Australia Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 6697 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey guys when you apply for the 820 onshore are all the applications done online or can you hand them in person?

Also why does my Fiancee have to complete her health check again for the 820 onshore?

Thank you
Paper applications can be lodged via post; however it is easier to provide additional documents when you lodge online.

I assume your fiancé will be applying for 820 whilst on a PMV. If this is the case, then it's unlikely that another health check will be required since one was done for the PMV.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry Syd should have said that we are going from PMV to 820.

Thank you for clearing that up for me i am just prepping myself up when she does arrive after we get married so we can apply for the 820 straight away.

I know the paperwork is nearly the same as for the PMV with few additional documents needed such as joint banks accounts etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi,
I have to get my medical done, if I applied today when would my appointment be? Days, weeks, months?
Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
I have to get my medical done, if I applied today when would my appointment be? Days, weeks, months?
Thanks!
It depends where you live - I'm in Perth and don't think I waited more than a week or so but that was last year. Go onto bupa visa medical services and enter in your info. They have an online booking system and from what I remember you select your appointment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Currently scanning all my documents ready to apply on Monday.
Quick question regarding bank statements - we have printed out all our statements so we can write notes/highlight. Now I am scanning I have done each in a bunch regarding date eg - sponsor bank statement Jan - Feb or joint account April - may) or should I do all statements in three lump files? Sponsors, applicant and joint?

Thnx!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Currently scanning all my documents ready to apply on Monday.
Quick question regarding bank statements - we have printed out all our statements so we can write notes/highlight. Now I am scanning I have done each in a bunch regarding date eg - sponsor bank statement Jan - Feb or joint account April - may) or should I do all statements in three lump files? Sponsors, applicant and joint?

Thnx!
Personally I'd go with the second option :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good to see visas getting approved!! We applied last November and hoping to be granted soon im on Bridging E visa with no travel as i quit my studies, wish to go home my dad is sick and have a wedding, so really waiting for the day, might call to speed things up like others.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,
Thanks!
From memory, you can select your appointment in any available days. I did my medical check last year in Brisbane. I did my medical check a few weeks after I booked an appointment with Bupa. But this was done before my visa application. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
From memory, you can select your appointment in any available days. I did my medical check last year in Brisbane. I did my medical check a few weeks after I booked an appointment with Bupa. But this was done before my visa application. :)
Happy to see someone else from China approved, what province are you from?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
How come medicals have to be completed for 820 on shore visa i thought you only do it once when you apply for the PMV?

Where do you get your medicals done in Brisbane?
You don't do medicals again when applying PMV to 820 unless requested to do so - I have yet to see someone asked to do them for the 820 after doing them for PMV.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi there
I'm Originally from Beijing :)
Oh cool, im from Fujian, apparently high risk area of China so immigration may look at my case harder haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm applying tomorrow for our 820 visa but am waiting on two of my 888 forms to be given to me from family and friends. I really want to apply tomorrow as my partners WHV expires 9th December and I don't want to leave it too late. Are 888 forms able to be uploaded after we apply? I have 5 statements from overseas friends/fam and three 888 forms - just waiting on the 2 888 forms. Can I apply and upload the remaining 888s as soon as I get them?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes I think so. It's better to have them sooner rather than later but no one seems to be able to give a timeline as to when your evidence has to be uploaded by so I wouldn't stress too much.

Just keep in mind that you can only upload 60 documents each (I think!) so make sure you leave room to upload your 888s.

As for the WHV, you could apply on the last day it's valid and he should still get a bridging visa as soon as you've clicked submit. I understand your anxiety though and the sooner you do it the sooner he'll be eligible for PR.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Amazing thanks, also for the heads up on the 60 documents! I might upload everything I can as all I am waiting on is two 888's. Just finished up with our personal statements. Ugh so stressful trying to add as much info without making things super confusing!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have lodged my Partner Visa 820 from PMV and received via email the Bridging Visa Grant though it will not be in effect until my PMV expires. Today (a week after lodgement), Immi has returned my docs via post mail with a small note "with compliments NSW Partner Processing Centre"

I am not sure what does this mean? Anybdy with the same case of returned docs?

1881 - 1900 of 6697 Posts