Australia Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
we applied 3rd August 15 , email request 6th August 15 Visa approved 20th August 15, we applied online too
Our previous Visa was PMV300
Oh wow, was yours a special case to only need less than a month from application to approval?

General Info: we applied for 820/801 Oct 2014, been waiting and fingers crossed to hear from Immi soon.

The scary thing in the back of my mind is that they can reject you without contacting you for more information first.

Edit: Nevermind I saw that you were on PMW300 prior

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hear a few been quick approvals, but yes was surprised in a 13 working day turn around. Can I ask were you also on Pmv 300 ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everybody,

I applied for 820 three days ago, about to send the last batch of documents.

So I guess I'll see you all in about a year or so :)

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quick question, why do the 300's get processed so much faster. I realise you must apply with additional info earlier or something like that?

Also we applied for my husband's 820/801 at the start of June. How long did you wait to do your medical test?

Waiting as patiently as we can... :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Quick question, why do the 300's get processed so much faster. I realise you must apply with additional info earlier or something like that?

Also we applied for my husband's 820/801 at the start of June. How long did you wait to do your medical test?

It is because they have already been determined to be in a genuine relationship and they are just checking if they got married.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pdub, we recently had our 820 approved (from PMV300) and No medical was required, ours was approved 20th Aug 2015

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think it also depends on C/O assigned to your application ours seem to move very quick from our PMV300 our 820 was approved very quick - 13 working days, but I have friends who have come from different Visa's i.e tourist etc to 820 and they have not been approved.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hear a few been quick approvals, but yes was surprised in a 13 working day turn around. Can I ask were you also on Pmv 300 ?
Hi MaryMar

My wife originally came in on a student visa, so she is currently on a student visa until March 2016, although as you know, once you apply for the 820/801 you got a bridging visa (A) so I assume her visa will revert to a BVA when her student visa expires.

·
Registered
524 Posts

I applied in May and decided to do medical late July as we are trying to have a baby and wanted the medical out of the way.

Medicals last 1 yr, but with the longer wait times of 12-15 months, it is advised to wait a few months before getting it done so as not to risk having to do medicals again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I applied in May and decided to do medical late July as we are trying to have a baby and wanted the medical out of the way.

Medicals last 1 yr, but with the longer wait times of 12-15 months, it is advised to wait a few months before getting it done so as not to risk having to do medicals again.
How strict are they with the 1 year validity period? I think we did ours before our application to have everything ready

·
Registered
242 Posts
Halogen correct our PMV had not expired before we were granted the Bridging Visa A, and still not expired when 820 approved. Yes the existing Visa will remain inplace until it expires so you have peace of mind.

Reactions: halogen

·
Registered
242 Posts
Syd, I would not do a medical unless they request, from reading many 820 applicants have been processed without doing the medical ( keep the cash in the back pocket )

·
Registered
524 Posts
Syd, I would not do a medical unless they request, from reading many 820 applicants have been processed without doing the medical ( keep the cash in the back pocket )
Your situation is different because coming from PMV you did medical already. All partner visa applicants are required to do medical.

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
524 Posts
How strict are they with the 1 year validity period? I think we did ours before our application to have everything ready
It depends on your CO. I've seen some COs extending medicals and police checks while others don't. It's up to the discretion of CO.

Reactions: halogen

·
Registered
242 Posts
Correct but they were more than 12 months old medical / police

·
Registered
242 Posts
100% correct on C/O

1661 - 1680 of 6595 Posts