claim, I don't know is that helped or not but anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats jcap..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats Jcap
Mine applied 7th Oct 2014, hope coming soon. Health check done, since then , nothing more
Every hour am checking email
I think visa work pretty quick these day.

1521 - 1540 of 6595 Posts