Australia Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 6595 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Syd, I would not do a medical unless they request, from reading many 820 applicants have been processed without doing the medical ( keep the cash in the back pocket )
This information is incorrect. All 820 applicants are required to do a medical there is no way around it.

Those that come from a PMV have already done their medicals offshore and only have to do a new medical if requested.

·
Registered
524 Posts
This information is incorrect. All 820 applicants are required to do a medical there is no way around it.

Those that come from a PMV have already done their medicals offshore and only have to do a new medical if requested.
Thank you for clarification Mish! Can't have erroneous information left unchallenged.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
They told me they can extend medicals and police checks for 6 months
Correct they can. I have yet to see someone onshore having to redo their medicals. This probably has to do with the fact that they are already onshore and medicals have to valid when you enter Australia.

However, I have seen some offshore applications where they had to get new medicals.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi MaryMar

My wife originally came in on a student visa, so she is currently on a student visa until March 2016, although as you know, once you apply for the 820/801 you got a bridging visa (A) so I assume her visa will revert to a BVA when her student visa expires.
Hi Halogen, sounds like we are in a similar boat. My husband came in on a student visa and he is now on the BVA but his student visa doesn't expire until around January 2017 so i don't think the BVA will come into effect before the 820 would be granted. Hopefully not, that would be a long wait!.:)

It's only been 3 months but feels like we have been waiting an eternity already! Unfortunately we recently lost our baby too which has been hard.

Another quick question guys. If my husband is still on his student visa, if we need to travel to his hometown in Brazil, is he travelling on the student visa and thus we don't need any special grant for leaving the country?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Halogen, sounds like we are in a similar boat. My husband came in on a student visa and he is now on the BVA but his student visa doesn't expire until around January 2017 so i don't think the BVA will come into effect before the 820 would be granted. Hopefully not, that would be a long wait!.:)

It's only been 3 months but feels like we have been waiting an eternity already! Unfortunately we recently lost our baby too which has been hard.

Another quick question guys. If my husband is still on his student visa, if we need to travel to his hometown in Brazil, is he travelling on the student visa and thus we don't need any special grant for leaving the country?

Thanks so much.
Sorry to hear that pdub, my condolences during this very difficult time.

The student visa will be in effect as long as he has a course of study and satisfies the other requirements of a student visa. If this is the case, he is free to leave and return to Australia. Same goes for the working conditions, out of class, unrestricted, during class, 40 hours a fortnight (If i recall correctly).

My wife's student visa was for 2 years but through no fault of her own, her course was shortened to 1 year. It is a unique situation and Immi advised that as she has finished the highest qualification on her CoE, she is allowed to remain on her student visa despite not being actively in a course of study. This will last until March 2016, and of course, we are hoping the 820 gets granted before then!

·
Registered
242 Posts
pdub - Firstly sincere condolences to you and your husband for your loss.

What ever the existing restrictions are on student Visa remain. i.e if has multiple entries status quo, if in doubt you can contact Border.gov.au. I dont believe bridging B would be required but not 100% on that

Reactions: halogen and pdub

·
Registered
61 Posts
I applied for my 820/801 onshore online on 26th March 2015. I'm in Perth, I'm a UK citizen.
The wait time when I applied was 5-7 months but has since been changed to over 12 months :( I'm not sure if this includes me or those who applied after.

At the time of applying I uploaded the required docs, like the stat decs, form 80 etc.
Since then (and even still now) I am uploading things as I come across them.
When me and my partner started living together on March 7th 2014 we never added me to the tenancy as we already wanted to move somewhere else, we never made a joint account either until Jan 2015.
I've uploaded my bank statements from when we moved in together so IMMI can see that my grocery shopping etc was where we live, and highlighted cash I've taken out to pay to my partner. I was earning minimum wage at the time and my partner wouldn't let me pay much towards rents and utilities and this I believe has been our downfall.
I have however, 3 form 888's - 1 from a family friend, 1 from a police Sargent and the other from a police detective (All citizens and PR). also statements signed and with scan of color ID from my parents, partners parents, partners brother and about 10 of our friends all stating that I moved in with him on March 7th 2014. hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm surprised you say waiting times were 5-7 months when you applied; I applied in August last year and was already quoted 12-15 months. I think now they are quoting 13-15. So you should be in that bracket as well, having applied months after me (and the wait times just increase).

