Australia Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey Guys,

i have been following this post for some time now and it has helped us a lot, i have a unique situation ( as i have been told ) and need your help, i called today to immigration who gave me a email address " [email protected]" to send a enquiry with my questions.

thank you for taking the time to read this email, we need your help.

I applied for a spouse visa 820/301 on 15 feb 2015 online and onshore, i am currently on bridging visa and from France which is low risk assessment country.
we are planning to go for a 1 year backpacking trip around the world leaving on 15 November 2015, we have been planning this trip for a while and we both are big travellers, i have following questions if you can answer for us :)

1- if we leave in November it only makes up to be 9 months and from what we have been seeing its taking a year to grant the 820/301, we were thinking to take a 6 month bvb and once we hear back from a case officer we will come back to Australia and get the visa and go back overseas to continue our 1 year journey, what do you recommend ?
2- is it possible to get a 6 month bvb.
3- once we arrive back to Australia for the visa how long does it takes for case officer to approve visa 820 ( we have already submitted all the required docs including police check and medicals ).

to sum it all up what options do we have provided we applied on 15 feb 2015 and wish to leave for a 1 year backpacking trip on 15 November 2015.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You might want to contact a Migration Agent to discuss this.

The problems I see here are:
- Onshore is for people living in Australia - which you won't be anymore for a year backpacking trip. So they might just tell you to withdraw your application and apply from offshore

- They might not thing your reasons for travelling are valid - as BVB is for travel and you actually intend to go live overseas

- We don't know when your visa will be granted - it might be next Feb but it might as well be next July given how slow they are atm

- They don't like to grant BVB close to estimated granting date

You should talk to an agent because the way I see it what I would recommend is to either withdraw and apply from offshore but that's really costly and put you back at the end of the line; or don't plan a year trip - maybe plan 4-5 months and then backpack in Australia?

·
Registered
202 Posts
hey

we are planning to go for a 1 year backpacking trip around the world leaving on 15 November.
I thing the better choice is to push this trip forward in time.
Think about it..
I understand your wiew and understand the idea of being out travelling while the application is in progress. ..
I'm not sure that the Australian Border Force would have the same wiew..

I have already lost my PR once for working overseas...
And the reason was ( as told by Immigration) that they figured that i lacked commitment to australia because of that...
I didnt matter that my wife was Australian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thank you to those who replied.
it does seems like waiting to get the visa seems to be the most sensible thing to do, its mentally hard as we have been planning this dream holiday and it seems to be going far away from us.
surprisingly i got the reply from immi people today

"Thank you for your email.

Current processing times are between 13 and 15 months.

If you want to travel prior to your partner visa application being finalised, you can apply for a bridging visa B. You can request a grant period of 6 months however, this will be considered by the processing officer at the time of lodgement.

It is advisable to ensure all mandatory documents are provided prior to extended overseas travel.

Please submit the bridging visa B application no more than 3 weeks prior to your intended departure date.

The form 1006 can be lodged in person at your nearest immigration office or by post to:

GOP Box 241
Melbourne
VIC 3001

Please note the department does not accept bridging visa B applications received electronically.

Yours sincerely

Temporary Partner VIC
GM Family
Skilled & Family Delivery | Visa & Citizenship Management Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Fax: 03 9235 3077
Email: [email protected] "

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great news guys.. My husbands partner visa has been granted..
Congrats Sandz. Very happy for you.

Can you please tell
-> When you applied:
-> when visa was granted:
-> How you applied: paper online
-> Where you applied: sydney/melbourne/etc
-> High risk or low risk country?

Regards
Kathleen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally after 12 months and 10 days I got my grant today.

Applied online in Sydney 11/8/14
Moved to Perth a few months ago
More info and form 80 requested 3 weeks ago.
Granted today!!

Time for a beer!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Kathleen ..

Visa applied on 23rd August 2013
Visa was refused on November 2013
Went to mrt .. Waiting period 10 months
Won mrt 10th of October 2014
PR granted on 20th of August 2015...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have to share my good news as well, finally my visa was granted today. I applied on the 24th of June 2014, granted 21st of August 2015. I was granted 801 straight away due having been living together more than 2 years and having a child together. I officially have only received grant letter for 820, but when logging into VEVO with TRN i can see i have 801 granted. If i'll try to log in with 820 grant nr VEVO gives and error and says it's not valid information. Wish you all luck who are still waiting for their grants.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Helen..
Yes it's a big relief.. And it was a really long journey for my hubby and me.. Luckily he got his 801 granted .. We expecting our little bundle of joy in January.. Now no more visa issues and stressing about it..hope every here who is waiting will get there's granted soon as well..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrates to Sandz and Gasbag,

It looks like they are processing applicant case in last August. 
Fingers cross for mine, I also lodge my application last August.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stoked too -

Visa: 820
Date Applied: 3rd Aug 2015
Submitted: Online
Current Visa: PMV 300
Date: 4th Aug 2015 Bridging Visa Granted

Date: 20th Aug 2015 820 Temporary Visa Granted

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Kathleen ..

Visa applied on 23rd August 2013
Visa was refused on November 2013
Went to mrt .. Waiting period 10 months
Won mrt 10th of October 2014
PR granted on 20th of August 2015...
Ouch. Sounds like you went through a very painful process. But very glad that you got a positive outcome :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently waiting on my wife's 820 to be granted too. We applied last October.

Nice to see some of the August 2014 lodgements being approved this month!

Just a question for those recently granted, did you get an email stating that you have been assigned a case officer prior to the 820 being granted? Or was it a case of no correspondence since application and immediate approval and delivery of bridging visa documents through email till the actual approval of the 820 (about 12 months later?)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Helo Halogen,

We received a email requesting my 40sp, which was signed by C/O, we did not receive a separate introductory C/O email. And welcome aboard. Have you create a immigration account ?

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

·
Registered
23 Posts
Helo Halogen,

We received a email requesting my 40sp, which was signed by C/O, we did not receive a separate introductory C/O email. And welcome aboard. Have you create a immigration account ?
Thanks for the reply MaryMar.

How long was the wait between the email and the grant? Yes we have an immigration account and our 47sp and 40sp's are all uploaded on there already.

I applied online and am living in Perth

·
Registered
242 Posts
we applied (820) 3rd August 15 , email request 6th August 15 Visa approved 20th August 15, we applied online too
Our previous Visa was PMV300 ( approved in a little over 10 months )

1641 - 1660 of 6587 Posts