Australia Forum banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We are applying for the 820 partnership visa onshore. My partner lived and worked in China for 5 years and has a police check covering that entire period but it is dated 2013.

It is impossible to get a police check for China while being outside of China. We've emailed and called the local authority (it changes from state to state so there is no centralised system) but have had no response. We are unable to fly to China to get the police check in person because of money.

Do you think they might accept the 2013 police check, along with proof of us trying to contact the local authority to issue a new one? Should we include it in the initial application anyway?

Also, has anyone else had similar issues with police checks for other countries while doing an onshore application?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Not open for further replies.