Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My partner (Italian) and I (Australian) will be applying for the 820 partner visa this month.

The requirements say that you need to live together the past 12 months. We've lived together for 3 years in London (and have all the lease paperwork for this), but have then spent the last 12 months traveling together. Would this be a problem for our application, or is showing all the evidence traveling together okay?

Thanks,
Marcus

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Hi guys,

My partner (Italian) and I (Australian) will be applying for the 820 partner visa this month.

The requirements say that you need to live together the past 12 months. We've lived together for 3 years in London (and have all the lease paperwork for this), but have then spent the last 12 months traveling together. Would this be a problem for our application, or is showing all the evidence traveling together okay?

Thanks,
Marcus
If you have evidence, travel tickets etc, of travelling together, then that also counts as being together.
I used such tickets as part of our evidence of being together.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
The requirements is that you must have been in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months. This is not the same as living together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, yes we are in a De facto relationship, we also have a EEA Family Permit in Europe to that effect. My question was more around whether it has to be at least 12 months in general OR the most RECENT 12 months (and whether the fact we have been traveling the most recent 12 months would be a problem for the application in proving a De facto relationship)?

Thanks
Marcus

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
A de facto relationship must be a minimum of 12 moths old.

When in your relationship you must have not been apart on a permanent basis.

- So if you and your partner split up at any time in the past, the clock resets on the 12 months.

Note:- Many couples had long periods of living apart, but it is not on a permanent basis. Often reasons are visas, religious and work, during this time evidence of communication becomes important.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Great, yes we are in a De facto relationship, we also have a EEA Family Permit in Europe to that effect. My question was more around whether it has to be at least 12 months in general OR the most RECENT 12 months (and whether the fact we have been traveling the most recent 12 months would be a problem for the application in proving a De facto relationship)?

Thanks
Marcus
The requirements is a minimum of 12 months prior to lodging the application, so you want to go back as far as you can. You should pay special attention to the past 12 months, because you won't have the standard evidence (lease, utility bills etc). I assume you still have some sort of joint financial arrangements, insurance policies etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks
Marcus
The requirements is a minimum of 12 months prior to lodging the application, so you want to go back as far as you can. You should pay special attention to the past 12 months, because you won't have the standard evidence (lease, utility bills etc). I assume you still have some sort of joint financial arrangements, insurance policies
etc.
---

Hello to all. Regarding 820 Partner Visa,
For married category- Can this be applied a month after marriage or have to strictly follow the at least " 6 months if married" rule. Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The requirements is a minimum of 12 months prior to lodging the application, so you want to go back as far as you can. You should pay special attention to the past 12 months, because you won't have the standard evidence (lease, utility bills etc). I assume you still have some sort of joint financial arrangements, insurance policies
etc.
---

Hello to all. Regarding 820 Partner Visa,
For married category- Can this be applied a month after marriage or have to strictly follow the at least " 6 months if married" rule. Thanks In advance.
Start a new thread for a new question otherwise things get confusing :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.