Australia Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey guys, I submitted my 820 online today and still no bridging visa....how soon will this come in by email? Pretty much freaking out as I have to vacate the country in a couple of days if this doesn't arrive :( Is this normal???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey guys, I submitted my 820 online today and still no bridging visa....how soon will this come in by email? Pretty much freaking out as I have to vacate the country in a couple of days if this doesn't arrive :( Is this normal???
Maybe leave it until tomorrow and give them a call?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,, I lodged my partner visa on 17 Sep 15 and I got my bridging visa A on my email the following day.
I paid through BPay though so it's not instant.

But if you paid with credit card, you should get your bridging visa straight away?
Have you got yours today?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, on my Bridging visa A that I recently got, it said that the average processing time for a Partner (temporary) visa is currently between 9-12 months. Is this true? Because last time I read it somewhere in this forum, it said the current processing time is 12-18 months.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, on my Bridging visa A that I recently got, it said that the average processing time for a Partner (temporary) visa is currently between 9-12 months. Is this true? Because last time I read it somewhere in this forum, it said the current processing time is 12-18 months.

Thanks
a more current time frame would be 12-15 months I believe

·
Registered
43 Posts
So guys who's been waiting the longest on this thread. I'm right into the 15 months mark now. Pls share how long you been waiting for 820

·
Registered
40 Posts
So guys who's been waiting the longest on this thread. I'm right into the 15 months mark now. Pls share how long you been waiting for 820
Hi,

Waiting for 9 months and haven't heard anything yet. Have you contacted immi to follow-up yet?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey,, I lodged my partner visa on 17 Sep 15 and I got my bridging visa A on my email the following day.
I paid through BPay though so it's not instant.

But if you paid with credit card, you should get your bridging visa straight away?
Have you got yours today?
Yes I did end up getting it...I think it was because I submitted late at night...I got the bridging visa the next morning around 10 am :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Waiting for just over 11 months. Haven't heard anything yet.Just wondering if anyones application is processing in Brisbane ,as i see most going to Perth

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey,

Just reading recent messages. So looks as though the average processing time is 10-15 months and looks as though most are processing in Perth or Brisbane. Just wondering when people had got emails saying where it was being processed. On immi mine says application received after 6 months. Just wondering what the earliest contact with DIBP was?

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
So I submitted my 820 app a few days back and received the bridging visa, but my partner submitted his sponsorship app and for the past three days, his just says "submitted" and not "received" like mine does...is this typical?

·
Registered
283 Posts
LittleOne, yes, it is typical. Six months after submission my sponsor's still says Submitted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes and yes - they just told me processing time is 15 months so it's standard wait...
Have they told you anything?

Gonna have to apply for bvb again next week...
Helene, have you received any contact from DIBP via email about your application being transferred to a different state or that it has progressed in the queue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes and yes - they just told me processing time is 15 months so it's standard wait...
Have they told you anything?

Gonna have to apply for bvb again next week...
i didn't try to contact them yet,as my application will be only 12 months this October 19th. We didn't bother about the wait so far,but now we are planning to go overseas in November and then again planning a European holidays next May.Now the thought of applying for BVB and holding the application while away and delaying things further is annoying.Fingers crossed hoping to get it processed before November!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
May I know if there is any waiting period for lodging 820 application? If I used ETA and arrived Australia this morning, can I lodge my 820 application and received BVA this afternoon?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
May I know if there is any waiting period for lodging 820 application? If I used ETA and arrived Australia this morning, can I lodge my 820 application and received BVA this afternoon?
There is no official waiting times but if you lodge the day you arrive on your ETA DIBP could argue that you are in breach of the tourist visa conditions.

Don't forget that you can not work until the expiry of the ETA ie. 3 months, so applying sooner does not change when you can start working.

1761 - 1780 of 6595 Posts