Australia Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Visa 820

Hi

I'm new here.

I just wondering, I applied this one through migration agent, he applied this application online (his on holiday for 2 months).

I applied on 22 Sept 2014. My wife went back to her country to prepay our wedding on December. We arrived again in Australia on 7 January and we haven't leave country ever since.

I heard from our friends that normally this kind of Visa takes 6-8 months to process.

Received a bridging Visa the next day through email.

I have no idea which office does it go to?

Tried to ring Immigration, been waiting for almost 1 hour and decided to hang up.

Any help?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nothing to worry about. If you read the messages just before yours they seem to be granting august visas now. Processing times are quoted 12-15mths so even if you had gone through immigration that would have told you it's standard wait time

Congrats on the new grants! Hopefully mine isn't far away :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nothing to worry about. If you read the messages just before yours they seem to be granting august visas now. Processing times are quoted 12-15mths so even if you had gone through immigration that would have told you it's standard wait time

ok I will wait until early Oct

·
Registered
88 Posts

I applied Aug 23, if that helps :) Looks like your app was only a couple of days after mine, so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am Aussie and my wife is Chinese. My wife is 3 month pregnant and she would like to give birth in Melbourne. I would like to know if she uses ETA to come to Australia, and lodge her 820 application form online immediately, would she able to get the temporary Medicare Card in few days? Any waiting period for Medicare Card before using it?

Some off-topic questions, does Medicare Card cover prenatal checkups? is it possible to make a maternity booking at the hospital in advance (before she come to Australia)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I applied Aug 23, if that helps :) Looks like your app was only a couple of days after mine, so fingers crossed!
Don't put my hopes too high!! :D
Received email late April saying my case was transferred to Brisbane... waiting waiting waiting. Oh dear

acsecret I think you should consult a migration agent to present you case in the best light possible. Tourism visa is for tourism purposes; immigration might have doubts that she is here for tourism if she is pregnant and has her partner in Australia and might refuse her the visa/refuse her entry.

Make sure you also have chances to have your partner visa granted, as you don't seem to be living together. Being married is not always enough to obtain a partner visa.

Yes; you get the temporary card as soon as you apply for 820

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, got another silly question.

In the 820 online application, I have entered all the information. At the end of form, it shows it is "Ready to Submit", with a Submit button. However, I have not entered payment information or attach document. Do I make payment or attach document after the form is lodged?

·
Registered
10 Posts

In the 820 online application, I have entered all the information. At the end of form, it shows it is "Ready to Submit", with a Submit button. However, I have not entered payment information or attach document. Do I make payment or attach document after the form is lodged?
Hi acsecret,

Yes. When we did the payment, the application lodgement date is shown as the same date. This makes me believe that countdown of 12-15 months starts after you have made your payment. I had updated documents slowly and steadily within the 1 week after payment, and my lodgement date didn't change.

Regards
Kathleen

·
Registered
161 Posts

Submit and pay, after that you can upload documents

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lodged 820 visa in November 2014 after 9months and 6 days waiting ,Today I finally received an email from DIAC said:
Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted by the Department once processing of your application has commenced.

I'm wondering normally how long will it takes for the case officer allocated and contact with applicants after received the mail?
Much appreciated if anyone gives some feedback.
Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received the same email, lodged in Nov as well. It is just an automatically generated email that remind us to provide all the document they need. I think we still got 3-4 months to wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi htcerica,

May I ask where you applied from? did you apply from melbourne? I applied on the 3rd of November but I haven't received any email yet.

I lodged 820 visa in November 2014 after 9months and 6 days waiting ,Today I finally received an email from DIAC said:
Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted by the Department once processing of your application has commenced.

I'm wondering normally how long will it takes for the case officer allocated and contact with applicants after received the mail?
Much appreciated if anyone gives some feedback.
Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I received the same email, lodged in Nov as well. It is just an automatically generated email that remind us to provide all the document they need. I think we still got 3-4 months to wait.
I got this to today, applied november sent to brisbane office :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quick question about non Australian stat declarations!

whats the best way for these to be written up? Using the Australian 888 form and just stating they're non Australians/not in the country?
Or just writing up a word document with their statement? I'm so lost! Also what needs to be witnesses or attatched, such as I'd etc. just wanting to give my overseas friends the best info for when writing our stat decs!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quick question about non Australian stat declarations!

whats the best way for these to be written up? Using the Australian 888 form and just stating they're non Australians/not in the country?
Or just writing up a word document with their statement? I'm so lost! Also what needs to be witnesses or attatched, such as I'd etc. just wanting to give my overseas friends the best info for when writing our stat decs!
Hi Brittany

From what I read, non-Australians cannot write your 888 forms.

1601 - 1620 of 6595 Posts