Australia Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Am heading to 11months. Nothing is hapend. I just went to immi this morning, just submit more supporting documents. Hopefully will get email from them soon. :))

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi. Just a quick question. I've read that some people are still submitting documents almost a year from their first submission, is it allowed then to send some more documents? Or the immi will email you back to send some more. I applied through post and it might cost us more if every time we have new evidence I need to post it to immi.

·
Registered
88 Posts
supporting document is never limited, that what I though. I think it is good to show them that you have more evidences. Immi have not request me anything yet, but I still submit more. I just go there, and put in the drop box, easy, cost me 15 mins driving up and down.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Of course you can send more documents. DIBP are of no obligation to ask for more evidence. However, remember all the requirements are an at time of lodgement requirement but if the case officer is borderline the additional docs to show you are still continuing can help push it over the line.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Since lodgement I have uploaded an extra 3 documents
- proofs from August to December 2014
- proofs from January to April 2015
- proofs from May to August 2015

Each document was about 20 pages with a mix of social, flight tickets and financial things.

I would say that the online application allows to do this so why not do it? It just proves that the relationship is still ongoing a year after lodgement. As Mish said it shouldn't be a substitute for previous proofs, but it just adds up. Especially with the longer waiting times I think it's good to show the CO everything is still OK.

It's also a good way to keep info for when lodging the 801 :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
ohh got it. thanks for the information. my mind was stuck on gathering more evidences and if dibp asked for i'll send it then.. geez.. well anyway i'm still on my 3rd month from lodging i still got time, like on my 6th i'll post additional evidence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys

Did anyone here apply online in NSW around October last year? Have you heard anything yet?

My application is still sitting as "assessment in progress" and my partner's as "submitted" and no word since we first applied. Did the medicals and police check straight away as I wanted to submit a decision ready application. Have not uploaded any more evidence since either to not make it too confusing - I figured they would ask if they needed more and we've submitted quite a bit already.

Funnily enough, time has flown by and we've done very good trying not to think about it but as we are getting closer to the 12 months, have found myself thinking about it more lately :)
Hi Belgianturtle,

I submitted my application on 15th oct 2014 in nsw. Same situation as you. Submitted my police check straight away, but did my medicals just last week. Immi didn't ask for it,but thinking that 1 year is coming up, we thought best to get it done.

Still waiting and waiting and waiting...

Regards
Kathleen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys. Another quick question. Is there a chance for a "no further stay" in a visit visa be lifted? My friend's girlfriend is here and my friend wanted her to stay for good. I am not sure yet if they are getting married since they haven't announced anything, i just assumed they will. ☺

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hi guys. Another quick question. Is there a chance for a "no further stay" in a visit visa be lifted? My friend's girlfriend is here and my friend wanted her to stay for good. I am not sure yet if they are getting married since they haven't announced anything, i just assumed they will. ☺
Almost impossible. There has to be a change in circumstances since they came that is beyond their control.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What are such changes of circumstances for instance mish?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
They have to be compassionate or compelling. Saying you want to stay cause you want to get married is not enough. She would have to apply offshore for a partner visa. Compassionate would be you were in a car accident and in hospital and unable to fly home.

·
Registered
88 Posts
10.5 months for us... looks like we applied around the same time. Where did you apply from?
Yeah. My one applied on 7t Oct 2014. Apply by paper in Perth. I hear nothing. Hopefully nothing is good haha. One beautiful day Bang got visa. That is nice story hahaa. How about your? Anything since then

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah. My one applied on 7t Oct 2014. Apply by paper in Perth. I hear nothing. Hopefully nothing is good haha. One beautiful day Bang got visa. That is nice story hahaa. How about your? Anything since then
I applied online in Perth too, haven't heard anything so far. Based on some of the other users on this forum, it seems that some get approved around the 11 - 12 month mark so hopefully soon!

·
Registered
40 Posts
They have to be compassionate or compelling. Saying you want to stay cause you want to get married is not enough. She would have to apply offshore for a partner visa. Compassionate would be you were in a car accident and in hospital and unable to fly home.
Ohh alright. Thanks Mish.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I applied online in Perth too, haven't heard anything so far. Based on some of the other users on this forum, it seems that some get approved around the 11 - 12 month mark so hopefully soon!
My is almost hit 11 months now. So nervous and excited:)) got a visa feeling:)) , we keep in touch. See paper or online go first:))

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys. Just wondering if we have people waiting over 13-14 months for 820 on this thread? Who is longest? I guess me. Applied in July 2014 heard nothing since then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I applied on 1st Oct 2014 so just passed 11 months. Applied online, onshore from Perth. My wife called immi last week with a query and they told her 12-15 months and averaging 14 months at the moment so looks like my wait will be for a while longer. I'm from a low risk country and we've been married for 14 years so I assumed it would be straight forward but no such luck.

1701 - 1720 of 6587 Posts