Australia Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 6629 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quick question, do you get given a bridging visa once you've paid and submitted your initial application or after you've uploaded all the evidence?

Just trying to pre-plan and work out my timings.

Thank you

·
Registered
283 Posts
Once you've paid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been following this thread as I am now a few days away from the 12 month mark. Fingers crossed! Any day now!

Applied: 19 September 2014
Type: Paper application, I didn't realise you could do it all online but hopefully for the 801 I can switch to online
Status: received the acknowledgement email stating that they've received it and granted the Bridging Visa A but nothing since. Even when I sent my police clearance two months after application (first one got lost in the post), didn't receive anything acknowledging that they had received that.

Come ooooonnnn immigration!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I called them and they said they cannot tell me anything before15 months mark. That's a pretty generic response that they would give to anyone. So another couple months wait.
That is very general answer :)) omg 15 months. But I will call when I cross 12 month mask. To let them know, we want a visa so badly :))

·
Registered
23 Posts
I applied on 1st Oct 2014 so just passed 11 months. Applied online, onshore from Perth. My wife called immi last week with a query and they told her 12-15 months and averaging 14 months at the moment so looks like my wait will be for a while longer. I'm from a low risk country and we've been married for 14 years so I assumed it would be straight forward but no such luck.
hopefully its not averaging 14 months, don't want to pay for more bvbs!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all!
I just lodge my 820/801 application yesterday thru paper at the Perth Immig office! I haven't received any acknowledgement nor Bridging Visa yet. Waaaaaah! How long does it usually take before you get it? Thank you!!! <3

·
Registered
202 Posts
I sent mine via courrier mail.
6 hours after the Courrier App told me that the parcel was delivered, I got an email with a Bridging-Visa.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I sent mine thru post too.. Got acknowledgment and bridgjng visa the next day. Lodge june 2015 in melbourne.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sent mine thru post too.. Got acknowledgment and bridgjng visa the next day. Lodge june 2015 in melbourne.
Waaahh!!! Should I be worried?! &#128557;

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am waiting too!!

Hello, I am waiting too. I applied in march.
And we don't have any answer or case officer or nothing.
I am getting crazy!!!
I sent all the documents online... I've been living with my partner for 2 years already...

I don't know!!! :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dont worries buddy
Mine took 7 days to receive a bva and acknowledgement letter.
In Perth via post
Thanks guys!!! I hope I hear from them soon just to help me calm down! LOL Thanks again!

Reactions: pdub

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello, I am waiting too. I applied in march.
And we don't have any answer or case officer or nothing.
I am getting crazy!!!
I sent all the documents online... I've been living with my partner for 2 years already...

I don't know!!! :(
Have you received acknowledgment letter or not even?
If no you should contact immigration ASAP.

If yes there is nothing to worry about until June next year. If there are no problems with your application you won't receive any contact until you visa grant which occurs 13-15 months after application

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys!

I've been a long time observer of this page, and have found it invaluable over the duration of my visa application and subsequent waiting period!

Anyway, I just wanted to share the news that today, 4 days off a year since my application, my 820 has been granted, and my husband and I are bloomin' ecstatic!!

Huge celebrations with bubbles tonight, and a massive thanks to everyone here for sharing their experiences - it really has kept us sane knowing that others are here and willing to chat and support each other. :)

Cheers!

Dawn :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys!

I've been a long time observer of this page, and have found it invaluable over the duration of my visa application and subsequent waiting period!

Anyway, I just wanted to share the news that today, 4 days off a year since my application, my 820 has been granted, and my husband and I are bloomin' ecstatic!!

Huge celebrations with bubbles tonight, and a massive thanks to everyone here for sharing their experiences - it really has kept us sane knowing that others are here and willing to chat and support each other. :)

Cheers!

Dawn :)
congrats dawn, that is great to hear. hopefully those that applied in October are next in line!

edit: just to check, did you receive any contact from immi before the grant?

1721 - 1740 of 6629 Posts