I don't think immi is here to judge who pays what in the couple - some couples I know only the man pays; other do 50/50 even if the income is 80/20; some do prorate of income..
I was like you; I haven't paid much because I was earning 20% of the household money because I couldnt find a full time job (so I participated to barely 20% of our expenses :p) as long as you explain why you have decided to do it this way and it's consistent. I wouldn't worry about it :)

Have you received any mail at the previous address at your name? wedding invite; or even if you had your own bank account what was the address?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I wouldn't say that it is a bad thing that your partner paid the rent I would look at it as a positive. I think it shows the genuineness because you wouldn't pay the rent for a friend.

I am guessing you lodged a tax return for both 2014 and 2015 financial year. The notice of assessment can be used to show your address. Then if you used etax you can take a printout of the page where you declare your relationship on your tax return.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have followed this post for over 6 months, and eventually I received my 820 today.
About my application,
Lodged my application by paper on 14 Aug 2014.
Health check in early Sep 2014.
Received mail about my application has progressed in the queue on 12 May 2015.
820 received 27 Aug 2015.

It gave me a big relief from endless waiting.
Hope everyone receive your visa soon. (a little expectation for people submitted in last Aug.)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have followed this post for over 6 months, and eventually I received my 820 today. About my application, Lodged my application by paper on 14 Aug 2014. Health check in early Sep 2014. Received mail about my application has progressed in the queue on 12 May 2015. 820 received 27 Aug 2015. It gave me a big relief from endless waiting. Hope everyone receive your visa soon. (a little expectation for people submitted in last Aug.)
Nice work! Congrats.
Make sure you get ready for the 801 and collect as much as you can. The waiting period for 801 is upto 9 months.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Are the requirements for the 801 the same as the requirements for the 820?
Technically no, but in essence yes.
They must assess that post 820, your relationship is ongoing and genuine so it's in your best interest to convince them with generous evidence.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't think immi is here to judge who pays what in the couple - some couples I know only the man pays; other do 50/50 even if the income is 80/20; some do prorate of income..
I was like you; I haven't paid much because I was earning 20% of the household money because I couldnt find a full time job (so I participated to barely 20% of our expenses :p) as long as you explain why you have decided to do it this way and it's consistent. I wouldn't worry about it :)

Have you received any mail at the previous address at your name? wedding invite; or even if you had your own bank account what was the address?
Unfortunately I din't change my bank account address until just before lodging the visa as I didn't even think about it! I use my iphone/ipad apps for my banking and didn't even think to change the address, which was still at an address in South Australia where I stayed when I did my regional work in 2013 (I was on a WHV).

We received no joint mail, only a wedding invite and another invite around the time of lodging the visa, nothing before. Though I did upload a lot of address related evidence like paypal/ebay orders over the year with the address on it, even emailed receipts from takeaways ordered online (menulog, eatnow etc).
On a more promising note, even though I wasn't on the lease straight away I do have a letter from our real estate manager stating that though I only recently joined the lease they know I was living there since March 7th 2014.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Guys

Did anyone here apply online in NSW around October last year? Have you heard anything yet?

My application is still sitting as "assessment in progress" and my partner's as "submitted" and no word since we first applied. Did the medicals and police check straight away as I wanted to submit a decision ready application. Have not uploaded any more evidence since either to not make it too confusing - I figured they would ask if they needed more and we've submitted quite a bit already.

Funnily enough, time has flown by and we've done very good trying not to think about it but as we are getting closer to the 12 months, have found myself thinking about it more lately :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi Guys Did anyone here apply online in NSW around October last year? Have you heard anything yet? My application is still sitting as "assessment in progress" and my partner's as "submitted" and no word since we first applied. Did the medicals and police check straight away as I wanted to submit a decision ready application. Have not uploaded any more evidence since either to not make it too confusing - I figured they would ask if they needed more and we've submitted quite a bit already. Funnily enough, time has flown by and we've done very good trying not to think about it but as we are getting closer to the 12 months, have found myself thinking about it more lately :)
I think most people can relate to your situation whereby the closer the waiting period to the 12 month mark the more anxious we get.

I guess all I can suggest is to keep doing what you're doing less anxiously waiting :)

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Guys

Did anyone here apply online in NSW around October last year? Have you heard anything yet?

My application is still sitting as "assessment in progress" and my partner's as "submitted" and no word since we first applied. Did the medicals and police check straight away as I wanted to submit a decision ready application. Have not uploaded any more evidence since either to not make it too confusing - I figured they would ask if they needed more and we've submitted quite a bit already.

Funnily enough, time has flown by and we've done very good trying not to think about it but as we are getting closer to the 12 months, have found myself thinking about it more lately :)
Hi BT, we applied middle of Oct 2014, haven't heard anything yet either.

edit: applied online, in WA

1681 - 1700 of 6595 Posts