Australia Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
congrats dawn, that is great to hear. hopefully those that applied in October are next in line!

edit: just to check, did you receive any contact from immi before the grant?
Hi Halogen

Thank you! :)

I submitted my final documents at the very beginning of August 2015, but all medicals/police checks were already with the application. I applied on 15 Sep 14 - and completed my medicals a month later. No contact at all, apart from an email on 18 August this year stating that my application had progressed in the queue and I would be contacted once a Case Officer had been assigned.... Cue nearly a month of obsessively refreshing my emails, and then today it just arrived!!!

Apologies if my post doesn't make much sense - I'm just quite close to being delirious!! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Halogen

I submitted my final documents at the very beginning of August 2015, but all medicals/police checks were already with the application. I applied on 15 Sep 14 - and completed my medicals a month later. No contact at all, apart from an email on 18 August this year stating that my application had progressed in the queue and I would be contacted once a Case Officer had been assigned.... Cue nearly a month of obsessively refreshing my emails, and then today it just arrived!!!

Apologies if my post doesn't make much sense - I'm just quite close to being delirious!! :)
Out of interest, what additional documents did you submit in August? We haven't been notified that our application has progressed in the queue yet. I wonder if you need to have the email notification of queue progress before getting the 820 grant

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of interest, what additional documents did you submit in August? We haven't been notified that our application has progressed in the queue yet. I wonder if you need to have the email notification of queue progress before getting the 820 grant
It was actually my amended marriage certificate which took forever to come through from Births, Deaths and Marriages - My mother's maiden name was on there as her second married name because I was a klutz when filling out the application for marriage a few years ago!! I only realised when I needed it for something else a few months back and contacted DIAC to let them know I would be submitting the corrected one!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Halogen

Congrats!! What a good news for a Friday!!
I hope mine will be processed soon. Do you mind to tell which office did you submit to? And on paper or online?
Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all!

I finally got my bridging visa last Thursday! Woohoo! Now the real waiting game starts! Anyway, with the request for medical exams, do I have to do it now-ASAP- or wait for an e-mail from the Immig/case officer's request? I mean, I think its only valid for a year? What do you guys think?

Also, I just want to thank all of you for your replies and this forum really helped me a lot!

xx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone, just an update, we received this email today:

Dear Mrs Halogen

Re: Application for Partner Migration

We refer to your application for a Temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) and Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801), lodged online on 11-Oct-2014.

Your application has been transferred to the DIBP Perth Office as part of an internal allocation of work and you will be contacted once processing has commenced.

If you have not yet provided the following documentation or information needed to assess your application, please do so now.

Please note: If you have already provided any of the documents or information outlined in this email, you do not need to submit them again. We also do not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you wish to confirm that your documents have been added to your application please check your ImmiAccount.

Is this similar to what others have received and do they really contact you once processing has commenced?

I suspect this email is different to the 'your application has progressed in the queue' email. From experience in this thread the grant date would be about one month from the 'progressed' email.

Anyone have experience on the timing after the 'reallocation of work' email?

Any thoughts / input?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi
You should do medical exam around 6 months time on , I think every application take at least 11months or more now,

By the way, Mine applied Oct 2014, and this morning, I just received an automatic email from DIAC said "Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted by the Department once processing of your application has commenced"
Quite existing and nervous. 1st email from DIAC since then except the acknowledgement letter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Halogen
We are same boat now, I got similar email, said my one on queue now
Oh ho, i am in Perth, so my one still progress in Perth
Hi quethaochi

Would you mind copying and pasting the first part of your email? Mine doesn't say anything about progressing in the queue.

The only thing I can think of is that because I applied online, my automated email does not have the line about progressing in the queue but since yours was applied for by post then maybe its understood to be in the Perth office and thus a different email format?

All in all I believe that we are in a similar position :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Halogen,

I also received the exact same email today. Applied online on the 12-Oct-14. Stated that I have been allocated to Perth.

Looks like a few people might be in the same position

·
Registered
88 Posts
Halogen
I think our application has been on queue for processing:))
It said

Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted by the Department once processing of your application has commenced
That s all. Meaning processing soon I reckon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys,

I received the same email today. I applied on the 3rd of November. And my application is transferred to Perth office as well. Hope the grant will come soon :D:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all.

I got the same generated email today.

Your application has been transferred to the DIBP Perth Office as part of an internal allocation of work and you will be contacted once processing has commenced.

I thought it strange as i applied from Perth but online so i suppose it could be processed anywhere. I applied 1 Oct 14.

Good luck to all waiting for grants through soon.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just booked some overseas holidays for in a few weeks, try to contact immi to enquire about the status of my application - called at 12PM and they still haven't called me back. So annoyed to be sitting at home on my day off to be waiting for their call back!!

Edit. After 3h45 got the standard blablabla - I can't tell you anything, waiting time is 15 months.... apply for a BVB..give us more money..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just booked some overseas holidays for in a few weeks, try to contact immi to enquire about the status of my application - called at 12PM and they still haven't called me back. So annoyed to be sitting at home on my day off to be waiting for their call back!!

Edit. After 3h45 got the standard blablabla - I can't tell you anything, waiting time is 15 months.... apply for a BVB..give us more money..
Lol... same thing happened to me as well. Also they told me to email them when I leave the country, so that they halt my visa processing during that time. Silly them!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We got the same email saying our application have been transferred to Brisbane processing centre. Applied in 19th October 2014.Just wondering anyone applied in October 2014 have been allocated a case officer yet?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,

Applied in December 2014 and slowly getting excited to finally getting my visa granted.

We moved out from his parents house and into our apartment about 2 months ago. Yesterday I realized, that I missed to inform immigration :-( I changed my residential address online in my immiAccount straight away. For my partner, it wouldn't let me change it but I had to print the form for address changes.

What application ID do I fill in in the form? I just have the TRN for his application as a sponsor.

It says to return the form via Email - but which email address do I have to send it to? I wanted to upload our tendency agreement too but I experience technical issues when I try. Anybody else having trouble with uploading documents? I still have plenty space for documents, just the uploading window/ pop up seems to not work properly.

I thought to just attach the tenancy agreement to the email together with my partners form. So if anybody can point me in the right direction to figure out how to contact immi by email, that would be really appreciated 👍🏻

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

1741 - 1760 of 6595 Posts